The commentary gave me the shits. :lol:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post subject: Re: Driving skills ..
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'd have loved to have been in the canteen, when he returned the lorry to the depot. As for the customers... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:35 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Ay caramba.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Ay caramba.

That's what the bloke on the weighbridge said.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:39 am 
Manager
Manager

Just out of interest.

Has anyone here just passed their driving license.

I'm just trying to fathom when using indicators became optional and not really important.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:01 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Just out of interest.

I'm just trying to fathom when using indicators became optional and not really important.

when I passed they were optional if it was deemed that no one could see you.

also when passing traffic on a dual carriageway, it is not necessary to indicate back into the left hand lane as long as you are going faster than the traffic.

there is also no requirement to indicate off a mini roundabout.

I tend to indicate anyway so people know what im doing.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:25 am 
Manager
Manager

whelp wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Just out of interest.

also when passing traffic on a dual carriageway, it is not necessary to indicate back into the left hand lane as long as you are going faster than the traffic.

I didn't know any of this. :shock: Daft if you ask me.

I'm on your side whelper.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
whelp wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Just out of interest.

I didn't know any of this. :shock: Daft if you ask me.

I'm on your side whelper.

some of the rules are proper daft, if you just indicate all the time it becomes second nature.

I passed around 11 years ago so its probably all different now

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:07 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

I don't think Audi's and BMW's are fitted with indicators these days ... :evil:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

DazDC5 wrote:
I don't think Audi's and BMW's are fitted with indicators these days ... :evil:

they never were...

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

I was taking driving lessons in Gillingham around 1976 and my Instructor asked why are you indicating when there are no vehicles in front or behind you? I reckoned it was safer than to be sorry and it don't cost me any money to indicate. Anyway, I still failed the test in that shite town, but later passed in an 4 ton Army lorry (HGV-3) as it was known back then. You youngsters can drive the same category of vehicle on an ordinary driving license nowadays, but I bet you were never taught how to recover from a stall on a steep incline or how to decline a steep off road hill without even thinking of touching your clutch pedal.

They have watered everything down nowadays, that's the way it is and they complain about a lack of road awareness and safety. :roll:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Having missed his turnoff I once saw a driver in Italy reverse on a roundabout!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

lucca wolf wrote:
Having missed his turnoff I once saw a driver in Italy reverse on a roundabout!

...and he would have been on the wrong side of the road. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:58 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

On Police driving courses you get a bollocking for not indicating your intentions to other road users prior to your move, you also get a bollocking for indicating when there are no viewers of your intentions, other than yourself.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
On Police driving courses you get a bollocking for not indicating your intentions to other road users prior to your move, you also get a bollocking for indicating when there are no viewers of your intentions, other than yourself.

I get your point until some 16 year old idiot like I was on a Scooter comes up inside in your blind spot without the intention of turning where you wish to turn. :roll:

What harm does it cause to indicate whether there is someone in front, behind, on the inside, outside or overhead. As I said earlier, it doesn't cost anything to indicate and not every driver like myself has a Crystal Ball on the dashboard. :roll:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

I wonder whether Keith Moon had passed his driving test.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

I get your point until some 16 year old idiot like I was on a Scooter comes up inside in your blind spot without the intention of turning where you wish to turn. :roll:

What harm does it cause to indicate whether there is someone in front, behind, on the inside, outside or overhead. As I said earlier, it doesn't cost anything to indicate and not every driver like myself has a Crystal Ball on the dashboard. :roll:

I am all for indicating on every manoeuvre mate, tis the right thing to do and most sadly lacking in the average arse on the road now.
As stated, if you change lanes on a dual carriageway with no one in front or behind for position, why indicate?
Are we getting into the debate about a tree falling in a forest whilst no one is there?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

I am all for indicating on every manoeuvre mate, tis the right thing to do and most sadly lacking in the average arse on the road now.
As stated, if you change lanes on a dual carriageway with no one in front or behind for position, why indicate?
Are we getting into the debate about a tree falling in a forest whilst no one is there?

Because, there just might be some fooker in your blind spot and it don't cost anything to indicate and it'll still be blinking when the Ambulance and the Traffic Cops turn up and it'll look better on the insurance claim. :wink:

However, I'm more worried about the tree falling in front of me or, on top of me. Some folk when overtaking, don't use their mirrors before indicating and just cut in front. Of course, we're all perfect drivers and it is only the other wankers that cause accidents. I know my limitations, but some folk shouldn't be allowed to drive without a permanent instructor with them. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:30 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

You always have blind spots so how do you know there are no other people about who could benefit from your indicator.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:08 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:

You always have blind spots so how do you know there are no other people about who could benefit from your indicator.

exactly.

you endeavour to see everything you can but can you honestly say you saw everything every time?

and as Moscow rightly pointed out, it don't cost anything to indicate.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:34 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Planning and preparation remove blind spots.When you are aware of your road you are aware of the need to indicate your intentions. If you know there is no one to indicate to then indication is pointless.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:44 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Planning and preparation remove blind spots.When you are aware of your road you are aware of the need to indicate your intentions. If you know there is no one to indicate to then indication is pointless.

Aye. On the open road and dual carriageways I'm always checking the mirror to see what's/if anything's catching me up. Spatial awareness is summat some of our players could benefit from then they'd know which way to pass the ball.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:05 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Aye. On the open road and dual carriageways I'm always checking the mirror to see what's/if anything's catching me up. Spatial awareness is summat some of our players could benefit from then they'd know which way to pass the ball.

:lol: I was going to introduce the inability of current Wolves players to adapt quickly to their environment and plan ahead mate, I decided not to in case I received a massive reply in relation to tactics and stuff that I doe know anything about :wink:

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:

I try to live my life always knowing what is going on in front of me and what is going on behind me however, where it concerns driving, that would mean knowing what is going on at least 100-200 metres each way, but you live in a country with GATSO and folk that usually know how fast they can drive and get away with it. Here in Bulgaria, it is not unusual to have Cars and Motorcycles doing 140 miles per hour on the motorways and sometimes the A roads. The Motorway here is only two lanes by the way except for crawler lanes on some steep inclines.

In my Touareg, the mirrors are really good and I'm usually doing around 80 - 90 MPH on the motorways so can judge who might pull out in front of me without indicating and who is coming up behind going faster than I am and I can out accelerate them with the kick down if I feel they're getting too close, but in my Lada Niva the wing mirrors are like a woman's face powder compact and in that I'm rarely doing more that 60-70 MPH and there isn't any turbo charger and no where to go when stuck out there in the outside lane.

The margins are small when doing 60 miles an hour and pulling out to overtake a lorry when someone in a black Mercedes is coming at you at over 130 miles per hour. Only experience allows the correct judgement, but at the speeds they drive, they're on you before you know it. You cannot constantly stare into your mirrors, just glance as required, but one second the road is clear and the next second it is not, hence at least indicate and they'll blast their horns and flash their headlights telling you to get the fook out of the way.

The standards of driving in Eastern Europe and Greece for that matter are appalling, the amount of RTA's staggering and still the silly fookers overtake on blind bends, I just don't understand where the stupidity stems from. :?

Mark Twain

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Banter