Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Banter

Share On:

Post subject: Just in time it appears
 Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:25 am 
Manager
Manager

Wow, it's been a long long time and so much water has passed under the bridge ... and I think I still know how to work this lot out.
I see that the forum is closing shop and couldn't pass up the chance to thank all of me old chums for the happy times spent on here (too many to mention but special mentions for Nutty, Lb and Arch) ... and Lee/Kat for the opportunity.
I 'moved on' some years ago now but wn't pretend that I didn't have a peep from time to time ... about 5 or 6 times, sad to see that others have 'moved on too' ... :(

I still follow WWFC but only through the media, I haven't been to a match for years and years.

I did indeed re-marry and move away (correct Lb :) ) but, unfortunately, my wife passed away in Feb 2016 after stage 4 cancer that started in the brain and spread to her vital organs, she was only 56.
In the Aug of the same year, I lost my mother who suffered a huge stroke form which she never recovered.

And me? ...Well I have been fighting Parkinsons disease for the last few years and whilst getting older in age, I walk and move about like a 90yr old. Washing, dressing, standing, sitting, eating, drinking etc are all big challenges (or, on a really bad day, almost impossible ... if you could only see me typing this message out haha).

I currently live, semi remotely, in the North Warks countryside and love the peace and quiet. The kids are all adults now (United and Proud, as I think my son posted as, gets married in three weeks time ...hope I don't embarrass him at the wedding).

Anyway, I've gone off at a tangent, sorry. Thanks again to all those who have left me with many many happy memories of good times. Be good, health, wealth, peace and happiness to you and your families.

Love and respect
Stratford Wolf ...signing off ... over'n'out. 8)

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:43 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Oi YOU !!!

We aint gooin nowhere, THE WOLF lives on and it would benefit from your imput, as it did once before.. I am going to make an effort (and yes i agree it is an effort these days) to contribute more to the community and it would be great if you're in on the journey as well.

Keep in touch bud.

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:00 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hi Stratford

How good it is to hear from you. Really sorry to hear about your wife and your mother and now your own health problems, what a tough time you have had. I well remember some good banter on here with you, Nutty and Arch.

As you will see, we have found a way to keep the forum going for now so if you do feel well enough to join in from time to time it would be great.

Best wishes Strats.

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:54 pm 
Most Successful Thrush Thrasher

Well if it isn’t Mr Spangles himself :smt007
Tough times chicks....and we lost touch. I’ll try the old email address.....
I’ve missed you.

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

As if by magic ... speak of the little devils :D

Can't make any promises, everyday is different, but won't rule anything out either. 8)

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:32 pm 
Most Successful Thrush Thrasher

Stratford Wolf wrote:
As if by magic ... speak of the little devils :D

Can't make any promises, everyday is different, but won't rule anything out either. 8)

Ok Spangles, I’ve pm’d, emailed and sent message in a bottle down the cut... did I ever tell you about my memoirs? ‘Adventures of a country wench under the cut bridge’.... :wink:

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

nuttymate wrote:
... did I ever tell you about my memoirs? ‘Adventures of a country wench under the cut bridge’.... :wink:

Tell me??? ... you promised me that chapter 3 was all about us, under that very bridge!!! ... I hope you toned it down,I'm quite shy ya know. :oops:

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Banter