Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:39 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 21703
Location: Cannock.
shropswolf wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
You don't get to be successful in a mega corporation in a country of billions of people by simply being affable. There will be a ruthless streak.


Well Mike Ashley has a ruthless streak, yet Newcastle have been relegated twice under his watch.

Sport is an entirely different field than business. You can be ruthless all you want or you can happen to have the skills to find the right football people and hand control to them, but there's an industry full of crap managers, poor scouts and total chancers out there and few of the greats are queuing up to take control at Wolves.


The trouble is with this as well is because of the hundreds of millions in the game many ex players try and stay in and gain chances because of profile not ability.

People who have never been students of the game but were able to play at a good standard based on natural ability not tactical ability.
And these guys close ranks when challenged and try and shout others down which then enables a really bad product.
The difficulty is not enough people in boardrooms have enough knowledge to see these chancers for what they are, Parasites.

_________________
Léo Bonatini using the space Wolves have neglected for decades.

Never be surprised when Conservatives put Profit before People.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:44 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 10612
knocker knowles wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
You don't get to be successful in a mega corporation in a country of billions of people by simply being affable. There will be a ruthless streak.


Well Mike Ashley has a ruthless streak, yet Newcastle have been relegated twice under his watch.

Sport is an entirely different field than business. You can be ruthless all you want or you can happen to have the skills to find the right football people and hand control to them, but there's an industry full of crap managers, poor scouts and total chancers out there and few of the greats are queuing up to take control at Wolves.


The trouble is with this as well is because of the hundreds of millions in the game many ex players try and stay in and gain chances because of profile not ability.

People who have never been students of the game but were able to play at a good standard based on natural ability not tactical ability.
And these guys close ranks when challenged and try and shout others down which then enables a really bad product.
The difficulty is not enough people in boardrooms have enough knowledge to see these chancers for what they are, Parasites.


And that's all the more problematic at Wolves where the main players on the board are 2 Chinamen who have seemingly put their faith in Kevin Thelwell to run the football operation.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:12 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18381
Location: WV4 and WL4
shropswolf wrote:
nd that's all the more problematic at Wolves where the main players on the board are 2 Chinamen who have seemingly put their faith in Kevin Thelwell to run the football operation.


I still don't get this, why? Did Fosun become so big and succesful, by hiring people, to do jobs that they are not capable of doing? On one hand, you have the madness of Mendes, and on the other, the futility of Thelwell. When will these Chinamen wake up?

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:16 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm
Posts: 8348
Embers wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
nd that's all the more problematic at Wolves where the main players on the board are 2 Chinamen who have seemingly put their faith in Kevin Thelwell to run the football operation.


I still don't get this, why? Did Fosun become so big and succesful, by hiring people, to do jobs that they are not capable of doing? On one hand, you have the madness of Mendes, and on the other, the futility of Thelwell. When will these Chinamen wake up?



After this mornings' rumours it would appear Fosun haven't put their faith in Thelwell, but in Mendes.
All change?

_________________
http://www.rugusavay.com/wp-content/upl ... otes-2.jpg


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:54 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18381
Location: WV4 and WL4
warn wrote:
Embers wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
nd that's all the more problematic at Wolves where the main players on the board are 2 Chinamen who have seemingly put their faith in Kevin Thelwell to run the football operation.


I still don't get this, why? Did Fosun become so big and succesful, by hiring people, to do jobs that they are not capable of doing? On one hand, you have the madness of Mendes, and on the other, the futility of Thelwell. When will these Chinamen wake up?



After this mornings' rumours it would appear Fosun haven't put their faith in Thelwell, but in Mendes.
All change?


It could thel-well be :wink: You couldn't make it up with Wolves, could you. We get a British owner, who helps us get to the Promised Land, who then throws in the towel, and takes us two divsions lower, with the help of a self-serving megalomaniac CEO. Then, just when we think the dark days have gone, with a takeover that makes us one of the richest clubs in Britain, albeit on paper, we have a decision to make, in terms of a youth coach making the football decisions, or a self-serving, perm-tanned agent.

Madness, utter madness, I tell you, our club is a soap opera.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:31 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 21703
Location: Cannock.
] You don't get to be successful in a mega corporation in a country of billions of people by simply being affable. There will be a ruthless streak. [/quote]

Well Mike Ashley has a ruthless streak, yet Newcastle have been relegated twice under his watch.

Sport is an entirely different field than business. You can be ruthless all you want or you can happen to have the skills to find the right football people and hand control to them, but there's an industry full of crap managers, poor scouts and total chancers out there and few of the greats are queuing up to take control at Wolves.[/quote]

The trouble is with this as well is because of the hundreds of millions in the game many ex players try and stay in and gain chances because of profile not ability.

People who have never been students of the game but were able to play at a good standard based on natural ability not tactical ability.
And these guys close ranks when challenged and try and shout others down which then enables a really bad product.
The difficulty is not enough people in boardrooms have enough knowledge to see these chancers for what they are, Parasites.[/quote]

And that's all the more problematic at Wolves where the main players on the board are 2 Chinamen who have seemingly put their faith in Kevin Thelwell to run the football operation.[/quote]

You can't rely on profile to get your own way, there are to many knowledgeable people, well people who think they are knowledgeable looking to put a different view.
You have to sell your vision, you have to have clarity about things.

You cant just go to Fosun and say I want this player or that player.

You have to provide detail about why this player. Specifics about his play.

Convince your master why Jordan Hugill at near 3 million and 15k a week is better than Nélson Oliveira on a free, both the same age.

What does Hugill bring to the table that Oliveira doesn't, convince me.

_________________
Léo Bonatini using the space Wolves have neglected for decades.

Never be surprised when Conservatives put Profit before People.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:43 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 6708
Location: Telford
Good points KK ; totally agree on the Hugill v Oliveira question.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:12 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18381
Location: WV4 and WL4
Low Hill Born wrote:
Good points KK ; totally agree on the Hugill v Oliveira question.


Is Hugill more of an 'athlete', than Oliveira?

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:48 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 6708
Location: Telford
Was Daley Thompson more of an athlete than Usain Bolt ?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:43 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 17747
Low Hill Born wrote:
Was Daley Thompson more of an athlete than Usain Bolt ?


Undoubtedly.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:32 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 21703
Location: Cannock.
Embers wrote:
Low Hill Born wrote:
Good points KK ; totally agree on the Hugill v Oliveira question.


Is Hugill more of an 'athlete', than Oliveira?


I guess thats the road you would take if your the coach trying to convince the Chairman he is the man to lead the line.
He has typical English qualities, he will run all day, be brave, chase lost causes, make a nuisance of himself, try and get on the ends of things, win his headers.

So as a coach its pretty basic fare, you hit the channels or get the ball wide then feed the box, then you add runners for the second ball.

Its very basic English football that you can see in any works league going up through the levels into the Championship.
And it can work, to a point.

_________________
Léo Bonatini using the space Wolves have neglected for decades.

Never be surprised when Conservatives put Profit before People.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:29 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11668
Location: Wolverhampton
Taken from the Wolverhampton Wanderers FC - News & Chat Page on Facebook...

Quote:
Massive congratulations to Academy 2nd year scholars who have been offered professional contracts...

Adam Osbourne
Cameron John
Christian Herc
Niall Ennis
Jordan Allan
Andrew Harris
Harry Beasley

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:08 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:05 pm
Posts: 3259
Could Batth be massive for Wolves?

If he ends up playing for India, could that be massive for our fan base in India?

If we want to grow into the elite (what Fosun want apparently) we have to grow an international fan base.

_________________
https://twitter.com/DanGwwfc do it you know you want to


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:37 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 10612
Dan G WWFC wrote:
Could Batth be massive for Wolves?

If he ends up playing for India, could that be massive for our fan base in India?

If we want to grow into the elite (what Fosun want apparently) we have to grow an international fan base.


We'd have to turn back into a football & cricket club to become massive in India. Football is of minor consequence there at the present time. Potentially a big market but not for some time, and with the poor quality of the current PL, probably not for a good while.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:05 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18381
Location: WV4 and WL4
shropswolf wrote:
Dan G WWFC wrote:
Could Batth be massive for Wolves?

If he ends up playing for India, could that be massive for our fan base in India?

If we want to grow into the elite (what Fosun want apparently) we have to grow an international fan base.


We'd have to turn back into a football & cricket club to become massive in India. Football is of minor consequence there at the present time. Potentially a big market but not for some time, and with the poor quality of the current PL, probably not for a good while.


Danny Batth's from Brierley Hill, fuck off Dhoni.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11668
Location: Wolverhampton
According to Britney...Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:01 pm 
Offline
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:52 am
Posts: 1604
Location: Wolverhampton
wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
According to Britney...Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk


Nazon? Who is he? I must have been asleep when he signed.

_________________
My son - Wolves through and through. The best part of my life is going to the match with him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:25 pm 
Offline
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Posts: 1454
Location: WOLVERHAMPTON
Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
According to Britney...Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk


Nazon? Who is he? I must have been asleep when he signed.


Duckens Nazon.Keep up :roll:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:02 pm 
Offline
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:52 am
Posts: 1604
Location: Wolverhampton
wolfrunna wrote:
Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
According to Britney...Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk


Nazon? Who is he? I must have been asleep when he signed.


Duckens Nazon.Keep up :roll:


Oh. Of course. A star player.

_________________
My son - Wolves through and through. The best part of my life is going to the match with him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:32 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11668
Location: Wolverhampton
I'm surprised they've kept Price & Saville. I suppose another year won't hurt.

Henry, surplus to requirements. Wouldn't get a look-in with Cav, Costa, Marshall and Graham fighting it out for the wing positions.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:51 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 6708
Location: Telford
Another year for Saville shows league one ambitions and KT is going nowhere.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:57 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18381
Location: WV4 and WL4
wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
I'm surprised they've kept Price & Saville. I suppose another year won't hurt.


I'm not, and that concerns me. I am concerned, and perturbed, I am puzzled and perplexed.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:23 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11668
Location: Wolverhampton
I think Saville is being groomed as a replacement for Edwards. :lol:

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:24 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18381
Location: WV4 and WL4
wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
I think Saville is being groomed as a replacement for Edwards. :lol:

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk


Maybe he's just being groomed.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:34 pm 
Offline
First XI
First XI
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 1827
Location: Lambertville, Michigan
I'm hoping they just signed Price and Saville so they can garner a fee on a sale and the players wouldn't sign elsewhere on a free transfer. Because I don't see either with a future at Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:05 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 21703
Location: Cannock.
Low Hill Born wrote:
Another year for Saville shows league one ambitions and KT is going nowhere.



It reeks of a small town mentality and a culture that just chugs on the same as before. Its as though the club reverts to what happened under Moxey and Morgan.

Not a visionary thought in sight, not a creative bone among the people making key decisions. Drab and Gray.


If Kevin Thelwell was asked to produce a multi billion summer blockbuster for Steven Spielberg he would seek out the 1960s scripts of Crossroads.

Small time thinking, going nowhere.

_________________
Léo Bonatini using the space Wolves have neglected for decades.

Never be surprised when Conservatives put Profit before People.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:12 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 14265
Location: My mind's eye
knocker knowles wrote:
Low Hill Born wrote:
Another year for Saville shows league one ambitions and KT is going nowhere.



It reeks of a small town mentality and a culture that just chugs on the same as before. Its as though the club reverts to what happened under Moxey and Morgan.

Not a visionary thought in sight, not a creative bone among the people making key decisions. Drab and Gray.


If Kevin Thelwell was asked to produce a multi billion summer blockbuster for Steven Spielberg he would seek out the 1960s scripts of Crossroads.

Small time thinking, going nowhere.


My thoughts exactly, Thelwell going nowhere, Lamberk probably going nowhere and another wasted season, I look forward to us signing the likes of tug boat Grant Hanley this summer, oooh exciting

_________________
Say no to hoof!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:24 am 
Offline
First XI
First XI
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:32 pm
Posts: 1942
MichiganWolf wrote:
I'm hoping they just signed Price and Saville so they can garner a fee on a sale and the players wouldn't sign elsewhere on a free transfer. Because I don't see either with a future at Wolves.


That was certainly the suggestion with regards to Price

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/fo ... get-talks/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:08 am 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 3722
Location: London
Can't complain about that. Leaves Iorfa, Hause and Batth as CBs assuming EEL is sold. Shame to see Stearman go but hoping we can attract better.

Expect open to offers for Saville and Price, and I expect lower Champ teams will be interested at the right price, if they both stay then they are good squad fillers.

Would like to keep Weimann, can never be too short of striking options and at 1.5m he is a snip. Frees up funds to target a bigger signing up top.

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:32 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 6708
Location: Telford
With all due respect , you used the words "good" and "Saville" in the same sentence.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.

cron