Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:39 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
You don't get to be successful in a mega corporation in a country of billions of people by simply being affable. There will be a ruthless streak.

Well Mike Ashley has a ruthless streak, yet Newcastle have been relegated twice under his watch.

Sport is an entirely different field than business. You can be ruthless all you want or you can happen to have the skills to find the right football people and hand control to them, but there's an industry full of crap managers, poor scouts and total chancers out there and few of the greats are queuing up to take control at Wolves.

The trouble is with this as well is because of the hundreds of millions in the game many ex players try and stay in and gain chances because of profile not ability.

People who have never been students of the game but were able to play at a good standard based on natural ability not tactical ability.
And these guys close ranks when challenged and try and shout others down which then enables a really bad product.
The difficulty is not enough people in boardrooms have enough knowledge to see these chancers for what they are, Parasites.

Never be surprised when Conservatives put Profit before People.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:44 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
You don't get to be successful in a mega corporation in a country of billions of people by simply being affable. There will be a ruthless streak.

Well Mike Ashley has a ruthless streak, yet Newcastle have been relegated twice under his watch.

Sport is an entirely different field than business. You can be ruthless all you want or you can happen to have the skills to find the right football people and hand control to them, but there's an industry full of crap managers, poor scouts and total chancers out there and few of the greats are queuing up to take control at Wolves.

The trouble is with this as well is because of the hundreds of millions in the game many ex players try and stay in and gain chances because of profile not ability.

People who have never been students of the game but were able to play at a good standard based on natural ability not tactical ability.
And these guys close ranks when challenged and try and shout others down which then enables a really bad product.
The difficulty is not enough people in boardrooms have enough knowledge to see these chancers for what they are, Parasites.

And that's all the more problematic at Wolves where the main players on the board are 2 Chinamen who have seemingly put their faith in Kevin Thelwell to run the football operation.

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:12 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
nd that's all the more problematic at Wolves where the main players on the board are 2 Chinamen who have seemingly put their faith in Kevin Thelwell to run the football operation.

I still don't get this, why? Did Fosun become so big and succesful, by hiring people, to do jobs that they are not capable of doing? On one hand, you have the madness of Mendes, and on the other, the futility of Thelwell. When will these Chinamen wake up?

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:16 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
nd that's all the more problematic at Wolves where the main players on the board are 2 Chinamen who have seemingly put their faith in Kevin Thelwell to run the football operation.

I still don't get this, why? Did Fosun become so big and succesful, by hiring people, to do jobs that they are not capable of doing? On one hand, you have the madness of Mendes, and on the other, the futility of Thelwell. When will these Chinamen wake up?

After this mornings' rumours it would appear Fosun haven't put their faith in Thelwell, but in Mendes.
All change?

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
Embers wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

After this mornings' rumours it would appear Fosun haven't put their faith in Thelwell, but in Mendes.
All change?

It could thel-well be :wink: You couldn't make it up with Wolves, could you. We get a British owner, who helps us get to the Promised Land, who then throws in the towel, and takes us two divsions lower, with the help of a self-serving megalomaniac CEO. Then, just when we think the dark days have gone, with a takeover that makes us one of the richest clubs in Britain, albeit on paper, we have a decision to make, in terms of a youth coach making the football decisions, or a self-serving, perm-tanned agent.

Madness, utter madness, I tell you, our club is a soap opera.

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:31 am 
Manager
Manager

] You don't get to be successful in a mega corporation in a country of billions of people by simply being affable. There will be a ruthless streak. [/quote]

Sport is an entirely different field than business. You can be ruthless all you want or you can happen to have the skills to find the right football people and hand control to them, but there's an industry full of crap managers, poor scouts and total chancers out there and few of the greats are queuing up to take control at Wolves.[/quote]

The difficulty is not enough people in boardrooms have enough knowledge to see these chancers for what they are, Parasites.[/quote]

And that's all the more problematic at Wolves where the main players on the board are 2 Chinamen who have seemingly put their faith in Kevin Thelwell to run the football operation.[/quote]

You can't rely on profile to get your own way, there are to many knowledgeable people, well people who think they are knowledgeable looking to put a different view.
You have to sell your vision, you have to have clarity about things.

You cant just go to Fosun and say I want this player or that player.

You have to provide detail about why this player. Specifics about his play.

Convince your master why Jordan Hugill at near 3 million and 15k a week is better than Nélson Oliveira on a free, both the same age.

What does Hugill bring to the table that Oliveira doesn't, convince me.

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:43 am 
Manager
Manager

Good points KK ; totally agree on the Hugill v Oliveira question.

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

Low Hill Born wrote:

Is Hugill more of an 'athlete', than Oliveira?

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Was Daley Thompson more of an athlete than Usain Bolt ?

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:43 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Low Hill Born wrote:
Was Daley Thompson more of an athlete than Usain Bolt ?

Undoubtedly.

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:32 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
Low Hill Born wrote:

Is Hugill more of an 'athlete', than Oliveira?

I guess thats the road you would take if your the coach trying to convince the Chairman he is the man to lead the line.
He has typical English qualities, he will run all day, be brave, chase lost causes, make a nuisance of himself, try and get on the ends of things, win his headers.

So as a coach its pretty basic fare, you hit the channels or get the ball wide then feed the box, then you add runners for the second ball.

Its very basic English football that you can see in any works league going up through the levels into the Championship.
And it can work, to a point.

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:29 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

Taken from the Wolverhampton Wanderers FC - News & Chat Page on Facebook...

Quote:
Massive congratulations to Academy 2nd year scholars who have been offered professional contracts...

Adam Osbourne
Cameron John
Christian Herc
Niall Ennis
Jordan Allan
Andrew Harris
Harry Beasley

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:08 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Could Batth be massive for Wolves?

If he ends up playing for India, could that be massive for our fan base in India?

If we want to grow into the elite (what Fosun want apparently) we have to grow an international fan base.

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

Dan G WWFC wrote:

If he ends up playing for India, could that be massive for our fan base in India?

If we want to grow into the elite (what Fosun want apparently) we have to grow an international fan base.

We'd have to turn back into a football & cricket club to become massive in India. Football is of minor consequence there at the present time. Potentially a big market but not for some time, and with the poor quality of the current PL, probably not for a good while.

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Dan G WWFC wrote:

We'd have to turn back into a football & cricket club to become massive in India. Football is of minor consequence there at the present time. Potentially a big market but not for some time, and with the poor quality of the current PL, probably not for a good while.

Danny Batth's from Brierley Hill, fuck off Dhoni.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:48 pm 

According to Britney...Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:01 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

wolvesforever_1979 wrote:

Nazon? Who is he? I must have been asleep when he signed.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:25 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:

Duckens Nazon.Keep up :roll:

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:02 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

wolfrunna wrote:
Deano's Golden Boots wrote:

Duckens Nazon.Keep up :roll:

Oh. Of course. A star player.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:32 pm 

I'm surprised they've kept Price & Saville. I suppose another year won't hurt.

Henry, surplus to requirements. Wouldn't get a look-in with Cav, Costa, Marshall and Graham fighting it out for the wing positions.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

Another year for Saville shows league one ambitions and KT is going nowhere.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

I'm surprised they've kept Price & Saville. I suppose another year won't hurt.

I'm not, and that concerns me. I am concerned, and perturbed, I am puzzled and perplexed.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:23 pm 

I think Saville is being groomed as a replacement for Edwards. :lol:

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

I think Saville is being groomed as a replacement for Edwards. :lol:

Maybe he's just being groomed.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:34 pm 
First XI
First XI

I'm hoping they just signed Price and Saville so they can garner a fee on a sale and the players wouldn't sign elsewhere on a free transfer. Because I don't see either with a future at Wolves.

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:05 am 
Manager
Manager

Low Hill Born wrote:

It reeks of a small town mentality and a culture that just chugs on the same as before. Its as though the club reverts to what happened under Moxey and Morgan.

Not a visionary thought in sight, not a creative bone among the people making key decisions. Drab and Gray.

If Kevin Thelwell was asked to produce a multi billion summer blockbuster for Steven Spielberg he would seek out the 1960s scripts of Crossroads.

Small time thinking, going nowhere.

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:12 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Low Hill Born wrote:

It reeks of a small town mentality and a culture that just chugs on the same as before. Its as though the club reverts to what happened under Moxey and Morgan.

Not a visionary thought in sight, not a creative bone among the people making key decisions. Drab and Gray.

If Kevin Thelwell was asked to produce a multi billion summer blockbuster for Steven Spielberg he would seek out the 1960s scripts of Crossroads.

Small time thinking, going nowhere.

My thoughts exactly, Thelwell going nowhere, Lamberk probably going nowhere and another wasted season, I look forward to us signing the likes of tug boat Grant Hanley this summer, oooh exciting

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:24 am 
First XI
First XI

MichiganWolf wrote:
I'm hoping they just signed Price and Saville so they can garner a fee on a sale and the players wouldn't sign elsewhere on a free transfer. Because I don't see either with a future at Wolves.

That was certainly the suggestion with regards to Price

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/fo ... get-talks/

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:08 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Can't complain about that. Leaves Iorfa, Hause and Batth as CBs assuming EEL is sold. Shame to see Stearman go but hoping we can attract better.

Expect open to offers for Saville and Price, and I expect lower Champ teams will be interested at the right price, if they both stay then they are good squad fillers.

Would like to keep Weimann, can never be too short of striking options and at 1.5m he is a snip. Frees up funds to target a bigger signing up top.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

With all due respect , you used the words "good" and "Saville" in the same sentence.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat