Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

FT, pretty pathetic effort in this tie overall.

Two attempts to kick out the shittest team in the Premier League and failed, oh well. No goals appearing from Bright, Costa or Mir in the foreseeable future on these showings.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

C'est la vie, over and out, we move on, let's hope we can beat Forest to settle things down again.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:47 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

We can concentrate on the league now. No dawn queuing for Mr Fister again alas.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:47 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

gladbachwolf wrote:
C'est la vie, over and out, we move on, let's hope we can beat Forest to settle things down again.

Agreed. You get the feeling we are tiring don’t ya?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

hugh jarse wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Agreed. You get the feeling we are tiring don’t ya?

I think we are having a mini blip......tiredness across the squad maybe.....we will find out for sure on Saturday, Forest with a new manager....fired up against the league leaders...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:55 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I’m worried about Saturday now :? I’m worried about the game after too. And the game after. We’re on telly so much and I hate it when we’re on telly. I’m just generally worried. What if we mess this up? What if what if what if?

I think I need to go to bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

A positive of going out tonight: we've now got 5 weeks in which we only play Saturdays.

The first team needs all the rest it can get... and a proper new striker would surely be a real shot in the arm to all.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

You often get a struggling Premiership team doing well in the cup so it`s no great surprise. I don`t think there is anything to worry about, normal service will be resumed on Saturday.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
You often get a struggling Premiership team doing well in the cup so it`s no great surprise. I don`t think there is anything to worry about, normal service will be resumed on Saturday.

I'd rather normal service from a few months ago was resumed than the impotence of Barnsley.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:05 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Knocked out of both cups after fielding a second string lineup ...now vs citeh maybe that’s acceptable ...just ...but vs. Swansea with a tie vs notts county awaiting its very dissaponting indeed tbh...Nuno should have given it more of a go tonight in my opinion. A bit of a Cup run may have given em the kick start they need at the moment...just my opinion of course.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

I would presume that Nuno`s instructions are to get us out of this Division. He will be focusing the players to concentrate on this objective. The further we would have progressed in the cup would have put more pressure on him to field a full strength team. Slowly, slowly catchee monkey. Let`s get promotion first. A cup run can wait.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:17 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I think the players got a bit jaded over the Christmas period when it was match after match with most of the regulars playing every game. There was all the emotional energy as well, particularly against Bristol City. Nuno has tried to change the players around a bit for the cup to give them a rest and to give the squad players a bit of encouragement but that has lowered the overall quality a bit. For example, Gibbs-White may be a great prospect but can he match Neves at this stage, I think not.

It sounded to me like Jota was back to the top of his form when he came on and if the likes of Neves Boly and Coady are on it then we should be fine at the weekend. Weekly matches for a while now will help so now is not the time to think the bubble has burst.

Blimey, I don't think I've ever been the positive one before.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:46 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

As soon as I saw the back three the alarm bells started ringing. Our first XI could give most teams in the prem a good game, but we don't have the strength in depth in many areas of the pitch YET.

Not the end of the world though.... Bigger fish to fry and all that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:53 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Cally wrote:
I’m worried about Saturday now :? I’m worried about the game after too. And the game after. We’re on telly so much and I hate it when we’re on telly. I’m just generally worried. What if we mess this up? What if what if what if?

I think I need to go to bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On telly? Tonight we were pretty much ignored by the media (apart from the clueless guys commentating on Talksport who had clearly never watched us or done ANY research before the game).

We were on TV against Villa - our best game of the season. Saturday will be great ... trust me!!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:46 am 
Manager
Manager

Not much to learn when two second strings play each other apart from highlighting the fact Wolves lack punch without Jota.

Question to be asked.

How would the season pan out if Jota suffered a season ending injury.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Not much to learn when two second strings play each other apart from highlighting the fact Wolves lack punch without Jota.

Question to be asked.

How would the season pan out if Jota suffered a season ending injury.

Neves and Jota are what makes the team tick. I wouldn't get worried about the ifs and maybes tbh. Any team would be weakened if they lost their creative players. Look how much Sheff Utd suffered just from losing 1 player to injury.

Imagine Derby without Vydra etc.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:54 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

Lack of atmosphere in the away end?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:37 pm 
First XI
First XI

What a disaster. Only joking. That's only our 4th (count 'em, 4th) defeat of the season. Eight changes. Playing on a bit of a ploughed field apparently, which doesn't compliment our passing game.

When all first-team regulars start it is a smashing line-up. Sure, we need a goalscorer to finish off the chances we create with abundance, but that's all. No doubt that will be sorted by month end.

Another bonus is that we have no mid-week games for 5 weeks. One game a week, giving our players plenty of time to recover between games.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:38 am 
Manager
Manager

The coach will be thankful that without midweek interruptions he can get on with coaching and preparing his team in a more measured way.
Those road trips just mess up the schedule.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:12 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
The coach will be thankful that without midweek interruptions he can get on with coaching and preparing his team in a more measured way.
Those road trips just mess up the schedule.

Same for all teams though- and they dont really mess up the schedule as they are known - and therefore scheduled.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:58 pm 

Yes - but we have a coach and coaches who KNOW what to do with players - they COACH them, not just tell them to go out and kick a ball about for half an hour, and do some stretches.....

Nuno only got the team to platy as well as they do/did by spending hours and hours on the coaching field with them, and discussing tactics and strategy. Batth Doc and Coady did not get better by chance.

I for one am glad Nuno will now have a chance to re-implement his ideas and re-invigorate the coaching. It will see us back to the November levels of performance.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies