Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:44 am 
Manager
Manager

I have seen Dost a few times on Portuguese TV and although he scores a lot of goals in the league there, the PL would be way above his station.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:54 am 
Manager
Manager

Dost had a decent enough scoring record in Germany but didn't look a particularly skilful or intelligent player. You couldn't rely on him to carry an attack at PL level.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:39 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Dost had a decent enough scoring record in Germany but didn't look a particularly skilful or intelligent player. You couldn't rely on him to carry an attack at PL level.

Its a really difficult slot to fill, the subtle art of the modern centre forward and in many ways is key to Wolves next season.

The recruitment team really have to study the players and the qualities required. Easy to get it wrong.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:48 am 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Rumours today that Huddersfield are after Ivan Cavaleiro as he’s not part of Wolves’ plans. I’d be extremely surprised if that was the case!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:09 am 
Manager
Manager

alig4321 wrote:
Rumours today that Huddersfield are after Ivan Cavaleiro as he’s not part of Wolves’ plans. I’d be extremely surprised if that was the case!

I doubt Jorge Mendes would move Cav to a club such as Huddersfield and I doubt they would meet Wolves asking price should he be moved on.

Seems a strange rumour.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:28 am 
Manager
Manager

Yes, a strange rumour, definitely keep Cav in our squad for me.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

I think Jeff needs to keep careful tabs on Uncle Gorge's player merry-go-round, as we need to build on what we have to progress further, not start moving players we need, to other clubs. It will be interesting to see what the club hierarchy think...

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:10 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
I think Jeff needs to keep careful tabs on Uncle Gorge's player merry-go-round, as we need to build on what we have to progress further, not start moving players we need, to other clubs. It will be interesting to see what the club hierarchy think...

I think many of those decisions are above Jeff and maybe above Nuno.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Embers wrote:

So who is Mendes 'dealing' with at Wolves?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Embers wrote:

Thelwell……………... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

:shock:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:28 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Embers wrote:

The main man, I think he sits at the top table and Wolves strategy is dictated by Mendes and Mr Guo Guangchang.

The others trust their judgment.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:52 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

There has been no reason to question Fosuns running of the club or our relationship to Mendes so far, things have been going well on and off the pitch and we made a real statement of intent with yesterdays signing. You know me, I'd be giving em both barrels if I thought we were being run badly but so far things are pretty good so I'm keeping my powder dry.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:00 pm 
First XI
First XI

I think there should be a chant for Mendes when the season starts, sing it loud and proud.
Now that would REALLY piss the establishment and old guard off......:)

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:47 am 
Manager
Manager

Wolves have to evaluate if young Monaco winger Jordi Mboula would be given sufficient playing time should they make him a loan signing.

Several clubs interested.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat