Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

Plenty of time for more signings. 8)

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:52 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

warn wrote:
Plenty of time for more signings. 8)

Only 40 days till the window closes, hopefully we are well down the line in negotiations for players otherwise it's gonna be a mad dash to the finish

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:37 am 
Manager
Manager

Its all about quality isn't it and high quality players usually have plenty of options, then loan signings of whom we can make permanent at a later date.

3 more full recruits and a couple of loans please.

Stefano Sturaro is an interesting one, very hard working and capable of putting a shift in week after week in midfield.
A player that is also comfortable at right back.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:09 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Its all about quality isn't it and high quality players usually have plenty of options, then loan signings of whom we can make permanent at a later date.

3 more full recruits and a couple of loans please.

Stefano Sturaro is an interesting one, very hard working and capable of putting a shift in week after week in midfield.
A player that is also comfortable at right back.

Exactly. We, for the first time in bloody decades, are not trawling the markets of Agrabah for diamonds in the rough.

Just because a named player is available, does not mean he will fit in our system, or our way of playing football. We are searching for the right players, the right talent to move us forward. This will take time, and I for one am thankful we are not throwing money around as we did on our last tilt at the windmill on players we never played then loaned out to be sold at a loss.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:49 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Rumours all over internet txt WBA are in for....

Danny Batth!

Would he go?

I suspect most sensible (and there are a few) fans would say "Well done and thanks for all you have done to restore pride in the club - now go and do the same for our rivals with our good wishes"

But i am sure others will spew forth bile and talk of Judas and traitors....

Me? Think it is sensible. He isn't quite good enough for Prem, and needs a new challenge. Will others come in for him??

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:35 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Danny Batth!

Would he go?

I suspect most sensible (and there are a few) fans would say "Well done and thanks for all you have done to restore pride in the club - now go and do the same for our rivals with our good wishes"

Me? Think it is sensible. He isn't quite good enough for Prem, and needs a new challenge. Will others come in for him??

Don't think them lot would take to him, the first mistake he makes and they would be on his back, I'd take 4 mill for him now, his stock isn't what it was a couple of years ago and he shouldn't be near a Premier League first 11

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Danny Batth!

Would he go?

Don't think them lot would take to him, the first mistake he makes and they would be on his back, I'd take 4 mill for him now, his stock isn't what it was a couple of years ago and he shouldn't be near a Premier League first 11

It's a massive sea change between them and us, all of a sudden. Hey ho, they had their stint up there, hopefully we have a longer more successful one.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:50 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Danny Batth!

Would he go?

It's a massive sea change between them and us, all of a sudden. Hey ho, they had their stint up there, hopefully we have a longer more successful one.

Putting aside all the emotive, rabid, and downright tribal rivalry between the two clubs, I have sat back and meditated on the dichotomy of being near neighbours, but so far apart culturally. In addition, the inability of most myopic supporters on both sides to see the bigger picture, has always been a cause for concern.

After much soul searching, I think the answer is.......Fuck em.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:23 pm 
First XI
First XI

I see that the useless Joe Mason is on his way back, even the yanks could see he is crap.
How did we accumulate so much rubbish again..... Zyro, Mason, Deslandes, Graham, Gladon, Oniangue, Iawful,, the list goes onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:43 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 days left in the window, I'm getting proper tetchy now with our lack of signings

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
28 days left in the window, I'm getting proper tetchy now with our lack of signings

You've always been tetchy, matey...always tetchy - particularly when Rozza has sunk his fangs into your butt. 8)

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:33 am 
Manager
Manager

CRADLEY DAVE wrote:
I see that the useless Joe Mason is on his way back, even the yanks could see he is crap.
How did we accumulate so much rubbish again..... Zyro, Mason, Deslandes, Graham, Gladon, Oniangue, Iawful,, the list goes onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

It happens if you rush into judgments of players, thats why its good that Wolves are taking their time this window and have specific targets.

Hopefully players who are bang on technically, get their heads up see the pictures early and are team players.
Then the scouts have to factor in age and character before seeking those who would fit our pattern.

Easy this scouting lark isn't it.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:31 am 
First XI
First XI

knocker knowles wrote:
CRADLEY DAVE wrote:

It happens if you rush into judgments of players, thats why its good that Wolves are taking their time this window and have specific targets.

Hopefully players who are bang on technically, get their heads up see the pictures early and are team players.
Then the scouts have to factor in age and character before seeking those who would fit our pattern.

We could have rushed in for the likes of Jack Wilshire. A London boy who would be longing for the bright lights of the Capital and would only be fit to play for a dozen games. A waste of time.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:32 am 
Manager
Manager

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
CRADLEY DAVE wrote:

We could have rushed in for the likes of Jack Wilshire. A London boy who would be longing for the bright lights of the Capital and would only be fit to play for a dozen games. A waste of time.

West Ham have taken the kind of gambles I wouldn't want Wolves to take.

That new record signing is very hit and miss and could easily be a costly flop.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:08 pm 

According to tomorrow's Mirror, Zinchenko(?) flown with Man City for pre-season, but 'is in talks with Wolves'. Acknowledges he is leaving. Fulham also interested.

Hopefully Nuno will be persuading him (& his reps) to come and join the revolution (if not the sort KK would prefer....)

This one has run for a long time, but at least now a real paper rather than a chatty website is talking about it....

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:50 am 
Manager
Manager

Just a hunch that there could be a couple of deals sorted by next Monday.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

I reckon 2 or 3 more quality signings before the new season kicks off. There is going to be a lot of anticipation ahead of the opening game, I just hope we hit the ground running as opposed to our previous campaign starts in the EPL.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:30 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I reckon 2 or 3 more quality signings before the new season kicks off. There is going to be a lot of anticipation ahead of the opening game, I just hope we hit the ground running as opposed to our previous campaign starts in the EPL.

Its going to be strange when the season opens looking on with Wolves the top dog in the West Midlands.

Then the anticipation of watching Wolves entertain, which they will.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat