Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:20 am 
Manager
Manager

The Iranian Messi on the way?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ubin-kazan

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:32 am 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:

Except for at internationals, he has not been that prolific. I can understand why the club want no obligation if the rumours are true. Last thing they want is to go into the Summer window trying to offload Leo, if he is still there, whilst having an obligation to replace him with someone who also never scored. Having said that, given our new formation and with Rual to set him up, he might take the league by storm. You never know.

With our recent changes, we may yet see a central three and Raul getting whoever is our out and out goal scorer on a run. I think Leo is going tonight, but we should keep him until a transfer in is definite, and that might be why his transfer out earlier didn't happen. We might have pulled the plug because an incoming transfer fell apart.

I wonder if Leo could find his form in a 3-5-2 if called upon to pair with Raul in a crisis? If nobody joins the club and a crisis does happen, I would like Leo to still be here.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Kazan is a long ways away so I don't think we have the time for a medical now.

Rumours are Bonatini to Forest and Traore on loan to Boro.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Bonatini gone to Forest on loan.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:13 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

And Donovan Wilson to Exeter.

Is it leaving us a bit short of options up front if Jimenez were to get crocked???

I wonder if one IS in the pipeline????

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

Neither Wilson nor Bonatini were ever going to play any more first team football for us this season so anything that materialises is fully independent of their exits.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:34 pm 

That may be the case, but.... no back-up??

A frontline choice of Costa, Traore, Cav, Jota.... Looks a bit 'same'. MGW just ain't a forward!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:20 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Why do we need to rush to buy players in this window? Our Premier league status is all but confirmed and prices are inflated so there’s just no need. If I could choose one signing, it would be Jiménez and then look to build on the squad in the summer.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

alig4321 wrote:
Why do we need to rush to buy players in this window? Our Premier league status is all but confirmed and prices are inflated so there’s just no need. If I could choose one signing, it would be Jiménez and then look to build on the squad in the summer.

If we have the option to buy Jimmy at a fixed price at the end of the season, no need to hand over the money now

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

FFP would likely rule out Jimenez signing during this season anyway.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:08 am 
Manager
Manager

alig4321 wrote:

Because survival is not our Managers goal. If we were hovering around 16th or 17th and fighting for survival then Nuno might not even be here now. It is likely our minimum goal is 12th and preferred goal around 10th with bonuses to staff and players the higher they go above that.

The last thing Nuno wants is the club to slump to below mid-table if Raul and Jota get injured and the others cannot replicate their goal-scoring form.

So if nobody comes in then we can likely assume that Leo has a 24-hour emergency recall tied into the loan agreement.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:42 am 
Manager
Manager

Good window. sometimes its just about unloading your rubbish then not adding more of the same.

Glad that we didn't get involved for tat like Moses, Origi and Batshuayi

The club now looks capable of dodging the bullets.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:24 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Good window. sometimes its just about unloading your rubbish then not adding more of the same.

Glad that we didn't get involved for tat like Moses, Origi and Batshuayi

The club now looks capable of dodging the bullets.

The problem is one injury to either Jimenez or Jota and we'll be back to Traore down the middle and Costa wandering down blind alleys. A short-term striker loan would have been OK, but clubs aren't so keen to do such deals with the obligation to buy being in place.

It seems we were interested in that Iranian guy and Tammy Abraham was certainly too strongly mooted for there to be nothing in it. Both were seemingly scuppered by the issue of a purchase afterward, when Wolves just wanted extra cover capable of playing in the PL for four months.

I agree though, we have done well on the outgoings. Clubs like Sunderland are still trying to flog off players you forgot they signed 3-4 years ago. This January we managed to get Gladon, Iorfa and Mason off the books and palm the rest out on loan.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

Well Zenit have signed the Iranian lad so the odds on Wolves signing Tammy Abraham on loan next summer just shortened.

Villa need promotion to have any chance of keeping him.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:37 am 
Manager
Manager

Think we will set our sights higher than Abraham. Interesting the Iranian lad went to St Pete, implies we could have gambled and if he hadn't worked out flogged him back to a Russian club.

Happy that we cleared some dross, content with the squad as it is but hopefully we are looking at a CB and striker to bring in this summer.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:46 am 
Manager
Manager

First target for me imagining this was a summer draft pick would be a midfield player with speed, physicality and stamina.

You would absolutely pour through the French leagues looking for the ideal specimen.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:18 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
First target for me imagining this was a summer draft pick would be a midfield player with speed, physicality and stamina.

You would absolutely pour through the French leagues looking for the ideal specimen.

A snotter. :wink:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:54 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

A snotter. :wink:

Not accepted in the Premier league, especially when you consider the value of each player.

Today its all about shutting down the correct space consistently and quickly.

This is where you fear Man Utd against Wolves, the sheer athleticism to run through centre field without challenge.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:01 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Or our own squad and you can find Donk.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:14 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Or our own squad and you can find Donk.

I don't think like you often BBW but on this one I must admit I had the same thought.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 am 
Manager
Manager

Looks like Jarrod Bowen will be moving in the summer. Hope we have him under consideration, caught my eye when he made his breakthrough in the Prem, so a little surprised he is still in the Chump. Winger/forward with an eye for goal. Maybe we could swap Traore for him.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:27 am 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Looks like Jarrod Bowen will be moving in the summer. Hope we have him under consideration, caught my eye when he made his breakthrough in the Prem, so a little surprised he is still in the Chump. Winger/forward with an eye for goal. Maybe we could swap Traore for him.

He's certainly a consideration, personally am unsure if he has enough alround quality to demand a fee of over 12 million.

Two more well taken goals yesterday.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

Diego Lainez according to his father.

Watched him against Barca on ITV4, impressed me and wondered if we would utilise our Mexican connection to get him. Assumed no chance as he just signed for big money to Betis.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:22 am 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

Watched him against Barca on ITV4, impressed me and wondered if we would utilise our Mexican connection to get him. Assumed no chance as he just signed for big money to Betis.

Jorge Mendes has some strong involvement with Mexican teams and players, he makes a lot of money for them.
They do what he says.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:10 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

Jorge Mendes has some strong involvement with Mexican teams and players, he makes a lot of money for them.
They do what he says.

Good

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:26 am 
Manager
Manager

Is there anyone at Wolves who could be a potential target for those teams promoted from the Championship?

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 3:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Is there anyone at Wolves who could be a potential target for those teams promoted from the Championship?

Don't think either would be interested in Traore, unfortunately. More a Pulis or Warnock type of player. Costa would attract one of the big Portuguese teams, maybe Cav too. Saiss would if he were available but I only see some of the wingers moving on.

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 3:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Guardiola still needs to replace Fernandinho and I don't see who it will be unless it is Neves.

Do we take the eighty plus million and wish him good luck. Does it actually free us up to play a more balanced midfield with Donk and Moutinho more sitting with attacking box box player or ten in there. Maybe Tielemans with Mendes' Monaco links?

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:42 am 
Manager
Manager

The Iranian Messi did very well in Russia, 8 or 9 goals in 10 games, seems quite a goalscorer.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Would you take Giroud..has back up to Jimmy and Jota
Or has an experienced alternative??

I also keep hearing about our supposed interest in Pizzi?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat