Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

4 year deal, best striker at Wolves since Bully, amazing player, get in

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Raul is a wolf
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Looking at his past career this has really been a breakthrough season for him, probably surprised himself with how well things have gone.

We all thought it was a lot of money to make it permanent, looks a bargain now.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

A great start to our summer transfer business. Even if this season is a highwater mark for him, he's already shown himself to be one of the best forwards we've had in decades.

At almost 28, we probably won't be selling him at profit but just one more decent campaign next time out and it's already an excellent investment.

An added bonus is that our record transfer is no longer Traore.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

Absolute bargain. Him and Jota are forming a great partnership up front. Happy days!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:26 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I never thought Wolves fans could ever love a £30 million pound player as their expectancy levels would be so severe.
He has proven his worth prior to signing which renders my first sentence complete bollocks, good business Wolves and good logistics. It just go's to show just how much Wolverhampton Wanderers have now become an attractive business and a go to team for both development and potential glory.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:52 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

It seems we're not just signing good footballers, but good people as well. Raul's attitude is spot on and he seems genuinely glad of the faith being shown in him by everyone associated with the club.

What a bloke!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
I never thought Wolves fans could ever love a £30 million pound player as their expectancy levels would be so severe.
He has proven his worth prior to signing which renders my first sentence complete bollocks, good business Wolves and good logistics. It just go's to show just how much Wolverhampton Wanderers have now become an attractive business and a go to team for both development and potential glory.

Makes me laugh that Palace paid this for Benteke:

Quote:
On 20 August 2016, Premier League side Crystal Palace completed the signing of Benteke on a four-year deal for a fee of £27m which could rise by a further £5m, bringing the total fee to £32m.

And to think that they called Akinbye "Cackin'badbuy" :mrgreen:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:15 am 
Manager
Manager

lankywolf wrote:
It seems we're not just signing good footballers, but good people as well. Raul's attitude is spot on and he seems genuinely glad of the faith being shown in him by everyone associated with the club.

What a bloke!

Great point. The recruitment staff working hand in hand with Nuno, are doing a fantastic job. None of our now "Stars" were automatic first choices in their respective clubs. Magnificent scouting and wonderful work on the training field to get them to where they are today. Never been so proud to be a supporter.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

It seems that we are signing proper, decent players, no big egos and it Is working well so far. Stay humble....as Nuno says.....it is about the TEAM, not individuals.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:26 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Absolutely! Someone at Wolves is doing a cracking job in terms of 'due diligence' before bringing players to Wolves.

Every single one brought in recently has not only improved as a player thanks to Nuno and his coaches (and you can include Bennett and Coady and Doc as well as Vinagre, Noves, Jota, Jimenez, etc etc), but they also seem to be INCREDIBLY sensible and well-grounded individuals who keep out of trouble and know how to behave totally professionally.

I suspect that the first one 'thrown out of a bar' or 'fighting in the street' would simply not be at the club for five minutes. They know that Nuno would not tolerate such things.

And to those who say Wolverhampton - as a place - will never attract the 'big stars', I would say 'GOOD'. Nuno (and I) do not want players who are attracted to the bright lights and attractions of London and even Manchester.... We want guys who want to work hard, train hard, and relax at home with their friends and family, and just occasionally perhaps enjoy a glass of good wine - not 12 pints and a curry....

Raul is the hardest-working centre forward I have seen. He has fantastic ability to make the most of any ball played at him, and is totally self-less. A real real star. Long may he shine!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

For Jimenez to be full value he has to maintain and improve on his form next season and the next.

Next season will be pivotal.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:04 pm 

I think he needs Nuno and the coaches to develop a more subtle approach in the final third with Jimenez & his partners. Jimenez is a very willing worker, and very talented, but these attributes need harnessing and developing. At present there are too many games where we have possession but lack penetration. There are not enough 'cute' runs, and cunning through balls, and slick inter-passing to create clear-cut chances.

but I suppose every side is searching for the Holy Grail....

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:23 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
I think he needs Nuno and the coaches to develop a more subtle approach in the final third with Jimenez & his partners. Jimenez is a very willing worker, and very talented, but these attributes need harnessing and developing. At present there are too many games where we have possession but lack penetration. There are not enough 'cute' runs, and cunning through balls, and slick inter-passing to create clear-cut chances.

but I suppose every side is searching for the Holy Grail....

I've seen Jimenez make cute runs in a few games and no one in our midfield has spotted it because we are so concentrated at the back, we lack players upfield moving the opposition about. It's why I want us to get players in so we can go with a 4 at the back, it might mean that the likes of Coady and Doherty fall by the wayside but if we want to progress we have to evolve this team and our tactics, we can't go in to next season playing the way we have this season as I think we are too easy to play against when we aren't "up for it" and sides are starting to suss us out

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

We still require a high quality striker who can drop off the front and link the midfield as required.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
We still require a high quality striker who can drop off the front and link the midfield as required.

Easy then. Who is available and allows us to stay within FFP rules - Is Joao Felix the man (100m +)?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:03 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-47960714

We appear to have benefitted from surprise packages in recent years :)

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:24 am 
Manager
Manager

Been misfiring since the semi, Vicarage Road is the perfect place to rediscover his form.

Assumed Raul would be off to the Copa America with Mexico this summer but apparently themselves and the US haven't been invited this time.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat