Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: End of season dinner
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:17 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Myself and my son were at the dinner last night as vip guests courtesy of Wolves Mastercard. Apparently, by using the card I had been entered into the draw for tickets. It was a good evening with decent food and free booze although we couldn't take much advantage as I was driving and we both had to be up at 6 this morning.

Adama Traore and Romain Saiss sat at our table and they were both good especially considering the amount of times they were interrupted to pose for selfies and give autographs. I thought Adama was exceptional though with the way he engaged with people, showed interest and nothing seemed to be too much trouble for him. It is interesting just to see players in a different light like this. They were both fasting for Ramadan and couldn't start eating until about 9ish but Adama certainly made up for it then. He didn't seem to know much about faggots and black pudding though (both were on the menu) and I don't think he could get his head around "mushy pays" (which weren't on the menu). Close up his biceps and shoulders are massive, he struggles to get his arms into shirts.

I won't bore you with the awards themselves - you will get that information elsewhere.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: End of season dinner
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Looks like unless you win a ticket, they go to sponsors and businesses, they didn't email me or anyone this year to see if we'd like to go. Sign of the times I guess.

Glad you enjoyed it Leftie, shame you couldn't cane the free booze, I would have got a hotel room and got plastered!

Post subject: Re: End of season dinner
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:34 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Interesting what you say Embers. There were some 1500 seated at the dinner - it was at Telford because I presume the Jack Hayward suite is too small. However, when I had the call to say I had won tickets I did look on the Wolves website for more information and I couldn't find anything. having said that there were 2 distinct groups, VIP and other and there were a lot of tables listed under an individual name rather than an organisation so I expect there was a way to buy individual tickets somewhere.

The main reason I posted was that I wanted to say that I thought Adama Traore was a great bloke. I wish now that he could work out for us.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat