Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

The return.

A near full house for a dead rubber.

Forecast 1-1 with as few first team starters as possible.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Wolves vs Pyunik .
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:05 pm 
First XI
First XI

I think we see Coady, Bennett, Jonny and Jota start, with Doherty, Boly, Neves, Patricio, Moutinho and Jimenez on the bench. Everyone else will be from outside the first XI. Don't care if we win, lose (outside of 4 or 5-0) or draw as long as we stay healthy.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:19 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Traore & Vinagre wing backs.
Full debuts for Jesus & Cutrone.
Starts for Saiss & MGW.
Ruddy in goal.
Neto & Jordao should expect some game time as well.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:50 am 
Manager
Manager

Rotate, keep some big guns on the bench in case.

Would like to see a Ronan Cutrone Neto diamond up top, see what they can do.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:35 am 
Manager
Manager

Ronan's playing in Slovakia.

Surely we should be able to entrust enough fringe players we are paying thousands to every week to manage with a 4-goal head start at home to a team from the 38th strongest league in Europe to see us home.

It would of course be nice to win the match to boot.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

Very hard to call the result and how many we win by until you see the team sheet, then you can make a more balanced judgement. The Armenians will give it their all and cause us the odd problem for sure.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

If Wolves are drawing or better at half time on the night I would give Dendoncker a run out in the Coady role second half.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:44 pm 
First XI
First XI

Starting XI: Ruddy; Vallejo, Coady (c), Kilman; Adama, Moutino, MGW, Saiss, Vinagre; Neto, Cutrone

Subs: Patricio; Bennett; Jonny, Neves, Dendoncker, Jota, Jimenez

Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:49 pm 
First XI
First XI

3-0 thanks to Neto, MGW and Vinagre. Just hoping to avoid injuries at this point.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Comfortable from start to finish, and once the first goal went in the confidence started to flow. MGW looked a different player after his goal, Killman had a solid game. Vinagre MOM for me. The new boys fill me with confidence. Traore`s best performance in a Wolves shirt (alright you have to allow for the opposition). Unsung heroes Coady and Saiss. The substitutions had me puzzled but Nuno, as always, knows best. Oh, nearly forgot our little Napoleon in midfield Moutinho, 100%er every game.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Awful awful game especially first half with to many key ingredients missing. Second half whoever scored first would gain the confidence to run the game.

Far to much space for both sides to play unchallenged with so many passes played safe then safer still.

It opened out giving Traore the opportunity to show how in the right company, lower leagues he can be a flat track bully. But we already knew that.

Nuno wasn't best pleased second half and withdrew one because of show boating and playing to the crowd and another because he was blowing out his arse.
While MGW was given clear advise, do you want to be a professional footballer or a comedy tricks act. He listened.

We found a player though, Vallejo showed a focus a determination and good technical ability to make himself first team ready.

MOM Traore.

One to watch Jesus Vallejo.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:22 am 
Manager
Manager

MOM; Neto.

Thought the first half was a total non event, I almost fell asleep. Was not overly impressed with Vallejo, Kilman was out of his depth and treated the ball like a hot potato. To be fair those eleven starters had not played together as a unit before so I cut them some slack. Cutrone worked hard, Neto stood out for me and Vinagre was excellent too. The opposition spent most of the first half passing the ball sideways and backwards in their own penalty area, a most fear riddled way of playing, they should have exploited our back line's frailty in the first half. Torino up next and that will be our first major examination in Europe. The last goal by Jota was the high point of a" going through the motions" game.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:01 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

I normally find myself agreeing with the majority of KKs posts but I cannot disagree more on Vallejo. I watched him closely second half and thought the little amount of work he had to do, he didn’t do very well. His yellow in the first half was ridiculous but to try and hack an opponent down when in such an unthreatening area after giving the ball to him was purely idiotic. Another ref could have booked him again for that and all of a sudden we’re facing a whole half with a man disadvantage. I hope this was a rush of blood and doesn’t speak to his character but give me Ryan Bennett back immediately please.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:29 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I thought Neto offered really good value for money...……..

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

The proverbial game of two halves. 1st half very laborious, a classic 1st round League Cup tie effort we've witnessed so many times, but the 2nd half an enjoyable showcase for some players.

It's pointless trying to judge the newbies based on this level of opposition but it's always nice to see players break their scoring duck as it breeds confidence to shoot in future and we shoot far too infrequently.

In this respect it was disappointing Cutrone did not get on the scoresheet, though he was well involved through the game.

Vallejo was lucky not to see a 2nd yellow for his start to the 2nd half.

I was surprised we risked Jota and Jimenez with the tie dead, but we were treated to a lovely goal. Now rest up for a huge week to come.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:23 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

warn wrote:
Rozza wrote:

:lol: :lol:

You beat me to it.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:28 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Awful awful game especially first half with to many key ingredients missing. Second half whoever scored first would gain the confidence to run the game.

Far to much space for both sides to play unchallenged with so many passes played safe then safer still.

It opened out giving Traore the opportunity to show how in the right company, lower leagues he can be a flat track bully. But we already knew that.

Nuno wasn't best pleased second half and withdrew one because of show boating and playing to the crowd and another because he was blowing out his arse.
While MGW was given clear advise, do you want to be a professional footballer or a comedy tricks act. He listened.

We found a player though, Vallejo showed a focus a determination and good technical ability to make himself first team ready.

MOM Traore.

One to watch Jesus Vallejo.

Were you sat in the Wolves dugout then? Or is this what YOU think happened? Biggest showboating for me was Jiminez and Jota fot the last goal - and I loved it.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies