Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:10 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 4315
Location: London
knocker knowles wrote:
warn wrote:


The money Lazio receive from this deal enables them to sign the most promising Argentinian 18 year old striker out there.
If he subsequently rocks up at Wolves a couple of years down the line we better understand the process.

https://www.tugascout.com/other-news/20 ... es-at-work


We are going to need these two to contribute, I hope it isn't all a favour to Mendes (Fosun and related investors).

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:17 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24556
Location: Cannock.
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
warn wrote:


The money Lazio receive from this deal enables them to sign the most promising Argentinian 18 year old striker out there.
If he subsequently rocks up at Wolves a couple of years down the line we better understand the process.

https://www.tugascout.com/other-news/20 ... es-at-work


We are going to need these two to contribute, I hope it isn't all a favour to Mendes (Fosun and related investors).



Fosun inject the required money into the project to oil the flow of deals, its not about one deal, its about movement of players over a three to ten year time frame.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:24 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11754
knocker knowles wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
The money Lazio receive from this deal enables them to sign the most promising Argentinian 18 year old striker out there.
If he subsequently rocks up at Wolves a couple of years down the line we better understand the process.

https://www.tugascout.com/other-news/20 ... es-at-work


We are going to need these two to contribute, I hope it isn't all a favour to Mendes (Fosun and related investors).



Fosun inject the required money into the project to oil the flow of deals, its not about one deal, its about movement of players over a three to ten year time frame.


The problem is the best players out there on the market have other suitors and, in the modern game, all Wolves can do is meet their buyout clause to at least open up a line of communication. Until we truly establish ourselves, those players will more often than not say "no thanks" to us.

No player will sign for a club purely because of their agent's interests if they have more attractive destinations available.

These strange deals may grease the wheels a little, but the power ultimately lies with the player in the modern game.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:38 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34966
Location: S E London, near Kent
shropswolf wrote:

The problem is the best players out there on the market have other suitors and, in the modern game, all Wolves can do is meet their buyout clause to at least open up a line of communication. Until we truly establish ourselves, those players will more often than not say "no thanks" to us.

No player will sign for a club purely because of their agent's interests if they have more attractive destinations available.

These strange deals may grease the wheels a little, but the power ultimately lies with the player in the modern game.

As has happened here:
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/06/s ... vincing-j/

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:11 pm 
Offline
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:42 am
Posts: 419
We’ve signed players from AC Milan and Real Madrid so far with one of them taking some convincing. I’m sure the recruitment team are doing their best and if a player isn’t willing to buy into the project then you’ve got to ask what value he will ultimately have anyway.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:21 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24556
Location: Cannock.
Likely that Southampton want us to agree an obligation to buy on Lemina while Wolves would only want an option to buy.

Stick with the option, the lads a bit of a firebrand.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:18 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm
Posts: 8635
Danny Loader, would you be happy with him?

_________________
http://www.rugusavay.com/wp-content/upl ... otes-2.jpg


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:23 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm
Posts: 8635
Meritan Shabani, 20-year-old midfielder from Bayern also having a medical.
Happy?

_________________
http://www.rugusavay.com/wp-content/upl ... otes-2.jpg


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:34 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18523
warn wrote:
Meritan Shabani, 20-year-old midfielder from Bayern also having a medical.
Happy?


Shabba.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:02 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24556
Location: Cannock.
knocker knowles wrote:
There's nothing at Huddersfield at this time.

I was watching Reading vs Sheff Utd yesterday.

Reading had switched the youngster Danny Loader into the kind of position MGW played against Chelsea.
At 18 Loader looks some player with huge potential. Well worth scouting.



Well done Wolves.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm
Posts: 8635
knocker knowles wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
There's nothing at Huddersfield at this time.

I was watching Reading vs Sheff Utd yesterday.

Reading had switched the youngster Danny Loader into the kind of position MGW played against Chelsea.
At 18 Loader looks some player with huge potential. Well worth scouting.



Well done Wolves.


Unfortunately not ... Reading have pulled the plug. Loader devastated.

_________________
http://www.rugusavay.com/wp-content/upl ... otes-2.jpg


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:21 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 14666
Location: My mind's eye
7 out of 10 window for me, Vallejo and Cutrone give us some good options but only 1 of them is a permanent signing, disappointed we didn't get some legs in midfield and that Reading pulled a shady on the Loader deal, he would have been a good 4th choice forward. Squad overall still lacking in numbers for me

Really need Neto and Jordao to be better than I expect and this German kid Shabani if his signing is confirmed, would be nice if some of the other youth could step up as well, Perry and Sanderson seem to be liked by Nuno.

_________________
Say no to hoof!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:05 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11754
An "average" to "OK" window on paper.

Although we secured Jimenez and Dendoncker, we only have two potential upgrades on last season's side and we have little idea if either will thrive in England.

I expected us to try and push out the boat a little more to get a centre midfielder with more goal power and who can break into the opponent's box. With Neves, Moutinho, Donck and Saiss it isn't much of a goal threat or much pace in there. Over the course of 50 odd games, another option would have been good to have.

We need to make sure we don't get too ambitious with our targets in future and end up rarely adding any options as we just get turned down. The key is constant improvement to the matchday ranks.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:10 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21063
Location: Four Oaks
Rozza wrote:
warn wrote:
Meritan Shabani, 20-year-old midfielder from Bayern also having a medical.
Happy?


Shabba.


Top Rankine! Uncle of Danny Rose apparently - if you can believe Wiki.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:32 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24556
Location: Cannock.
I feel only four Premier league clubs have had a good or better transfer window, that Neymar transfer still effecting price, both fee and salary levels.

Those four.

Spurs.
Arsenal.
Man City.
West Ham.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:56 am 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9319
Location: The Cotswolds
warn wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
There's nothing at Huddersfield at this time.

I was watching Reading vs Sheff Utd yesterday.

Reading had switched the youngster Danny Loader into the kind of position MGW played against Chelsea.
At 18 Loader looks some player with huge potential. Well worth scouting.



Well done Wolves.


Unfortunately not ... Reading have pulled the plug. Loader devastated.


From all reports this is a big disappointment. The lad himself must be gutted. Agreed terms with Wolves, passed his medical, and then sent back to Reading because they demanded him back.

Hopefully, clubs will have noted Reading's willingness to 'do the dirty' and will exact retribution at some stage... but I doubt it! Will we try for the lad again in January, or refuse to have anything to do with Reading?

_________________
Prediction League Winner 2018-19
Prediction League Winner 2015-16


E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:44 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 4315
Location: London
Third highest net spend and strengthened in the areas I wanted us to. Only time will tell how successful our signings will be.

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:35 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24556
Location: Cannock.
What we will find out over the course of the first ten or so games is if we lack that player who can play between the lines in that position between midfield and striker.

It looks sometimes that Wolves are short of a pass as they progress over the half way line.

Sometimes this results in Wolves giving the ball away when a little care would enable better ball retention.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:22 am 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9319
Location: The Cotswolds
knocker knowles wrote:
What we will find out over the course of the first ten or so games is if we lack that player who can play between the lines in that position between midfield and striker.

It looks sometimes that Wolves are short of a pass as they progress over the half way line.

Sometimes this results in Wolves giving the ball away when a little care would enable better ball retention.


Coud Neto be the man??

_________________
Prediction League Winner 2018-19
Prediction League Winner 2015-16


E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:10 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24556
Location: Cannock.
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
What we will find out over the course of the first ten or so games is if we lack that player who can play between the lines in that position between midfield and striker.

It looks sometimes that Wolves are short of a pass as they progress over the half way line.

Sometimes this results in Wolves giving the ball away when a little care would enable better ball retention.


Coud Neto be the man??


There's certainly quite a few Wolves fans who are impressed with him, time will tell.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.