Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:20 am 
Manager
Manager

Back to the good stuff after one of those silly breaks, we miss it don't we.

Chelsea at home and they look weak.

Even so I expect a comfortable away victory due to Wolves inability to ask the correct questions of themselves.

A few crowd favourites would have to be dropped IMO to enable Wolves to get back on track.

Forecast, Wolves 0 Chelsea 3.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Wolves vs Chelsea
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:04 am 
Manager
Manager

Boly will be a big miss. Saiss will really struggle with their pace so hopefully Vallejo gets the nod on his favoured side. If Traore starts, rather than selecting our highly talented young WB, we will see Bennett pulled all over the place on that side of the defence. Not too optimistic but then NES has often pleasantly surprised me.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post subject: Re: Wolves vs Chelsea
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:20 am 
Manager
Manager

The loss of Boly is definitely a major problem, and I'm not sure Nuno will necessarily find the solution to compensate.

It's a shame we have this match right now as Chelsea look more than vulnerable, but we just don't look like winning PL matches at present. Our performances have got more ragged with every league game.

Personally, I was glad for the break and would have been happy for Wolves to have a month-long break and "reset" the season start.

They surprised me 2nd half last time we played Chelsea at home though, when we were on a lousy run and behind in the match, so let's see...

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:52 am 
Manager
Manager

A couple of players I would drop right away.

Adama Traore.

Joao Moutinho.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

Now our back line is missing Boly and also Doc still out, I think we'll get a beating tomorrow. Jonny to play right wing back, Vinagre left and Vallejo to take the Boly role for me.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:56 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Back to the good stuff after one of those silly breaks, we miss it don't we.

Chelsea at home and they look weak.

Even so I expect a comfortable away victory due to Wolves inability to ask the correct questions of themselves.

A few crowd favourites would have to be dropped IMO to enable Wolves to get back on track.

Forecast, Wolves 0 Chelsea 3.

If one of their better CBs had been fit to play in place of Zouma they would look a lot better.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

Painful viewing.

Without Boly's presence, the defence looks Championship level, God knows what Coady was doing on their 3rd. Neves completely and utterly anonymous again. Chelsea giving us a schooling on pass and move.

The lousy transfer window means we have almost no options to change poor situations around.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:52 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

It wor pretty. Chelsea will be top ten at best this season where does that leave us. I hope we as a club do not blame European 'success' on any potential downfalls. We have sufficient wherewithal to fund both campaigns.
How long will it take before the boos kicks in, and I ay talkin about beer an sniff.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

2nd half was better at least.

Bizarre line-up to take Bennett out and throw in Vallejo, who has shown no signs of being up to this standard, when the defence was already badly weakened without Boly. I did say I feared Nuno would find the right solutions to this. Coady was total slapstick throughout. Chelsea could very easy have scored 8 today and they've lost Hazard.

Noticeable for me was how much better the interlinking was without Traore but with Doherty there. I don't think this is all Traore's fault as our team seems to just give him the ball and then switch off and expect him to do it alone (and he did have one fantastic run but Jota bottled pulling the trigger), with Doherty there is much more sharpness from the surrounding players.

Cutrone with a positive impact and relieved to see him break his duck. Nuno should probably have let him start, with Jimenez having jetted around the world for his pointless friendlies.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Bennett is better than Jesus and Romain in that position for me

For Jesus read Roderick..not good enough

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:07 am 
Manager
Manager

My biggest concern and this dates back months is the lack of speed and willing within the front six to close the space or become compact without the ball.

To easy to play through and around.

The back three for the most part over the previous season have been the heroic stalwarts covering all manner of middle third of the pitch deficiencies.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:07 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Shrops wrote... "Noticeable for me was how much better the interlinking was without Traore but with Doherty there. I don't think this is all Traore's fault as our team seems to just give him the ball and then switch off and expect him to do it alone (and he did have one fantastic run but Jota bottled pulling the trigger), with Doherty there is much more sharpness from the surrounding players."

It occurred to me that they can't keep up with Traore and he ends up on his own, Doc not being so quick gives them a chance. :)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:29 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

wolfman169 wrote:
Shrops wrote... "Noticeable for me was how much better the interlinking was without Traore but with Doherty there. I don't think this is all Traore's fault as our team seems to just give him the ball and then switch off and expect him to do it alone (and he did have one fantastic run but Jota bottled pulling the trigger), with Doherty there is much more sharpness from the surrounding players."

It occurred to me that they can't keep up with Traore and he ends up on his own, Doc not being so quick gives them a chance. :)

There may be something in that as he often crosses to an empty box. :lol: Traore is an enigma and it is quite difficult to work out how to accommodate him in a team. His defensive awareness isn't good but if they can get the ball to him in the opponents half he frightens the opposition to death. He has looked threatening at times this season and it might be that his best role is as sub for half an hour when defenders are tiring.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat