Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: Quietly concerned
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:12 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

So, Cav has definitely gone, Vallejo is on his way, and Cutrone is going to Florence.

Add to this that Jota is injured and having a scan, and that MGW 'is now available....' and it is all looking decidedly light in the squad.

We have had the experience before of selling people BEFORE having their replacement signed & sealed if not delivered. Are we in danger of the same again?

I am still not convinced that Cav could not have at least been a reasonable back-up to Jota and Traore. And we now have absolutely NOONE as back-up to Jimenez. (Yes - Benny night have been ill last week v Man Utd, but does anyone think he looks remotely ready to stand-in for Raul for a few games if injured?)

AND biggest worry of all, is that if Nuno is not given the resources to strengthen what was ALREADY a small squad with a few gaps in terms of back-ups then will he say "I can't be expected to...." and start listening to offers...?

Or is the 'master plan' carefully shrouded in a deliberate fog by our owners, and 3 beautiful signings will emerge from the gloom?? As an optimist, I sincerely hope so!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Quietly concerned
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Nuno has so far been a man of his word. He said 'new blood' was coming. Now many things can happen in football, and the fair Wolverhampton is not on the top of everyone's list to come to and make it your home, thus some things might be 'sticking'. However, our management are no fools, and I for one share a cautious optimism, that things will move before February.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:24 am 
Manager
Manager

There's only a certain number of players that the select clubs can sign, they comes the likes of Wolves in the food chain.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

With the money from Cav and Cutrone I am confident we will pick up a couple.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

I fear the season may just ebb away.
But look at us, moaning about not making the top 6 in the premier league :D

Summer signings were poor, the transfer window is open but no ones told Kevin.
Players look jaded, there is little cover, in all positions and we never seem to start a game until 30 minutes have past..all very confusing

Post Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:26 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
I fear the season may just ebb away.
But look at us, moaning about not making the top 6 in the premier league :D

Summer signings were poor, the transfer window is open but no ones told Kevin.
Players look jaded, there is little cover, in all positions and we never seem to start a game until 30 minutes have past..all very confusing

All true Cannock but don't our expectations change quickly. What would we have given for this before Nuno arrived? It was telling how much Newcastle celebrated getting a draw at Molineux.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:22 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

We need at least three more quality players to ensure we get to the next level...…...

Post Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
We need at least three more quality players to ensure we get to the next level...…...

And at least two to keep us at the level we were last season. A lot of the players look tired plus it`s not healthy to have a first eleven with no competition for places.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:15 pm 

And I fear it is all extremely quiet....

Is Nuno getting the support he wants? He seems to be saying MUCH more this window about our 'need' to get players in - 'the right players' - but players!

My fear has always been that if he is NOT supported by the Board, he will be off in the summer and we will be heading to ... where exactly? (Will Dean Smith be available by then... :wink: ?

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

It is strange that the club is letting players go in areas where we needed either more depth, cover or challenge to existing first-team players.

To me, this means that the club must have certain guarantees already in place for quality loan signings should their preferred transfer targets not come about.

I cannot see us selling our best when the owners have made it clear that they are building something special at Molineux. If quality players do leave then I cannot see it being to clubs around us in the league. If top players did go it would be to top clubs in European leagues.

As it stands, Wolves are a good option for a young player with bags of talent who could find themselves playing in the Champions League if the rest of our year goes well or if we win the Europa Cup. Not to mention the possibility of playing in the Europa Cup again next season.

Time will tell how this January goes, but I think we can expect to be one of the more dynamic clubs this window in the Premiership.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Wolfhawk wrote:
It is strange that the club is letting players go in areas where we needed either more depth, cover or challenge to existing first-team players.

To me, this means that the club must have certain guarantees already in place for quality loan signings should their preferred transfer targets not come about.

Well, Cutrone and the work experience kid are the only players who have left and neither were good enough for Nuno, hence not getting any game time.

The club has just got them away from the squad to save wasting money on players who have no future with us.

I don't think we have anything lined up whatsoever and from the sounds of Nuno's press conference today, it is proving quite a challenge to bring in the quality he wants.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

If Thelwell follows his own system we could see the French under 21 captain rocking up at Compton.

Made available at 25 million with German clubs having deep thoughts regards paying that price.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:32 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Anybody else looking at the sports pages and wolves site daily in the hope of some transfer news - only to leave disappointed - looks like it is a tougher call than I first thought, to find additions of similar or better calibre than we have, and who want to come to Wolvo, even if they are top 6 or better in the Prem.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat