Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: Adama Traore
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:30 am 
Manager
Manager

Another player who is marmite to Wolves fans, though he appears to be winning a few floaters over.

Myself, I wouldn't have his type anywhere near the first team squad if I was coaching it. He would bugger up so many sessions.

As a firm believer in the team ethic with ALL players having to think position relative to others before self I just cant see how he can fit in.

When attacking your looking for positional width and depth from which to build the play with each player able to read the ongoing play.
From that you look to develop your attacking combination play, with the player on the ball having moving passing options.
All players on the same wave length, all clever enough to alter or hold their position in the moment.

This is my problem, am I wrong to dismiss Adama Traore?

Is the way I would want to play less effective than whats currently being developed?

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Adama Traore
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:18 am 
Manager
Manager

Odd signing in that he doesn't fit our style of play, no one else was interested and that we way overpaid.

We just need a higher standard, highlights our failure to fully strengthen in the summer. Hope Neto continues to impress otherwise we just look short. Not sure why Vinagre isn't getting more game time either.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:03 am 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

He’s not won me over but he’s doing a good job of stopping me complaining when I see his name on the team sheet lately.

Seeing his performances this year compared to 12 months ago are night and day in difference. I’ll equally attribute this to excellent coaching and development on his part. It also helps that he has a sideline to play from now, in space his decisions are far too slow but give him the ball and a man to run at and he is making things happen. If we switch back to 5-2-3 then he doesnt have a place but his ability to unlock a stubborn defence is something we may need from time to time.

Given his age and recent development, I have no problems having him in and around the squad. He wouldn’t make my first choice XI but he’d be a great plan B option from the bench.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:40 pm 
First XI
First XI

I think if his passing is on, he's fine to have in the starting lineup. But if he's not able to put in some dangerous crosses or find open men, he stagnates the attack. He's insanely skilled. He pulls defenders toward him, whether it ends up successful in the end or not. So if he can get a good cross off or find an open runner, it looks great. If he botches it and settles for a bad cross or terrible shot, it looks awful. I think he's a feast or famine player. I prefer to have him come off the bench when we are looking to kill a game or when you're down and nothing else is really working. When you start him, you have to be prepared for everything else to look a little disjointed.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:20 am 
Manager
Manager

He's better now than at this stage last season, a full pre-season has helped there - but he is still a long way off from being a regular starter for me, but a great option to run at tired defenders midway through the second half of games if we are needing another plan during a game, supersub. His main strength is obviously his electric pace, we need to use it as and when we can.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:12 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Probably been our best player this season, which is at odds with my opinions of him as a footballer and he wouldn't be in my team. As a unit I don't think we are anywhere near as good as we were last season, but as an individual Traore is doing much better whilst others are doing worse.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:09 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Good meme going round of Traore emptying his back pocket after the city game and amongst his car keys and wallet was Raheem Sterling.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:09 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:
Good meme going round of Traore emptying his back pocket after the city game and amongst his car keys and wallet was Raheem Sterling.

I did love the bit which they highlighted on MOTD when Sterling pushed the ball past and tried to outpace him - FAIL.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:42 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Wonder if KK's original post he still stands by? Nuno had faith his coaching could turn potential into performances.

I think Adama answered his critics on Sunday. Will critics be bold enough to admit they know less than Nuno?

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:33 pm 
YTS

Adama’s brother and friends were stood next to me in the middle tier . Seeing him singing “Adama Traore” at the top of his voice at the end was amazing. I told them to come every week.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

shadmaxbob wrote:
Adama’s brother and friends were stood next to me in the middle tier . Seeing him singing “Adama Traore” at the top of his voice at the end was amazing. I told them to come every week.

Wonderful stuff.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:26 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
shadmaxbob wrote:

Wonderful stuff.

He does seem a lovely lad, Nuno was quick to embrace him at the final whistle.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:35 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Very good article by Rupert Murdoch's puppets and some very insightful comments on Adama. Interesting read.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51459137

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:04 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:
Very good article by Rupert Murdoch's puppets and some very insightful comments on Adama. Interesting read.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51459137

Nice article and the bit I like best is this:

"Speak to anyone at the club and they will wax lyrical about a humble, quiet, kind and remarkably mature 24-year-old, devoted to his family and faith, whose size belies his softly spoken manner."

That is the impression I formed when I met him.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:28 am 
Manager
Manager

I thought Doherty found his freedom without having Traore as a block on his space vs Leicester.

Yet time spent filling a defensive hole in previous games had left a mental mark which prevented Matt from finding his full creative self.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:03 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I thought Doherty found his freedom without having Traore as a block on his space vs Leicester.

Yet time spent filling a defensive hole in previous games had left a mental mark which prevented Matt from finding his full creative self.

Came alive after Traore went off, think his form has suffered because of this all season.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:53 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I agree that last night the team and Doherty looked better after Traore went off. On the other hand, against Leicester, we looked much better and more dangerous after Traore came on. Doherty has had to adjust his game a bit to accommodate Traore but overall I think the latter has provided much more that is positive than negative throughout the season.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat