Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:33 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Another week another non Saturday game. I understand that Newcastle have 6 doubts but bearing in mind the lesson Shaktar gave Real with 13 missing there's no cause for complacency. I would like to see us go for it a bit more. Maybe Marcal at left wing back and a chance for Vitinho in the middle - although I think it's unlikely. Let's hope we can make it 3 in a row and be up amongst the top 6.

Come on you Wolves.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:36 am 
Manager
Manager

Way ay man. Won't be easy as we do not seem to play well at home against them in recent seasons when we have met. I will be happy to get a win not too worried how we achieve it. We could have been going into this game without Jimenez, who should have been red carded late on at Leeds. Worried about St Maximilian who is the Geordie version of Traore. Let's see what transpires this afternoon.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Way ay man. Won't be easy as we do not seem to play well at home against them in recent seasons when we have met. I will be happy to get a win not too worried how we achieve it. We could have been going into this game without Jimenez, who should have been red carded late on at Leeds. Worried about St Maximilian who is the Geordie version of Traore. Let's see what transpires this afternoon.

If after playing like shite we do get a win then of course I’ll be relieved, it’ll still take more time for the newbies to settle. However, it’s about time that we started to play some convincing football; we did versus Blades and improved in the second half v City but we haven’t shone like gold since.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

I have an uneasy feeling about this one, which probably means we`ll record our highest score in years.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rui

Boly
Coady
Kilman

Saiss
Donk
Neves
Semedo

Neto
Jimenez
Podence.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

A team we very rarely beat at home away for some reason. I can see their attacking players posing us problems this afternoon, hopefully we can do likewise. It would be nice to see us actually perform in a convincing manner over 90 minutes for once.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

A draw, today.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Same old, same old so far.

No runs from midfield to surprise their defence, so the end effect is just Jimenez in the box and easily outnumbered. For all the nice touches from Neto and Podence, the end goal threat has been very minimal. Saiss at LWB is problematic in a game in which we have more possession. Surely the youngster from France should be getting a chance today.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

Lets hope we have a same old same old second half and score a goal.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:54 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Damn - another innocuous challenge in a very dangerous area, and 2 points gone - I guess a refs decision is rarely rescinded, but if Coady felt he hadn't fouled Wilson he should have objected more - we just seemed to accept it. And if he did deliberately foul him on the edge of the area in the last 4 minutes, he wants a gd smack from Nuno. And as to the position of the wall - charitable to suggest we had fallen asleep after Newcastle's attacking ambitions for 86 minutes.

Plus side, another grt Jiminez goal, Neto and Podence coming along nicely as Jota replacements.

Downside, need to sell Traore fast to a wealthy club, as defenders beginning to nullify even his late impact.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

Didn't deserve 3 points, their keeper had to do too little. Patricio equally, but both had soft wrists when it counted so a draw was fair.

Once again we were just reliant on Jimenez to pull something out of the fire. The inability to calmly see out matches against teams of that standard is truly incredible. Why can we never see another player score a 2nd goal?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:33 pm 
First XI
First XI

Early days but it looks like our transfer window policy of buying for the future is adversely affecting the here and now. We have no speed, urgency or trickery in midfield. No goalscorer to supplement Raul. Traore is playing absolute crap, lord knows why. Stop playing Saiss at Wing-Back, put one of our natural players in that position. We'll be lucky to finish mid-table if we can't introduce more flair and goals into our play. We are organised and fairly difficult to beat but we need to be better than we are. Training together more needs to be the solution or we're stuck in a rut.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

I thought that we upped our game and played with more urgency than usual but Toon came to defend and to hurt us on the break. We were by far the better side although they defended resolutely and they didn’t look like scoring although they did have one dangerous shot which Rui covered. This was the type of game which we’d have lost in our first season so a point (although disappointing to lose the two at the end) will have to do.

It was a very soft free kick which shouldn’t have been given and the wall was set up incorrectly but let’s be stoical.

Shit happens (yep, two of our subs were poor) but let’s move on and fuck all the moaners on Molineux Shite - it’s obvious what they’ll be complaining about so there’s no need to go on there.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Shooting practice needed next week. Positives? Killman had a good game, very promising....er, that`s about it.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
Shooting practice needed next week. Positives? Killman had a good game, very promising....er, that`s about it.

That’s summat that seems to have been off the training agenda for many a year!

In all honesty, I thought Podence and Neto both looked lively and will stand us in good stead in time. How much time, though, remains to be seen.

Semedo also had his best game for us.

Perhaps Ferreira (also aka Vitinha...and I think he has a third name which makes it difficult to remember who he is) could be a box to box player which is what we lack in midfield. Neves was fine tonight, Donk has had a good record in previous games but Moutinho has underperformed in recent games. Keeping them all happy will be the kind of worry ahich Nuno has previously said he didn’t want to have.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:28 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I think we did deserve to win the game after being dominant for most of it. But our dominance didn't translate into scoring opportunities. I know Nuno is primarily a defensive minded coach but we are just not getting enough players into attacking positions to cause a threat. The goal today came from a set piece, which is about the only time we get numbers forward. We wouldn't have scored in open play if we'd played until Christmas.

The goal we let in was poor, but I think we can cut Rui a bit of slack as he's been generally excellent.

I wouldn't mind a bet that there are less goals in games involving Wolves than any other team this season.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:52 am 
YTS

We certainly had enough possession near their box to win the game but just weren’t clinical.

I thought Jimenez was actually the weakest of the front three. Did a lot of work coming deep and going wide, but surely we need him to stay higher to give us a forward option? Also quite selfish; should have rolled Podence in early on instead of blazing high and wide. However, he is the obvious fulcrum so inevitably it is one of Podence or Neto that comes off. Neither deserved subbed yesterday though as both played well.

Newcastle sat so deep that when Traore came on he was receiving the ball very high up the pitch without much room to run into. He always looks better slaloming past players from a bit deeper or when running towards space. Yesterday I think he should have come on at RWB.

I love Nuno but he is so risk averse. Saiss shouldn’t have started that game and Marcal was only a limited improvement going forward. Surely Alt-Nouri should have been given his debut. Given the way the game was going I’d have actually switched Semedo to the left and put Traore on at RWB.

I’d also love to see Vitinha given a chance beside Neves, even if only as a sub. The Donk seems undroppable at the moment, which limits Vitinha’s chances given Moutinho and Neves. Maybe Donk, Coady and Boly at the back? Kilman doing well though.

Anyway, it’s two points dropped but far from a crisis. Plenty of options in the squad and nine times out of ten yesterday’s result would have been different with our performance and that set up.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

I was better pleased than Monday with our overall play but we do lack a creative and dangerous number ten like Maddison at Leicester. Midfield is offering nothing going forward so far this season, which is bad for the front three. 3-4-3 is not working for us, so I would revert to 3-5-2. Put Saiss into midfield with the Donk and push Neves up behind Jimenez.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
Early days but it looks like our transfer window policy of buying for the future is adversely affecting the here and now. We have no speed, urgency or trickery in midfield. No goalscorer to supplement Raul. Traore is playing absolute crap, lord knows why. Stop playing Saiss at Wing-Back, put one of our natural players in that position. We'll be lucky to finish mid-table if we can't introduce more flair and goals into our play. We are organised and fairly difficult to beat but we need to be better than we are. Training together more needs to be the solution or we're stuck in a rut.

Shall I give you a clue :lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

Traore being linked with Man City, Liverpool and Barcelona is probably affecting his mind and for me, he has to play alongside Jiminez because playing him wide right leaves the opposition defenders knowing he'll skin them to the byline but they will be able to block his attempted crosses., far too predictable. Get him running full pelt through the middle and with him doing that and Jimenez hovering near him, we would be more potent. Playing Neto and Podenece together is not having much success, just use one. In the two wins against Man City last season, Jimenez and Traore caused havoc, let's try it again please..

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies