Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: Mendes and Nuno WTF?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:27 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Probably get shouted down for believing D Mail click bait stories, but if to be believed, Mendes has been looking for Nunos next home, and was looking at Arsenal. Coupled with the 33m for flossy hair, and I am beginning to wonder on whose side Mendes is on.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Mendes and Nuno WTF?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

It's all across most papers today, it does make you wonder but I suppose that after the great success that Nuno has achieved so far, he will inevitably be linked to higher echelons either here or abroad. If Arsenal approached Mendes, fair enough but not the other way round please. With Fosun having shares in Gestifute, I am sure they won't be amused at all.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

I can fully understand the greedy permatanned one looking to keep his merry-go-round moving, and his clients on it, but I cannot believe that he'd try and pull this stunt without being given the go-ahead by Jeff Shi. If nothing else, a new coaching team would already need to be waiting in the wings, so either this is hogwash or Jeff is having his pants pulled down.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:38 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
I can fully understand the greedy permatanned one looking to keep his merry-go-round moving, and his clients on it, but I cannot believe that he'd try and pull this stunt without being given the go-ahead by Jeff Shi. If nothing else, a new coaching team would already need to be waiting in the wings, so either this is hogwash or Jeff is having his pants pulled down.

Jeff is the figure head of Fosun. Fosun a group who will not take lightly to any 'agent' taking the piss. It's either fake news, or the group and Mendes have/always had, a cunning plan.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:41 pm 
First XI
First XI

Embers wrote:

It's hogwash.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

TStarr wrote:
Probably get shouted down for believing D Mail click bait stories, but if to be believed, Mendes has been looking for Nunos next home, and was looking at Arsenal. Coupled with the 33m for flossy hair, and I am beginning to wonder on whose side Mendes is on.

The word on Facebook by someone who moderates a site and who’s sensibly up with matters Wolves said it resulted because of something dragged up on Twitter on Spiers’ page which dated back to the first lockdown about Nuno’s concern about the effects of it all on the club and football in general. It got re-hashed with bits added abroad and then came back to do the rounds which enabled column inches to be filled and the usual nonsense to talked about on Talk Shite.

As Jeff said at the start of the season, about 2% of the rumours about the club in the close season had any accuracy. It’s all nonsense.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fosun seem to be sitting on their hands ; beginning to think Shi is clueless.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

Low Hill Born wrote:
Fosun seem to be sitting on their hands ; beginning to think Shi is clueless.

They don't understand football, it is not a 'business', hence the reliance on Mendes and Mendes only cares about No.1. The structure at the club is odd to say the least, but football is volatile and things can change quickly. If you sit on your hands in this league, you go down.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

January windows are cagey affairs aren’t they.. I can’t imagine us saying were going to splash the cash at a time when signings come at a premium.

I think we will probably still bring someone in up front.. but who really knows how challenging this is with the current Covid regulations.

Switching back to 5 at the back and keeping things tight for the first 15mims of both halves should be our first point of focus. If we get a forward in, great.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat