Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
West Brom yet again responsible for one of the lowest points in my Wolves supporting life. I feel just devestated.

The sad thing is that most of these lows are as much self-inflicted as anything they do. We gifted them THREE goals today by our pathetic defensive display.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:15 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Whodathought it? We score 2 against these and still lose. Cutrone missed a good chance as well so no answers there. We still had the like of Neto and traore putting loads of balls in but we just don't look dangerous without Jiminez.

At the back there has been too much chopping and changing and we are not solid down the sides with Semedo there and Saiss out of position or Ait Nouri charging forward.

Positives? The lad scored a decent goal (although he missed a couple of other chances)

Make no mistake, we are about to join the relegation dog fight and it's difficult to see how we will turn it around with what we've got available.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

The day we joined the relegation candidates. I know we have had a lengthy injury list but today was the lowest point here since February 2012 when we lost 1-5 to this mob. Has Nuno finally lost the plot..?? Taking Coady and Neves off..?? I thought it odd and out of character when he blew his top recently at Lee Mason up at Burnley, he goes on a lot about the pandemic and families etc, has this all got to him..?? Is this just a bad run that all clubs experience at some stage or are there bigger issues at the club behind the scenes..?? Something is not right at the club at present and hopefully we may find out soon enough after this shambolic result and recent below par form.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Time to go shopping Nuno. Bet Chorley are shaking in their boots.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:34 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

My biggest shit gripper of a very bad day was Nuno taking off Coady for personal reasons. Whether Coady thinks he is bigger than Nuno or Nuno was smacking Coady's arse, it matters not, it was daft, unprofessional, personal bollocks. It aint the first time Coady has given away a ridiculous penalty leaving a foot in.

Coupled with my personal hatred of our continual negative and neutral shite of passing the ball backwards and sidewards for no other apparent reasons than a possession stat in our own half

The plot has been lost and its now time for the Wolves as a club and a business to stand up at management and investment levels because the fans have no say.

I hope the ref crashed his car on the way home, but blaming referees for your own inadequacies is pointless and childish, just like our performance.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

We had Boly back, on top of Traore, Donk and Neto starting, Albion are struggling then had more key players out. Before the kick-off, with this news I felt buoyant and felt it would be a good game for us. How wrong could I be. For the first time this season, Albion were made to look a half decent team. Boly's challenge was stupid, yet he then he did a lovely back heel assist for the equaliser, then put us ahead, surely the sign of things to come? Oh no, in the second half we contrived for yet more dog shit defending, then pootled around looking for an equaliser, thinking that we had all afternoon to find it.

In summary, no urgency or aggression from anyone in a Wolves shirt, starting with the Coach, and this performance and result was down to him. At half time, we needed to go up a gear and make the kill, instead we did nothing...

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:57 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Says a lot about Cutrone that he was the last sub even when we were desperate for an equaliser

To a fair extent this comes down to bad decisions in the summer. Leaving ourselves in a position in which the only alternative to Raul is an untried 18 year old was crazy. Having played 3 years more or less non stop it was always likely Raul would miss games through injury at some point although v unlucky at what actually happened. Traore and Neto can create for even a lesser striker but the decision not to get one looks like a disaster .

A cup run would be good so at least we have got that to look forward to- we will be not far off the quarter finals after Friday!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:44 pm 
First XI
First XI

shropswolf wrote:
West Brom yet again responsible for one of the lowest points in my Wolves supporting life. I feel just devestated.

The sad thing is that most of these lows are as much self-inflicted as anything they do. We gifted them THREE goals today by our pathetic defensive display.

Absolutely. If any Prem side were soft enough to gift us two penalties then even we might be able to rack up 3 goals.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:47 pm 
First XI
First XI

gladbachwolf wrote:
The day we joined the relegation candidates. I know we have had a lengthy injury list but today was the lowest point here since February 2012 when we lost 1-5 to this mob. Has Nuno finally lost the plot..?? Taking Coady and Neves off..?? I thought it odd and out of character when he blew his top recently at Lee Mason up at Burnley, he goes on a lot about the pandemic and families etc, has this all got to him..?? Is this just a bad run that all clubs experience at some stage or are there bigger issues at the club behind the scenes..?? Something is not right at the club at present and hopefully we may find out soon enough after this shambolic result and recent below par form.

Agree summat is up. Summat big I reckon. I hope it's sorted before we face the mighty Chorley. Lose that and...................

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:

Absolutely. If any Prem side were soft enough to gift us two penalties then even we might be able to rack up 3 goals.

And that goal from the throw in should have been cancelled because their player was all over Neves. If that had been Liverpool instead of us (or the dreaded Yanited) then there would have been a foul given of that I’m sure - absolutely sure.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:02 am 
Manager
Manager

Despite how poor we were on Saturday, I have been wondering how much influence / effect that Nuno's rant at Lee Mason the other week, has had on all referees and VAR officials since that incident. Refs all stick together and we may be getting bugger all off them nowadays as a result ...

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Despite how poor we were on Saturday, I have been wondering how much influence / effect that Nuno's rant at Lee Mason the other week, has had on all referees and VAR officials since that incident. Refs all stick together and we may be getting bugger all off them nowadays as a result ...

A significant one, I’d have thought.

They are mutual backscratchers and word has it that it won’t be the first time this kind ofthing has happened.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies