Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

The way the club has regressed this season, most notably on the pitch, is alarming, but do FOSUN understand that it's about winning football matches and not losing them? I suspect that they don't really care too much as it's more about profit margins for them, and Doherty jumping ship to Gestifute as part of the Sperz move, so that FOSUN-Gestifute can skim the deal, typifies the cynical business arrangement they have.

This has been compounded this season starting with the atrocious Summer transfer dealings, selling two of our most influential players to teams in the same League and not replacing them with good or better players. The £70m blown on Silva and Semedo stinks, surely Jeff Shi isn't being hoodwinked by Mendes so easily? Either way, shocking business, and they dare not turn round and blame FFP or say there is no more money in the budget due to this balls-up. I also don't understand why the club haven't used the current pandemic as an ideal opportunity to knock the Steve Bull stand down and build a new stand? Again, something not right there...

The season has been awful on the pitch, we've gone from being a team so many pundits and ex-players purred about, to being the dullest team in the division, who create very little and score even less. We have already lost TEN league games and there are still 15 to play, so the final tally could be on for 16 or 17 defeats. Nuno is part of the gang-of-three along with Mendes and Shi, so he must have some input in to transfer dealings, as I don't see him as a yes man. Either way, the squad needs to be strengthened significantly in the Summer or we'll be in for an even worse season next time. If they continue to flood the club with ones for the future, then our future will not be in the Premier League.

I wonder if a Fan's Parliament will be held at the end of the season, as Mr Shi as the man at the top, must explain what the Club's plans are, starting with the transfer 'policy'.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:50 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Well reasoned semi rant there Embers, totally agree with the content.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

I reckon that Shi has taken over control of transfers and Nuno does not like that. Silva and Semedo were foisted upon him by Shi and Mendes. I think that Nuno might depart at the season's end..

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

We have no idea what the hell is going on.
Shi (t) needs to get a feckin grip. If there is no real investment in the summer we're doomed , doomed i tell thee. The Mendes involvement gave us access to some outstanding young talent , it now just seems like the Mol is being used to wash a load of dirty money.
See that fop haired youth who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo and looks like he runs through custard...that's you that is.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Jeff took on Dalrymple’s role as CEO when he left (and I wonder why he REALLY left). Then he took on Thelwell’s role as director of football (with Mendes as his sidekick) knowing sod all about the job. He sees that the shit is hitting the fan(s) and decides to employ a lap-dog from the U23s (hired on the cheap) to do that role so he now has a patsy to blame when the shit hits the fan(s) again.

It ain’t Silva’s fault, to some extent it’s Nuno’s fault but most of all, imho, it’s Jeff’s fault - he’s out of his depth. He has failed to plan so he’s ended up planning to fail.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was recalled to China if things get any worse.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

I suspect that things will come to a head quite quickly at the end of the season. With the points we have in the bag we should accrue enough from the final 15 fixtures to retain Premier League status. Then it will get interesting. The Project is heading for the rocks due to the structure of the club, or lack of, and matters have turned in to a tail-spin ever since we sold Jota and Doherty. In the Summer, either the club reinvest significantly to get us moving forward again, or I suspect Nuno will walk. I just hope things don't get to the stage where some berk slings paint over his car, because the football he is orchestrating at present, is reminiscent of the Dulle Dullfucker years/6 months. Wolves ay we...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:30 am 
Manager
Manager

Nuno was/is the best manager I have seen at our historic club for many a year, but I suppose in a lot of ways he is an upgraded version, but not a world beating version of Colin, Big Sam, or dare I say Mick.

What you see is what you get. Our Spanish and Pork and Cheese friends told us he was defensive, organised, but ultimately was sacked for one dimensional football. He took over a pretty piss poor team. Made them sound at the back, and using his proven tactic of defence first, counter attack second, marched us to the promised land. Sadly, the promised land is full of clever fuckers, who will always work out a one dimensional team, specially one that sells its goal scorers and providers, and loses the ones it keeps through injury.

What is happening now, is Nuno is being asked to do something he has never done before, namely change his style, and adapt. Can he do it? The Iberian Peninsular didn't think so, we'll have to see.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:16 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Nuno was/is the best manager I have seen at our historic club for many a year, but I suppose in a lot of ways he is an upgraded version, but not a world beating version of Colin, Big Sam, or dare I say Mick.

What you see is what you get. Our Spanish and Pork and Cheese friends told us he was defensive, organised, but ultimately was sacked for one dimensional football. He took over a pretty piss poor team. Made them sound at the back, and using his proven tactic of defence first, counter attack second, marched us to the promised land. Sadly, the promised land is full of clever fuckers, who will always work out a one dimensional team, specially one that sells its goal scorers and providers, and loses the ones it keeps through injury.

What is happening now, is Nuno is being asked to do something he has never done before, namely change his style, and adapt. Can he do it? The Iberian Peninsular didn't think so, we'll have to see.

:clap2 :smt023

Rather rude reference about our Portugueezers though.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:19 am 
Manager
Manager

A very good post that, Suiging...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

History suggests it's a no no to Nuno and Bad Manners to shout Neeneenananananoonoo

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:

Pork and Cheese :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:45 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:

Pork and Cheese :lol:

On a par with sweaty socks! 8)

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fair play to Nuno. Plan A failing miserably, so he turned it around. Can't ask for more than that.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Fair play to Nuno. Plan A failing miserably, so he turned it around. Can't ask for more than that.

What was Plan A? :shock:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:45 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:

What was plan B?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:

Plan A was more of the same and the outcome was the same but more of it.

Plan B hinged on the ref giving us a penalty but not one to Southampton which caused their wheels to fall off.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:40 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:

Plan A was more of the same and the outcome was the same but more of it.

Plan B hinged on the ref giving us a penalty but not one to Southampton which caused their wheels to fall off.

We certainly got the luck with those decisions but the change meant we were causing more trouble in the middle area as opposed to being pushed out on the wings. Traore actually stayed inside most of the time in the second half.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:

We certainly got the luck with those decisions but the change meant we were causing more trouble in the middle area as opposed to being pushed out on the wings. Traore actually stayed inside most of the time in the second half.

Surely Nuno can’t play Traore and Semedo as a partnership any more. Defensively they are a complete liability. Switching Neto and him over to the other side was a very astute move.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:34 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Left back wrote:

Plan B
Surely Nuno can’t play Traore and Semedo as a partnership any more. Defensively they are a complete liability. Switching Neto and him over to the other side was a very astute move.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

I can`t see Nuno changing his system. I don`t know if it`s stubbornness or if he just hasn`t a clue what to do. He doesn`t seem to see or has decided to ignore obvious things. It`s plain to see Semedo and Traore on the same side does not work. Mouthino and Neves together in midfield and lying too deep doesn`t work. He`s tried a back four with players that just aren`t good enough doesn`t work although, I don`t know if he`s ditched this system now. Ultimately, not having the fans in the ground has had a big influence on the Club, giving them so much slack to let us drift into this position. Then again, we`re only 10 points off a top six place. Crazy season, let`s get to the end of it, regroup, get the fans back. Tay like me to be a happy clapper.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
I can`t see Nuno changing his system. I don`t know if it`s stubbornness or if he just hasn`t a clue what to do. He doesn`t seem to see or has decided to ignore obvious things. It`s plain to see Semedo and Traore on the same side does not work. Mouthino and Neves together in midfield and lying too deep doesn`t work. He`s tried a back four with players that just aren`t good enough doesn`t work although, I don`t know if he`s ditched this system now. Ultimately, not having the fans in the ground has had a big influence on the Club, giving them so much slack to let us drift into this position. Then again, we`re only 10 points off a top six place. Crazy season, let`s get to the end of it, regroup, get the fans back. Tay like me to be a happy clapper.

Arguably the biggest issues lies with the tempo of our play, and this is down to Nuno's defensive instincts, and having a platform to build on, i.e. 0-0 at Half-time. When we do release the hand-brake the opposition start to panic and resort to chopping down Traore. If only we played more boldly more often, we may have less to worry about. But yes, let's see the back of this season and hope to get folk back down The Mol next season, as Nuno needs the fans as much as the team.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:58 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Embers wrote:
desiwulf wrote:

Arguably the biggest issues lies with the tempo of our play, and this is down to Nuno's defensive instincts, and having a platform to build on, i.e. 0-0 at Half-time. When we do release the hand-brake the opposition start to panic and resort to chopping down Traore. If only we played more boldly more often, we may have less to worry about. But yes, let's see the back of this season and hope to get folk back down The Mol next season, as Nuno needs the fans as much as the team.

I posted this in April 2018 in response to Mr Monk's tomfuckery ....

You started the thread to get some day ya, what do you want, a vase of flowers? Why do you think the football manager aside was meant for you?

Mr Back summed up a response perfectly, now Nuno , sorry, senor Pantaloon is now realised, having a super agent channelling talent into the club and Chinese billionaires channelling cash, enthusiasm and the allure of global promise to potential recruits cannot be underestimated, and indeed should not.

Giving Nuno the credit for where Wolves are now is a very narrow view in my humble opinion.

Nuno's style of football this season has been both refreshing and inspiring, however, some of us know that his tenure depends on consistent success. His downfall for me if it comes, will be his shining light of this season and that is tempo.
I have watched Wolves live about 5 times this season and about 5 times on the box, the overriding thing in their style of play is that their tempo does not change from the first minute to the last regardless of the state of play/scoreline.
That is ok when you are riding the crest of a wave but when you are losing 0-1 to Bournemouth and its the 88th minute and the team is passing the ball around in their own half some fans are going to get very irritated very quickly, and thus ones tactical genius becomes, fuck me this phrase sticks in my throat even writing it, "Tactically Naive" :roll: .
Look at Tuesday, Boly's ball by passed our midfield and forwards to a forward who could see that run first, direct football one might say?
The second goal, a shot from outside the box, direct football?, some may say that shooting from outside the box is the last refuge of a clueless team but fuck my old boots it doe arf work sometimes.

Adapting ones style of play to suit the opposition and to gain a positive result to me, is far better than playing pointless tippetty tappety to please yow, innit.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:12 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Small point on Embers original post but the emergence of Podence and Neto surely justified the selling of Jota.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:24 am 
Manager
Manager

wolfman169 wrote:
Small point on Embers original post but the emergence of Podence and Neto surely justified the selling of Jota.

Absolutely. There was a lot of chat on Molineux Shite about Jota being the weakest link as well.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
wolfman169 wrote:

Absolutely. There was a lot of chat on Molineux Shite about Jota being the weakest link as well.

Jota scored goals, and the win at Sperz last season encapsulated up our attacking threat, in Doherty, Jota and Jiminez... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diA8W0NoWZs&feature=onebox

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
wolfman169 wrote:

Jota scored goals, and the win at Sperz last season encapsulated up our attacking threat, in Doherty, Jota and Jiminez... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diA8W0NoWZs&feature=onebox

Fabulous memory, Dave. My Spurs pal gave me his season ticket because he’d booked a walking holiday with a group of pals; I texted him at half time to give honest (and disconsolate) feedback and couldn’t believe the second half transition. The fans all around me left early! :lol: As they did at Wembley the previous season. :lol: :lol:

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat