Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:34 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

So crunch time is coming. A run of matches against bottom 6 clubs - have we got what it takes to win a couple. Starting with Fulham who I believe have generally played better than their results suggest - just that scoring is a problem but with Mitrovic suddenly coming back to form that might be solved!! Ive said before we need to play positive and go out to get them but it seems we did that last match with dire consequences as we had no defensive stability whatsoever. I think I would like to see Hoever instead of Semedo and maybe it's time Kilman had another go (did he upset Nuno or something?) I have read a lot that wolves are pretty safe and won't go down but my eyes coupled with my own pessimism tell me they could easily fail to win again this season and, if we don't get to 40 points, we could be in big trouble.

Important that we at least get something from it so that Fulham can't close to 6 points. I live in hope.

Come on you Wolves.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

It doesn’t have to be seen as a “must win” game but to me it is.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

Push the panic button and go back to a back 3. We do not have the quality to play with 2 centre backs, especially without Boly.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:34 am 
Manager
Manager

A win would calm everything down, a draw is the minimum requirement though. Being Wolves, we all know we will go behind as the defence invites another opponent through.

We seem to have settled back into McCarthy's plucky losers football and it will probably remain so until next season. This group just don't have the guts to fight for results.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 am 
Manager
Manager

I have this horrible feeling that history might repeat itself following the sink year under Coco the Clown. We were in a lowly position but couldn’t find the wins as the others caught us up and overtook us!

That would be the end of Nuno’s dream.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:43 am 
Manager
Manager

Not looking forward to this at all, another defeat is on the cards on our current form. We need Boly back asap from his virus, I would start Kilman and move the Donk back to right sided centre back for a game and drop Saiss.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Not looking forward to this at all, another defeat is on the cards on our current form. We need Boly back asap from his virus, I would start Kilman and move the Donk back to right sided centre back for a game and drop Saiss.

Donk doesn’t play well at the back and after a bad game a player often returns with a good un so perhaps Saiss would be the better option.

However, what do I know?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:36 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I hope that appropriate respect is afforded to a person who passed away today and that the ridiculous gesture of taking a knee is duly put in its place.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

More than anything, I would like to see our players "take a yellow" when the opposition is going through to score #winninggamesmatters

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:55 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Starting with a back 4 again?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

Mitrovich looking for his first goal at Craven Cottage this year apparently.......you know what happens next.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:12 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

omg how the fook was that offside? and why cant these overpaid tw*ts stay a foot or more onside, they cant get away with pressing the line like the Italians used to, hoping the ref would miss it just once. Feel for Jose, he took it well.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

VAR strikes again.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

I`m a tad worried now we have the dynamic duo on the right side of defence. They ain`t up to much but we don`t look much better. Maybe that stupid decision will fire up the boys second half eh?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:13 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

fook me - what a touch by Fabio, and what a finish by Adama - glad I stayed awake!!!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:30 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Traore saved it till it really mattered. :lol: I'll take that. 38 will probsbly be enough.

The VAR decision is ridiculously correct. Podence was standing behind the defender but was offside because his sleeve was a bit thicker.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left my Dad's in Codsall to get back up the M54 as I thought it was all over. Shows what I know.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:47 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

If Podence had worn a sleeveless shirt would he have been onside?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:

Eureka!!! You`ve found the answer. Sleeveless shirts from now on please Nuno.

Twas a smash and grab, and I do not usually condone crime, but I`ll take it.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

The irony of a great pass from wonder-boy to the lazy good for nothing, to slame it in, will be lost on many

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

We won the only way we have won any games since Jimenez's injury: One individual pulled off a wonderstrike almost out of nothing. And thank goodness for that...

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:36 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Another turgid leap towards the end of a season most Wolves fans would remember with the fondness given to their first dose of genital crabs.
I was trying to highlight a positive from last nights display but I cor find one?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:34 am 
Manager
Manager

Two bits of magic in an otherwise poor game against poor opponents. Could anyone name a man of the match from that lot? Hey ho, at least we have another season in the Premiership to look forward to.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:35 am 
Manager
Manager

Watched it again.

Something is rotten in the State of Denmark. The body language of the players from the start, was all wrong. They looked miserable, they played in a miserable way. Missed passes not met with encouragement, no thumbs-up, no smile, just frustration and looks you'd give your worst enemy in the office if he didn't do exactly what you wanted him to do, or you thought he was trying to get one over on you rather than taking one for the team. 'Taking one for the team' a case in point. Against the Spanners, one or possibly two of their goals would have been stopped if one of ours was prepared to 'Take-one", they were not. The 'Team' of the first season in Nirvana, a thing of the past.

We were actually better when Netto went off. Not because of the system change in isolation, but I suspect from watching the two of them, Netto and Podence on the pitch, they simply don't get on. Both want to be the Bobby Dazzler. Both want to be the young gun of the outfit. Filling similar spaces and taking each other's limelight is simply not working. We would have been better with Podence off, or Netto, it didn't matter, one of them had to go to cheer the other bleeder up.

We used to be the best 'Team" I had seen down at the sainted Mol for many a year. Now we are a bunch of talented individuals, who seem to be permanently out of position, and not enjoying the ride.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:40 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:
Watched it again.

Something is rotten in the State of Denmark. The body language of the players from the start, was all wrong. They looked miserable, they played in a miserable way. Missed passes not met with encouragement, no thumbs-up, no smile, just frustration and looks you'd give your worst enemy in the office if he didn't do exactly what you wanted him to do, or you thought he was trying to get one over on you rather than taking one for the team. 'Taking one for the team' a case in point. Against the Spanners, one or possibly two of their goals would have been stopped if one of ours was prepared to 'Take-one", they were not. The 'Team' of the first season in Nirvana, a thing of the past.

We were actually better when Netto went off. Not because of the system change in isolation, but I suspect from watching the two of them on the pitch, they simply don't get on. Both want to be the Bobby Dazzler. Both want to be the young gun of the outfit. Filling similar spaces and taking each other's limelight is simply not working.

We used to be the best 'Team" I had seen down at the sainted Mol for many a year. Now we are a bunch of talented individuals, who seem to be permanently out of position, and not enjoying the ride.

Yes something has upset the ying and yang of the team, they definitely have some hidden agendas at the club, its plain for any Wolves fan to see.
It reminds me of when MM bought Roger Johnson into the club paying him big money and making him captain straight away.
Karl Henry and his co-horts had their noses really put out of joint by this and their performances plummeted.
I wondered whether this scenario may have occurred after the purchase of Sk8tr Boy, I dunno, summat has upset some folk.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Mircoscopic levels of details are ruining the game, thank god we scored at the end

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Another turgid leap towards the end of a season most Wolves fans would remember with the fondness given to their first dose of genital crabs.
I was trying to highlight a positive from last nights display but I cor find one?

I enjoyed the game tbh and that was before the wonder goal. it was a good game offootball between two teams which were quite well-matched but one ws slightly better than the other.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Mircoscopic levels of details are ruining the game, thank god we scored at the end

Yep, we were worthy 2-0 winners.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
Two bits of magic in an otherwise poor game against poor opponents. Could anyone name a man of the match from that lot? Hey ho, at least we have another season in the Premiership to look forward to.

Semedo.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:

Very good point well made. 8)

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat