Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:19 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

So, down to the South Coast to the Saints in a season that is beginning to look a bit of a damp squib at the moment. At least the opposition aren't pulling up trees either although they did get a point at Man City last week.

Who are their danger men? Ward-Prowse perhaps - we need to be careful about giving away free kicks in dangerous areas. I think we should bring in Boly who looked a cut above the other defenders last night and I would like to see Ait-Nouri have a go if he is fit to play. Not sure there is a lot else available.

Let's hope for the best. Come on you Wolves.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Boly and Alt-Nouri deserve to play on merit if fit. Not expecting much, away for the weekend so will miss it. Not too bothered to be honest.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

AIN will have to sit this out as he went off concussed.

I have to say I would be pleasantly surprised if we actually won. The combination of scoring more goals than the opponent seems a largely alien concept to our coach and squad.

We have been on relegation form for almost a year now and the majority of the league simply looks more professional. More instinct to force goals, more instinct to do everything to stop conceding, we just look like a naive youth team with a naive youth coach at present.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:40 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

shropswolf wrote:
AIN will have to sit this out as he went off concussed.

I have to say I would be pleasantly surprised if we actually won. The combination of scoring more goals than the opponent seems a largely alien concept to our coach and squad.

We have been on relegation form for almost a year now and the majority of the league simply looks more professional. More instinct to force goals, more instinct to do everything to stop conceding, we just look like a naive youth team with a naive youth coach at present.
'Naive' was the word I used after the Sperz game. The coach is already blaming refs and the opposition not kicking the ball out for us. The football looks nice, but we look so vulnerable. Needs to wake up, and quick.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

We always look like we are going to concede.
Will Ruddy start? Will Raul start..?
Will there be changes?
Bruno seems to be hinting at changes?
We could win, we could lose, but we need to start winning soon.. or everything we have built recently could be gone by Xmas!

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:15 am 
Manager
Manager

Fancy a draw today, 2-2. Two own goals will be our scorers..:-)

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:40 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

If you can think of three of our best players over the last few games, now you have done that, put them on the bench. See, you know as much as Bruno does. :roll:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Bruno promised to bring more goals and putting Boly on the bench to allow the Coady/Saiss/Kilman trio to continue will surely provide those goals.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:10 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

shropswolf wrote:
Bruno promised to bring more goals and putting Boly on the bench to allow the Coady/Saiss/Kilman trio to continue will surely provide those goals.

:lol: Reminds me of the old Tommy Docherty promise to get the team out of the division.

To be honest, I just watched 45 minutes and I wasn't sure whether I was watching a football match or an episode of the Chuckle Brothers.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:59 pm 
First XI
First XI

RAUL RAUL RAUL. Sheer class.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:26 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
RAUL RAUL RAUL. Sheer class.

Absolutely. I hope that's got his confidence back now.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

A moment of class among a sea of shite.

Thank heavens for the 3 points, but we might as well let Nuno just manage us remotely as a sidejob if that was meant to be another display of a supposed new era of exciting football...

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:42 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Its just like watching Brazil.......

3 points towards safety rather than towards honours methinks.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:48 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

All looked v ominous for first 45 minutes - would have thought it a gd plan to bring Traore on for last 30 or more minutes, but he ends up hardly touching the ball - you can see Bruno's problem, there are no standouts that MUST be picked, he is just shuffling the pack hoping to find a combination that is greater than the sum of the parts.

Moutinho held up well for the 90 minutes, even a couple of corners that got past the first man!

Pity Podence isn't back to how he was, and of course we miss Neto. Still have high hopes for Trancao - seems to have some class and awareness that we seem to be missing when we get in the last 1/3rd.

Hopefully not going to be our best performance of the season, and you can see that Southampton supporters have even more to be worried about. Guess we have to pray that Bruno can get players back, get players to gel better, and that he finds the magic combo that improves every layer of the team - defence, midfield and attack - we are operating at 75% at each and every level imho.

Meanwhile, congrats to Raul - work rate and goal all fantastic - and pleased for 3 points - now if only our Ryder cup golfers can pull their fingers out half as well!

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

A win for the ages. Majestic, sublime, truly epic.

(3 points)

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

A much needed 3 points and a much needed goal from our main man

Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

The best part of this season so far was the sheer class and sublime finish by Raul, so chuffed for him. That apart, we were clueless most of the time going forwards and had a lot of luck in our box when a couple of scrambles could have seen us concede. There is still so much wrong with our game and tactics, roll on when we can hopefully reach 40 points.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:30 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

A game lacking quality. The one bit we did see settled it. But he should've squared it to Adama for a tap in at the end.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

lankywolf wrote:
A game lacking quality. The one bit we did see settled it. But he should've squared it to Adama for a tap in at the end.

Yes he hesitated when he could have squared the ball earlier. I would have taken a point before the game, but despite our defence seemingly intent on gifting Southampton a goal, I felt the home team were there for the taking. We need to radically improve our decision making in front of goal, and finishing. Podence was particularly frustrating with his final ball but thankfully Raul settled the game with a great goal. Hopefully this is the kick start that he needed...

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:47 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Podence was specifically tasked to play 'between the lines' hence whenever he got the ball was engulfed by players.
I still think Bruno's ideas will suddenly click into place and someone will get a right hammering off us.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:01 am 
Manager
Manager

wolfman169 wrote:
Podence was specifically tasked to play 'between the lines' hence whenever he got the ball was engulfed by players.
I still think Bruno's ideas will suddenly click into place and someone will get a right hammering off us.

My feeling is that someone will give us a real hammering tbh.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies