Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:16 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11894
Location: Wolverhampton
SELWolf wrote:
wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
When are those three from, WF?

Not sure Sel? I got them from Pinterest (it's a phone app).

I'm guessing late 80's early 90's (1991). When did the work on the Billy Wright (Waterloo Road) Stand begin?

When was the Asda built? You can see it in the distance.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We'll have to wait for warn to view it. He'll also know the opposition and who the No 8 is, no doubt. 8)

:lol:

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Old Pictures of
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:52 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm
Posts: 8574
SELWolf wrote:
wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
When are those three from, WF?

Not sure Sel? I got them from Pinterest (it's a phone app).

I'm guessing late 80's early 90's (1991). When did the work on the Billy Wright (Waterloo Road) Stand begin?

When was the Asda built? You can see it in the distance.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We'll have to wait for warn to view it. He'll also know the opposition and who the No 8 is, no doubt. 8)

I'll guess 1990, Swindon and the No 8 is Paul Cook.


Good guess SEL .... it's definitely the kit (Bukta) used between 1990 and 1992

_________________
http://www.rugusavay.com/wp-content/upl ... otes-2.jpg


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old Pictures of
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:18 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34681
Location: S E London, near Kent
warn wrote:

Good guess SEL .... it's definitely the kit (Bukta) used between 1990 and 1992


Barnsley could possibly be the opponents but the white flashes near the shoulder are puzzling me a I don't see any kit like that on the historical kit site.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English ... index.html

What do you think...or is life too short? :oops:

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:20 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
How many sides to the ground were open back then? The crowd looks too many for a game against Swindon or Barnsley and I don't recall Paul Cook looking so Mike Bailey ish, chunky. :idea:

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:51 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34681
Location: S E London, near Kent
Moscow Wolf wrote:
How many sides to the ground were open back then? The crowd looks too many for a game against Swindon or Barnsley and I don't recall Paul Cook looking so Mike Bailey ish, chunky. :idea:

Cook was No 8 from 1990-93, Gooding was No 8 1989-90 and Thomas was No 8 93-94.

Other teams in red were Boro, Charlton and Bristol City but whoever it is wears red socks but it could be Boro in 1992 with white over the shoulders.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:09 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 20627
Location: Four Oaks
SELWolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
How many sides to the ground were open back then? The crowd looks too many for a game against Swindon or Barnsley and I don't recall Paul Cook looking so Mike Bailey ish, chunky. :idea:

Cook was No 8 from 1990-93, Gooding was No 8 1989-90 and Thomas was No 8 93-94.

Other teams in red were Boro, Charlton and Bristol City but whoever it is wears red socks but it could be Boro in 1992 with white over the shoulders.


Maybe Boro although there is a youtube clip of the 1992 match and it looks like a white stripe the length of the arms whereas the picture suggests a short flash around the arm. I'm fairly sure it's not Swindon between 1990 and 1992 as they wore red shorts on each of the 3 visits to Molineux (I found clips). I've wasted enough time now. :lol:

_________________
The next level awaits - Euros now


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:54 pm 
Offline
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:42 pm
Posts: 1608
Location: Wombourne
Left back wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
How many sides to the ground were open back then? The crowd looks too many for a game against Swindon or Barnsley and I don't recall Paul Cook looking so Mike Bailey ish, chunky. :idea:

Cook was No 8 from 1990-93, Gooding was No 8 1989-90 and Thomas was No 8 93-94.

Other teams in red were Boro, Charlton and Bristol City but whoever it is wears red socks but it could be Boro in 1992 with white over the shoulders.


Maybe Boro although there is a youtube clip of the 1992 match and it looks like a white stripe the length of the arms whereas the picture suggests a short flash around the arm. I'm fairly sure it's not Swindon between 1990 and 1992 as they wore red shorts on each of the 3 visits to Molineux (I found clips). I've wasted enough time now. :lol:


You saddos :-)

SEL, using your historical kits, I'm almost certain it is Charlton. You should know, you have a Charlton scarf above your bed!!!!!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:59 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34681
Location: S E London, near Kent
hugh jarse wrote:

You saddos :-)

SEL, using your historical kits, I'm almost certain it is Charlton. You should know, you have a Charlton scarf above your bed!!!!!!!

:shock:

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:11 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 20627
Location: Four Oaks
hugh jarse wrote:

You saddos :-)

SEL, using your historical kits, I'm almost certain it is Charlton. You should know, you have a Charlton scarf above your bed!!!!!!!


The things you can do when you are enjoying retirement. 8)

Good shout anyway Mr Jarse. Is this a possible? Not the best directing for the goals though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjq-KmZm4lQ

_________________
The next level awaits - Euros now


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:32 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
If it helps the north bank was the first of the remaining 3 to be demolished in late 91

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:05 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34681
Location: S E London, near Kent
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
If it helps the north bank was the first of the remaining 3 to be demolished in late 91

!990-91, then.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:13 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 20627
Location: Four Oaks
SELWolf wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
If it helps the north bank was the first of the remaining 3 to be demolished in late 91

!990-91, then.


That would discount the 1992/3 clip I put above but if you look at pictures 2 and 3 of Wolvesforever's post the right hand side of picture 2 and top left of picture 3 are roughly the same place in the corner of the North Bank. They don't look to me as if they are from the same time and I think they may be from different games. Just saying.

_________________
The next level awaits - Euros now


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old Pictures of
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:41 am 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11894
Location: Wolverhampton
Wolves vs. Coventry, 1967.

H&S non existent in those days. :lol:

Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:31 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
Wolves at Highfield Road April 67, we lost 3-1, and two games later the league to Jimmy Hill's Coventry by one point

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:26 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7263
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Is that at Coventry or Molineux?? If Coventry, I was at that game, 51,455 inside the ground, the crowd spilled over at the West End and I spent the entire game on the shale track behind the goal. Madness but magical memories of a lost era in football.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:53 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34681
Location: S E London, near Kent
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Wolves at Highfield Road April 67, we lost 3-1, and two games later the league to Jimmy Hill's Coventry by one point

You've reminded me of another reason to dislike Palarse as we lost to them in that string of final four games.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:26 am 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11894
Location: Wolverhampton
"The strength of the Wolf is in the Pack."

Will Molineux be as intimidating again?

Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:07 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
I loved the old ground, it will remain in my heart forever.

The each stand had character

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:18 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34681
Location: S E London, near Kent
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
I loved the old ground, it will remain in my heart forever.

The each stand had character


I know exactly what you mean but it is a bit like looking at an old steam train in the breakers yard. I have wonderful memories but I wouldn't want to go back as it were.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:51 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
Yes it was at the end, but it was beautiful..
The cow shed and the boys pen, the seven roofed stand, our own twin towers on the outside of one, and the vast terrace to the south..I loved it all

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:56 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34681
Location: S E London, near Kent
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Yes it was at the end, but it was beautiful..
The cow shed and the boys pen, the seven roofed stand, our own twin towers on the outside of one, and the vast terrace to the south..I loved it all

I agree, great memories from a great time in my life. Still, I like the modern Mol but the new stand is bizarre.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:31 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 4405
Location: Staffordshire
Used to remember as a kid, waiting for them to open the gates nearing the end of the game and sneaking out of the South bank into the enclosure to sit down for the last 5 minutes. Didn`t always work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:58 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11894
Location: Wolverhampton
Image

North Bank goal collapse against Norwich City, 1973/74.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old Pictures of
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:42 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18213
wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
Image

North Bank goal collapse against Norwich City, 1973/74.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk


I remember that game, I was there, I think Kevin Keane the keeper pulled the goals down trying to save a header from the Doog. The game was stopped for ages.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old Pictures of
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:13 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18986
Location: WV4 and WL4
Rozza wrote:
wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
Image

North Bank goal collapse against Norwich City, 1973/74.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk


I remember that game, I was there, I think Kevin Keane the keeper pulled the goals down trying to save a header from the Doog. The game was stopped for ages.


Image

Actually Kevin Keelan. I don't know about football, he looks more like he should be in an episode of Dynasty, as he day get that tan on Cromer beach.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:28 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18213
Keelan arr, not a bad goo at it though after 40 odd years.Most footballers looked like him though then, except for Mike Pejic, look him up..........

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:51 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18986
Location: WV4 and WL4
Rozza wrote:
Keelan arr, not a bad goo at it though after 40 odd years.Most footballers looked like him though then, except for Mike Pejic, look him up..........


He looks like Paul Nicholas, in Just Good Friends, if he'd resorted to crystal meth.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:33 am 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11894
Location: Wolverhampton
Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:27 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18986
Location: WV4 and WL4
I used to love sitting in there, and then that Scouse cnut had to ruin it.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:38 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11894
Location: Wolverhampton
Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.