Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DNA
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:29 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

As an older (not too old) Wolf, I have followed/supported and travelled all over this country watching Wolves.
I have seen some good times and some really, really bad and depressing times for the cause of the Gold N Black.
I went to PNE last season, Lambert's first game in charge and we WERE shit, did well to get a 0-0., told my son on the way home that we would just about escape relegation!
I too painfully remember our 11 point lead disappearing as the stripey lot beat us to promotion in 2002 :twisted:
However this current Wolves team are the best I have ever seen, including the exciting team of the early 70's. We keep the ball so much better and control the game from start to finish. In short Wolves have a completely different DNA from any previous Wolves team, no longer do I worry if we draw, hell, this time last year we were grateful if we drew :wink:
So all you young Wolf's, stop worrying, stop fretting if we drop the odd point, enjoy the ride, THE ONLY WAY IS UP :lol:

www.myspace.com/wolverhamptonwanderersfc
"THE WOLVES"
ImageImageImage

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:47 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Brilliant post!

As Guru Harry Enfield said (in a voice reminiscent of Connor Coady): "Calm down, calm down, calm down!"

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:55 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

Promoted at Boro

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:46 am 
Manager
Manager

Wolves well oiled machine rolled into Barnsley yesterday as the Nuno system of play took over the match.

Totally dominant and but for a few positional errors in key moments plus individual skill set errors didn't ram home their authority.

Thats football, players are human and the ball is round.

Léo Bonatini using the space Wolves have neglected for decades.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:13 am 
Manager
Manager

One of the first games this season where the luck was not quite with us and we did not do quite well enough to secure a certain victory. On another day the second offside goal would not have been disallowed, Jota's strike would have gone in off the underside of the bar and he would have sealed the game with a second goal from close range from Cav's cross. This is the reality of football and Nuno will just put it down to a good performance where we did not quite manage to press home our advantage. A win against Forest and we will be back on the front foot.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

I flew from Germany in a two-seater, ramshackle plane, landing in Kent and hitching my way to London to watch Andy Gray win the League Cup for us in 1980. ( young and foolish then, just foolish now)

I have never felt since that day, the true feeling that we are going to achieve something special. I feel that way now.

Great times.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat