Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:54 am 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
I remember BRFCMidget. Things that come to mind about her are Animal protection (is she a vet?) , Strong religious beliefs, Clocks, Blackburn Rovers.

Yes LB, a qualified Veterinary.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:13 am 
Manager
Manager

Players likely to be sold in January.

Marshall.
Bennett.
Hause.
Deslandes.

Loaned out.
Ronan.

Léo Bonatini using the space Wolves have neglected for decades.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:52 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Marshall.
Bennett.
Hause.
Deslandes.

Loaned out.
Ronan.

Would be interesting to know how Hause and Deslandes are being coached and what if any improvements are evident. Bennett, I could understand with him being a Lambert purchase, but Marshall, not so sure and what about Zyro, Prince etc.

Even during the winter window, we still need to think about the end of this season and which LOAN players might well wish to go home such as Boly; we should be nurturing our younger lads to step up via coaching into the Nuno Way. :idea:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:57 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Marshall.
Bennett.
Hause.
Deslandes.

Loaned out.
Ronan.

Would be interesting to know how Hause and Deslandes are being coached and what if any improvements are evident. Bennett, I could understand with him being a Lambert purchase, but Marshall, not so sure and what about Zyro, Prince etc.

Even during the winter window, we still need to think about the end of this season and which LOAN players might well wish to go home such as Boly; we should be nurturing our younger lads to step up via coaching into the Nuno Way. :idea:

Theres a perception our bench has strength the reality as shown against Preston is that its a weakness.
I expect Nuno to target three or four very high quality players in January.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:28 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Marshall.
Bennett.
Hause.
Deslandes.

Loaned out.
Ronan.

Theres a perception our bench has strength the reality as shown against Preston is that its a weakness.
I expect Nuno to target three or four very high quality players in January.

Foreigners or home-grown?

I'm not sure if too many Cooks could spoil the Broth insofar as you have to drop players to replace them and cause unrest in the dressing room, but if we are up there top 3 come Christmas then, it would make sense to strengthen for the final run in and of course, get players in good enough for the 'NEXT LEVEL'.

Back up for Bonatini as Zyro don't seem to have much of a look in is one transfer I would expect, but what other positions do you see us buying/loaning for?

Do you envisage Jack Price moving on then or at the end of the season as I'm not sure he can step in for Saiss or Neves, but I might well be wrong?

Which areas on the Park are we short of back-up?

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:20 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I don't see our current bench as a weakness compared with others in this division. N'daiye and Costa are both quality players who came on yesterday although Costa is a bit short of match fitness. Enobokhare was poor in his decision making and was probably a mistake yesterday but that doesn't make the bench poor. We had Norris to cover in goal who is receiving good comments, Price and Marshall available who can fill decent positions at this level. In fact last season, KK , you marked out Price as a top quality player. Most other matches this season have seen our substitutions work very well. I'm not against us trying to improve the team further but to suggest that the bench is a weakness is a bit far fetched. What we would have given for a bench of that quality in the last few years. The problems I saw yesterday were an early inability to adapt to the physicality when not protected by the referee which took time to sort out and a switching off psychologically when we went 3-0 up neither of which were down to the substitutions.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

The reason I feel the bench is weak If we use yesterday as an example.

The way Wolves play in a 3-4-3 system the workload on the front three positions is enormous.

More so in games like yesterday when the wind is buffeting and the defenders are uncompromising.

More short sharp sprints than the previous week which drain you after little more than the hour mark.

So your having to protect those front players while still retaining an on field threat.

Looking at the bench what were the options.

Costa a player just back from injury nowhere near match fitness, it may be Christmas before he is back to his best.

Then you have Bright who should be your go to option, but the lads just not stepping up his performance levels, yesterday his attitude was shocking.

Add Alfred who adds a bit of physicality and closes down space.

But thats not enough.

You have to take Jota out of the firing line this side of Christmas because without a break he will completely lose his form and gain injuries.
Its a 46 game slog, you have to look after your players while having very capable replacements.

Target strikers in January, at least two of them.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

The way Wolves play in a 3-4-3 system the workload on the front three positions is enormous.

More so in games like yesterday when the wind is buffeting and the defenders are uncompromising.

More short sharp sprints than the previous week which drain you after little more than the hour mark.

So your having to protect those front players while still retaining an on field threat.

Costa a player just back from injury nowhere near match fitness, it may be Christmas before he is back to his best.

Then you have Bright who should be your go to option, but the lads just not stepping up his performance levels, yesterday his attitude was shocking.

But thats not enough.

You have to take Jota out of the firing line this side of Christmas because without a break he will completely lose his form and gain injuries.
Its a 46 game slog, you have to look after your players while having very capable replacements.

Marshall, Zyro?

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:04 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Looks a stronger bench than most team's 1st eleven. Obviously another striker is needed though.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:03 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I agree that another striker wouldn't go amiss if Nuno doesn't think Zyro is up to it and if Enobokhare isn't learning but I still don't think that makes our current bench options weak at this level. Jota may well need a rest and Costa getting match fit over the next few weeks gives us the replacement. Zyro, Bright, Marshall and even Donovan should all be capable of giving us the odd game each at this level and give some relief to Bonatini and Cavaleiro at different times. Of course it would be great to have players at the level of Jota, Costa, and Bonatini to come in but I think that's unrealistic if we are to keep a team spirit, a sense of togetherness and settled players because that quality of player will be expecting more than a handful of games in a championship side.

As far as I am concerned, we have a good bench for a Championship team. Nuno may think about whether the likes of Zyro on the bench is more effective than Bright and, yesterday, whether Vinaigre should have been available to replace a badly performing Douglas as he seems reluctant to use Ryan at all. I still feel that the problems we caused ourselves late on yesterday were not related to the subs we used - Someone like Neves should have taken charge late on and slowed things down a bit.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

But thats not enough.

Marshall, Zyro?

Helda Costa didn't last season, in fact, he got better.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:39 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

warn wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

But thats not enough.

Marshall, Zyro?

Helda Costa didn't last season, in fact, he got better.

Then he broke and missed the end of the season, required surgery and won't be back to his best until around 8 months later. Could we afford to do without Jota for 8 months?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:39 am 
Manager
Manager

This seasons system is more demanding on the body and it doesn't help if players gain no protection from players going through the back of them, when moving to balls into feet.

I doubt even Nuno expected the poor protection levels in the Championship, the type that over time build up muscle injury.

Maybe in January he will have reevaluated the requirement and added a striker like the former Chelsea player Diego Costa who helps gaining vital seconds within a game.

There's not many teams that will make it easy post Villa for Wolves strikers to be facing the play.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:39 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I don't disagree with most of that, I just felt it was wrong to say that our current bench is such a weakness. I note that you are predicting a starting line up for tomorrow which contains none of the starters from Saturday - against man City as well - That suggests to me a reasonable level of depth in the squad.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

alig4321 wrote:
Then he broke and missed the end of the season, required surgery and won't be back to his best until around 8 months later. Could we afford to do without Jota for 8 months?

Have you ever wondered how much impact and strain those backflips he did as celebration put on his (Costa) ankles?

Worth serious thought. :wink:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:57 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
This seasons system is more demanding on the body and it doesn't help if players gain no protection from players going through the back of them, when moving to balls into feet.

Why is this being allowed? Why aren't referees issuing a yellow card straight away? Do these officials do their homework on the division, and analyse games and teams, they've just refereed?

Going through the back of a player, isn't just a foul, it's a cynical yellow card foul. Is the standard of refereeing and linesman support that bad, that the standard we have to put up with, are allowed to officiate the 2nd tier of English football...?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Why is this being allowed? Why aren't referees issuing a yellow card straight away? Do these officials do their homework on the division, and analyse games and teams, they've just refereed?

Going through the back of a player, isn't just a foul, it's a cynical yellow card foul. Is the standard of refereeing and linesman support that bad, that the standard we have to put up with, are allowed to officiate the 2nd tier of English football...?

As Nuno says the laws are the laws wherever in the world you play.

You would think with England having created a GLOBAL Premier league they would be trying to produce officials fit to ref in It.

When you have players on 50k a week contracts you cant have muts like Huntington of Preston allowed to do serious damage to such assets..

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:09 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

It seems to me that there is an absolute gulf between Premier League Refs and Championship level Refs. When we had a Prem level referee at Molineux a while back you could tell a massive difference. Maybe it's to do with pay and the amount of time they can commit to the job or perhaps the Prem has become a bit too much of a closed shop and their knowledge, experience and interpretations aren't widely disseminated. It is certainly not good for a team trying to play football at the next level down.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:20 am 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
It seems to me that there is an absolute gulf between Premier League Refs and Championship level Refs. When we had a Prem level referee at Molineux a while back you could tell a massive difference. Maybe it's to do with pay and the amount of time they can commit to the job or perhaps the Prem has become a bit too much of a closed shop and their knowledge, experience and interpretations aren't widely disseminated. It is certainly not good for a team trying to play football at the next level down.

I would like to see a heat map and live cam of a modern Referee's game. At the end of the day, there are FOUR adjudicators backed up by goal-line technology. They're all guilty if the game gets out of hand. It is not a job I would relish to be honest, but somebody has to do it.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

The Ref next weekend at QPR did our game at Burton this season, also our League Cup game against Bristol Rovers.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:04 am 
Manager
Manager

Jorge Mendes guest of honour at Man City vs Wolves, wine and dine then lets talk players.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:45 am 
Manager
Manager

There will be Premier league clubs watching Wolves at this time because when you do well the scouts turn up in droves.

Wait till they find out Fosun will tell them to do one, and laugh at their offers in January..

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:49 am 
Manager
Manager

I hope Nuno gets a good look at James Maddison this evening then if Wolves gain promotion buys the best of the Championship.

Supplementing those high class talents that both he and George Mendes finds us from the global assembly line.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:27 am 
Manager
Manager

Everton have contacted Nuno as ONE OF the potential candidates to replace Koeman. His agent Jorge Mendes is listening, no decision made yet,

Guillem Balague.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:55 am 
Manager
Manager

At the moment I just want us to keep Nuno and the rest will follow.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:36 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Losing Nuno would be a disaster

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Losing Nuno would be a disaster

Fosun would be shooting themselves in the foot with an Elephant gun. Our season would probably fall apart, so it would be madness, Mendes or not.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:49 am 
Manager
Manager

Good ref last Friday, best we have had this season, he can come again.

Sorted it early and made life easier for himself.

And another thing was his fitness levels didn't flag as the game went on, unlike some refs who are blowing out their arse by the hour.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:03 am 
Manager
Manager

Need to tie down some of these loaned fellas.
Bring in support and backup for Leo.
Sometimes the defence looks a bit hows ya mother and that will possibly need to be addressed.
Still think we need someone solid who can backup our midfield and be a real midfield defensive enforcer against the thug sides.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Wolfhawk wrote:
Need to tie down some of these loaned fellas.
Bring in support and backup for Leo.
Sometimes the defence looks a bit hows ya mother and that will possibly need to be addressed.
Still think we need someone solid who can backup our midfield and be a real midfield defensive enforcer against the thug sides.

IF we get promoted Mate then, expect the calibre of players such as Ronaldo, Bale etc. to be on the radar and linked to us. :wink: :lol:

Mark Twain

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat