Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:35 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Credit for Brizzle sticking with Lee Johnson last season, the current top six look like being the top six come season end.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Credit for Brizzle sticking with Lee Johnson last season, the current top six look like being the top six come season end.

I would go the play off sides out of the top ten, with Micks side the biggest surprise.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:39 am 
Manager
Manager

Micks doing great at Ipswich considering the budget he's had to work under.

Bristol have money to burn. They've tried to spend loads on a top striker for like 2 windows now, but just can't seem to get the people they go for to join them. Maybe their league position will help them this time get someone good. If they do, they will be a threat.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:49 am 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:

Bristol have money to burn. They've tried to spend loads on a top striker for like 2 windows now, but just can't seem to get the people they go for to join them. Maybe their league position will help them this time get someone good. If they do, they will be a threat.

I still see Bristol City dropping away because without the ball they leave to many holes and are easy to get at.

Time will tell as they say.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:28 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

I still see Bristol City dropping away because without the ball they leave to many holes and are easy to get at.

I would maybe agree if we were only 10-15 games in but by now at the half way point, any sort of deficiencies in a team will have come out. If a team is near the top at the half way point they will generally be there come the end. Unless they seriously choke or suffer a number of injuries to key players.

Bristol know this is their chance, spend big on a striker and they could well take a top 2 spot.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:43 am 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

I would maybe agree if we were only 10-15 games in but by now at the half way point, any sort of deficiencies in a team will have come out. If a team is near the top at the half way point they will generally be there come the end. Unless they seriously choke or suffer a number of injuries to key players.

Bristol know this is their chance, spend big on a striker and they could well take a top 2 spot.

Strong performance and result for them last night against Man Utd, the Championship showing its strength.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:36 am 
Manager
Manager

Who do you see promoted at this time?

I have Wolves and Derby automatic

I then thought Middlesbrough before Monk was sacked through the play offs, not sure now Pulis has taken charge so tend to go for Cardiff.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Boro will be huge favs for promotion imo now Pulis is there. They have a fantastic squad that have under-performed so far, but I have no doubt he'll get them firing. Assombalonga will thrive under the type of direct play they will no doubt now use.

Derby flying too. Cardiff probably the team most prone to dropping off given they're relying more on effort and commitment that pure skill. I would say Derby for 2nd place with Boro for the 3rd promotion spot.

Could see a play-off 4 of Boro, Sheff Utd or Leeds, Bristol and Cardiff. try picking a winner out of that lot!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Boro will be huge favs for promotion imo now Pulis is there. They have a fantastic squad that have under-performed so far, but I have no doubt he'll get them firing. Assombalonga will thrive under the type of direct play they will no doubt now use.

Derby flying too. Cardiff probably the team most prone to dropping off given they're relying more on effort and commitment that pure skill. I would say Derby for 2nd place with Boro for the 3rd promotion spot.

Could see a play-off 4 of Boro, Sheff Utd or Leeds, Bristol and Cardiff. try picking a winner out of that lot!

All the more important that we get top two. This year will be the hardest for some years to fight through the play-offs.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

All the more important that we get top two. This year will be the hardest for some years to fight through the play-offs.

Top two is an absolute MUST, play-offs would be crushing. Hopefully our promotion rivals will cancel each other out a bit, and forget about us.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:

Yep. Play offs would be a huge lottery, more so than usual it seems. It's really weird; the champ is probably the weakest it's been for years, in terms of the number of teams all fighting to get into the top 6 (Sheff Weds/Fulham/Norwich/Brentford/Reading, all went backwards from last year, surprisingly). But that top 6 seems stronger than ever.

Totally forgot about Villa too. Struggling a bit right now (awwwww) but could easily turn it around and be a strong promotion team come the end.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:18 am 
Manager
Manager

Middlesbrough vs Villa should be fun today, Villa lose that and the fans will be asking questions.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:32 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

And this has always been my point when being convinced we would get an automatic place this year. There simply is not a team which will not drop plenty of points against rivals - and occasionally Burton! We will lose. We will draw. But no more than anyone else - and less than most.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
And this has always been my point when being convinced we would get an automatic place this year. There simply is not a team which will not drop plenty of points against rivals - and occasionally Burton! We will lose. We will draw. But no more than anyone else - and less than most.

Yep. Even if we had drawn today, the 2 draws in 2 games would have still seen the gap go up by 1 from the pack. Derby is a threat now, they're on a fantastic run and I can't see them losing too many, but in terms of a 2nd team also going on such a run as to close the 10 point gap to stop automatic... can't see it atm.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:24 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hey, Brentford, let's just consider Brentford. :lol: I just love the man.

Today we conjured up a win out of nowhere. Yes, Costa struggled badly because he is not a hold the ball up player but Bonatini did look off it and Cavaleiro came on with fresh legs when others were tiring and he made such a difference at the right time.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:26 pm 

Classic Nuno response. We need him to keep lid on FANS as well as players and staff...!!!!

(Mind you - at the end he did just a little bit like HE might be getting carried away too!!)

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:49 am 
Manager
Manager

Brizzy will be difficult to beat for those trying to catch us.....all good

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Derby seem to be getting it right and could go on a surge.

Just so long as they don't go on a rampage.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Derby draw and Cardiff lose (again, poor Colin hahaha).

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Derby draw and Cardiff lose (again, poor Colin hahaha).

"There's no stand out team in this division."
Really, Colin? :roll:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

Bristol expanded a lot of emotional energy in our game. It's no shock that from what I'm reading they look well off the pace today. Wolves need to be careful that isn't us tomorrow night.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Bristol expanded a lot of emotional energy in our game. It's no shock that from what I'm reading they look well off the pace today. Wolves need to be careful that isn't us tomorrow night.

Very true SM.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:

Having nearly gone the distance with Wolves but falling to a knock out punch they just didn't have enough recovery time.

Far to vulnerable, and now scarred to a heavy blow throughout this season.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:56 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

Having nearly gone the distance with Wolves but falling to a knock out punch they just didn't have enough recovery time.

Far to vulnerable, and now scarred to a heavy blow throughout this season.

I think the 2 day gap after such a hard game against us did for them last night. It was the emotional energy as well as the physical toll. Hopefully our extra day together with the positive result on Saturday will help us.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fulham really on the charge now. Top 6 (be it having played a game more) they were miles off the play offs not that long ago.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:13 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Fulham really on the charge now. Top 6 (be it having played a game more) they were miles off the play offs not that long ago.

They seem to do this every year, start poorly and then make a late surge for the play offs, they've started the surge a bit earlier this year so I think they can put some pressure on the rest of the chasing pack

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:55 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

They seem to do this every year, start poorly and then make a late surge for the play offs, they've started the surge a bit earlier this year so I think they can put some pressure on the rest of the chasing pack

Yep. Only seventeen points behind us now.........Here they come !!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:24 am 
Manager
Manager

Come on the Villa lets see if you can put Derby under pressure for second spot.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:47 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Come on the Villa lets see if you can put Derby under pressure for second spot.

Villa are building up a head of steam. It makes things interesting.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:18 am 
Manager
Manager

You'd be a fool to bet against Steve Bruce winning promotion from the Championship, especially with their squad.

Derby's only real ace is Rowett himself. They've a worse team than they had during all those bungled promotion attempts in previous years.

Villa's next game... home to the worst team in the division.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat