Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: The Wolf - What next?
 Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:12 pm 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

So, moving forward with The Wolf, what do people want to see from the forum? How would you like it changed and improved? Who would like to put their name forward as a moderator? There is lots of stuff needs doing behind the scenes that I need to take care of, but let's get the place back up to speed and looking good ready for next season!

Any ideas and suggestions, feel free to add them :D

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:11 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

As mentioned elsewhere, I think a streamlining of the number of sub forums would help. I would like to see Wolves Chat, Other football chat, other sports, banter (I like a bit of banter) and General Chat (for putting the world to rights and things). I think people would probably like to continue with the prediction league too. Others might think that's too many.

Perhaps a current front page picture would help too (as you have put up for the Facebook page).

I am happy to continue as Mod if I'm wanted but if it is felt that others should move in instead then I would have to live with the grievous wound 8) .

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:43 pm 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

I'm talking to a developer in India that is going to upgrade the forum software for us as it's a pretty big job with such a large database. The current black and gold theme is not compatible with the latest software, so the look of the forum will be changing to. But, do people want to retrain the black and gold colour or would you prefer a white with black text forum, as a lot of people find this easier to read.

Also, are people still using TapaTalk? As I'll need to update that too.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:24 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Black & Gold for me, but so long as it lives that's all that matters.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:08 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I had no idea things were back up and running, so sorry for the lack of replies. I’m happy to continue as a mod as long as no one has any objections :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:18 pm 
First XI
First XI

Cally wrote:
I had no idea things were back up and running, so sorry for the lack of replies. I’m happy to continue as a mod as long as no one has any objections :lol:

No objection from me Cally. Nice to see us back up and running.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:26 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2017/18
Prediction League Winner 2017/18

It has to be Gold N Black!

www.myspace.com/wolverhamptonwanderersfc
"THE WOLVES"
ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:49 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I do think Gold and Black makes this forum a bit different and to me it looks good and I would prefer it. However, if it is not practical then so be it.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:06 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

It has to be gold and black, or black with a bit of gold for me or it doe goo.

As to who runs or moderates it or who contributes to the running of The-Wolf there needs to be a big re-think.

As far as I can recall there aint been jack shit to actually moderate for at least 8 years which is probably why a lot of the Mods rarely post now.

You need to review your forum rules Lee as they are older than a conker tree and as you rarely enforce them yourself you need to delegate that authority to someone who will or does.

The ideal Mod in my book would be the child of left back and Cally, if Pitbull didn't intervene and drown the monstrosity at birth before phoning the Police. They represent a great deal of diplomacy and involvement in the site and have a genuine interest in its welfare and success.

Mods should not be invisible on the site neither should they be unnacountable , neither should they be unable to carry a little banter or burst into tears if their views are challenged in such a style as this from 2011... "What a grade A bellend you are Think your a comedian, your nothing but a sad old wanker"

Being called a wanker when modding ay nothing new, or having your safety threatened either, its all part of the internet generation where ones views are FACT and cannot be challenged, eh KK? :lol:

Anyroad up if you appoint new Mods keep it to a maximum of three,all appointed by the voting board, and give them the authority and ability to Mod the ting without coming round your house innit.

Binning the yearly vote for best poster/knowledgable poster etc was also a mistake in my book too. Semper fi ay it.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

Pink.... 2018 innit.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:14 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quirkafleeg wrote:
Pink.... 2018 innit.

Rainbow

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

I'm all for the Lawnmowers, Giggolos, Bananas and Tricycles stuff.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:43 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quirkafleeg wrote:
I'm all for the Lawnmowers, Giggolos, Bananas and Tricycles stuff.

:lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:04 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I'm just a snowflake - beware. :lol:

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:13 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:
It has to be gold and black, or black with a bit of gold for me or it doe goo.

As to who runs or moderates it or who contributes to the running of The-Wolf there needs to be a big re-think.

As far as I can recall there aint been jack shit to actually moderate for at least 8 years which is probably why a lot of the Mods rarely post now.

You need to review your forum rules Lee as they are older than a conker tree and as you rarely enforce them yourself you need to delegate that authority to someone who will or does.

The ideal Mod in my book would be the child of left back and Cally, if Pitbull didn't intervene and drown the monstrosity at birth before phoning the Police. They represent a great deal of diplomacy and involvement in the site and have a genuine interest in its welfare and success.

Mods should not be invisible on the site neither should they be unnacountable , neither should they be unable to carry a little banter or burst into tears if their views are challenged in such a style as this from 2011... "What a grade A bellend you are Think your a comedian, your nothing but a sad old wanker"

Being called a wanker when modding ay nothing new, or having your safety threatened either, its all part of the internet generation where ones views are FACT and cannot be challenged, eh KK? :lol:

Anyroad up if you appoint new Mods keep it to a maximum of three,all appointed by the voting board, and give them the authority and ability to Mod the ting without coming round your house innit.

Binning the yearly vote for best poster/knowledgable poster etc was also a mistake in my book too. Semper fi ay it.

I fear that we have lost the considerable knowledge and wisdom of good old KK. He fell in the Mix and came out all lite.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

I think merging Wolves chat and Football chat would be a hugely beneficial change. The posters will decide which threads stay topped and which will slowly die, and the forum isn't active enough that merging both will cause too much clutter.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:54 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SpaceMonkey wrote:
I think merging Wolves chat and Football chat would be a hugely beneficial change. The posters will decide which threads stay topped and which will slowly die, and the forum isn't active enough that merging both will cause too much clutter.

In a similar way, I think a general chat forum would be better instead of sub-forums for TV, news, venting and whatever else. It’s fine to split them into separate forums, but the boards are too quiet for it.

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:30 am 
Manager
Manager

I'm only interested in Wolves chat and General football chat but would prefer that they stay mainly separate. Everything else can be merged or left. I prefer not see too many stickies too.

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:26 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza said
Quote:

:D :D :D

I remember 24 calling me something similar on numerous occasions and i was labelled a 'happy clapper' kinell everyones a happy clapper these days.... I KNEW I WAS RIGHT. 8)

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:38 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

wolfman169 wrote:
Rozza said
Quote:

:D :D :D

I remember 24 calling me something similar on numerous occasions and i was labelled a 'happy clapper' kinell everyones a happy clapper these days.... I KNEW I WAS RIGHT. 8)

Bloody knowalls! :lol:

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:57 pm 
YTS

I think we should keep the other forums
The news stand one is pretty active and the ongoing debates around Brexit Corbyn etc are a pretty good read
I also like the movies music one and I think we should keep the football chat one particularly the manager sacking thread.
Keep gold and black styling if at all possible
Mcdogs read your post sorry for your rough times well done on keeping it going while it was all happening- and thank you. I have really appreciated what you have done with this forum.

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:11 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Me? Only ever look at Wolves chat, and a very occasional football chat. The rest can be ditched.

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:33 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Me? Only ever look at Wolves chat, and a very occasional football chat. The rest can be ditched.

Same here, although I have had the odd foray into some of the other areas, I tend to stick to Wolves chat mainly. It is our love of Wolves that brings us all here. If you love arguing about politics or talking about the latest episode of Britain's got the X-factor on Ice in the jungle, there's plenty of places on the internet you can go for that.

I still use Tapatalk as well, but not too worried if that stopped.

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:31 pm 
Most Successful Thrush Thrasher

Left back wrote:
As mentioned elsewhere, I think a streamlining of the number of sub forums would help. I would like to see Wolves Chat, Other football chat, other sports, banter (I like a bit of banter) and General Chat (for putting the world to rights and things). I think people would probably like to continue with the prediction league too. Others might think that's too many.

I think the current black and gold is fab....but have always thought the number of sub forums was the downfall of banter and ‘getting together’ as it’s too difficult to keep up with folk posting all over the shop.
I reckon LB’s suggestions are more than enough to keep folk happy....

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:20 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Wolves chat ..football chat...news chat ...is all

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:47 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Footy Banter and Other Banter - and less fixed threads - I come on here to mainly read about Wolves stuff, but if someone has another footie thread then fine, I may read it, even comment - if its bollcks then it will disappear off the foot of the list, but a bit more traffic will at least it will look like someone is on the site and posting. At present way too many forums.

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:50 am 
Manager
Manager

Wolves Chat,
Football/Sports Chat,
Banter/News/Challenge KK's world domination thread

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

Yeah some forums need dumping its just clutter...

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

I'd like to reignite a No Holds Barred section, somewhere to cut loose and let off steam. Anyone who enters knows the score, anyone who cocks a snook can fook off.

Deffo keep the Forum gold on black.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat