Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: MORGAN GIBBS WHITE
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:13 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2017/18
Prediction League Winner 2017/18

Tracked by Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham, with Liverpool prepared to pay £5m in Jan 2018.
Do Wolves want to keep him?
Does MGW want to stay at Wolves?

www.myspace.com/wolverhamptonwanderersfc
"THE WOLVES"
ImageImageImage

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: MORGAN GIBBS WHITE
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Nuno likes him but heads will be turned no doubt by agent.......but how can he break into the team here as things stand..??? Bench at best, sadly....

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wolve ... youngster/

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wolves-braced-to-lose-teenage-starlet-with-liverpool-leading-chase-for-youngster/

Paper talk, matey.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:04 am 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

The big boys trying to nullify our threat to their cosy club, by cherry picking our best.

Times are a changing, we don't need/have to sell.

If they REALLY want him then they will have to pay top dollar.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:21 am 
Manager
Manager

If three clubs want him then let them enter into a bidding war. Let's see what they're made of and let's see how Jeff responds.

Lookman went to Everton from Charlton for over £10 million so that has to be the starting price.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:24 am 
Manager
Manager

Bench with us or bench with Spurs/Liverpool etc? know which I'd pick. The only advantage Wolves have is that we could offer him a pathway into the first team. If we're unwilling to do that then we're going to lose him.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:15 am 
Manager
Manager

I'm sure at board level Jeff has stated the desire to produce home grown talent for the first team.

But Nuno has only been at the club five minutes so we should forgive him a little if his main focus as been towards the first team.

Here's hoping that enough conversations transpire to work out the best pathway for each individual youngster.
Be that loans abroad with links to clubs on the continent, loans to the home nations or earlier opportunities in our first team.

Lets face it going back to the days of Martin Patching our finishing school below the first team has been substandard.

Maybe the Eric Dier route with a loan to a Portuguese club in January would be beneficial for all parties.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:05 am 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

With Ronan and Gibbs-White, we have a couple of gems who it would be sad to see go. Nuno has done well getting the fringe players to slot into the current system, hopefully wecan give them some game time soon.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:09 pm 
First XI
First XI

Clearer path to senior footy with Wolves than Spurs, Liverpool etc. If he goes to a bigger club, he'll just be loaned out to a League One or Two side, same as I imagine we're looking at as well. Unless it's for a bigger pay raise, don't see a point going to the bigger sides.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:46 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Long hard slog in the Championship, hope he gets a look in in due course.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Decided to put this here rather than make a new thread.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... gland-uefa

I would recommend everyone read this article, not just for the Gibbs-White bit. Sickening tbh. No wonder the players started fighting near the end.

What makes me more angry, is not that certain countries have a huge racism problem, but that FIFA/UEFA seem to almost shrug their shoulders and pretend it's not so bad or there's nothing they can do about it.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:00 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Decided to put this here rather than make a new thread.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... gland-uefa

I would recommend everyone read this article, not just for the Gibbs-White bit. Sickening tbh. No wonder the players started fighting near the end.

What makes me more angry, is not that certain countries have a huge racism problem, but that FIFA/UEFA seem to almost shrug their shoulders and pretend it's not so bad or there's nothing they can do about it.

It's a depressing and worrying story and FIFA/EUFA etc really do need to get a grip. I know that it can be difficult when it is one word against another and no other corroboration but they don't seem to try very hard with their investigations.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:48 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Shameful. A brave young lad to put his head above the parapet. Well done to him!

But before we get too 'holier than thou', let us remember that English football until a very few years ago was full of similar attitudes and behaviours. And Wolves fans have not been backwards in coming forwards with some pretty reprehensiible racist & abusive chants & songs. (Even some current ones re our own Willy Boly?)

We must challenge racism wherever we find it. At home as well as abroad.

And i say that having just returned from the funeral of a Wolverhampton friend and colleague from Antigua, who was the nicest guy you could ever wish to meet. But he too faced much prejudice in his time in Wolverhampton.

Wouldn't a New Year in which we ALL resolved too show RESPECT to people of all cultures, faiths, colours and backgrounds be a fitting tribute?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:07 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Wouldn't a New Year in which we ALL resolved too show RESPECT to people of all cultures, faiths, colours and backgrounds be a fitting tribute?

Hear, hear.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:28 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Hear, hear.

More chance of being struck by lightning in England, blown up by a member of your own faith in Afghanistan,Nigeria, Ukraine,Syria,Yemen,Pakistan,Iraq,Somalia,South Sudan regardless of whether you are a child or not to name but a few.

Being called a Monkey is both shameful and hurting, having your whole family murdered and your city reduced to rubble is a tad more chafing in the grand scheme of things but it just carries on relentlessly.

The only time I ever had to challenge racist behaviour and pure ignorance at The Mol, post 1970's of course, and whilst seated in my season ticket abode, was a home game shortly after the Albion pie and pint chicanery when they were given the South Bank by some greasy fat fucker whose name escapes me. I think it was Bolton for some reason?, anywho, a pair of fucktards sat behind me who were obviously a pair of inbred fuckwits who chose to castigate the opposition until they got on everyones tits with the immortal aside of " Fu.k them Black c..s off you ay losing to f.kin co..s"

This was observed by a steward and the assembled blokes around me and no one said jack, I turned around and refrained from pointing out my off duty status or the fact that I was fuckin raging and politely explained exactly why the pair of um were shameful idiots and I requested how they referred to Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, ..... silence.

Twenty minutes of quiet later and one of them tapped my shoulder and told me he was sorry about his comments, I told him to shove the apology as it meant fuck all to me as I was not their victims.

The ONLY way intolerance and hatred get sorted is for simple everyday folk to challenge it, until that happens you may as well put your faith in Jeremy Corbyn to sort it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Take out the gender bollocks for todays metrosexual ting and you get my drift.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:47 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

....and how it has triumphed .

it is no measure of success to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. more food for thought.

a man who does not raise a family will never have wisdom , he will not be worthy of debate or argument and he will perish within a life of mediocrity. no matter how great or foul his deeds he will be forgotten within but one lifetime.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:43 am 
Manager
Manager

We fight many battles on the road to equality, some do it on a personal daily level.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:22 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
We fight many battles on the road to equality, some do it on a personal daily level.

Save the Zimbabwean farmers!

We used to have a pretty much all black school down the road from us when I was growing up, having to take the bus back from school was a real ordeal. Then as you grow up it is the preferential treatment for university places, jobs, watching which part of town you go to at night, just the general we can't have nice things anymore.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Sorry wrong thread

Last edited by suiging on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:23 pm 

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

We used to have a pretty much all black school down the road from us when I was growing up, having to take the bus back from school was a real ordeal. Then as you grow up it is the preferential treatment for university places, jobs, watching which part of town you go to at night, just the general we can't have nice things anymore.

WHAT??!! Am I reading this right?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

It appears to be the post of a man who feels he has been the victim of racism. Certainly misguided in part, but if he felt he was the victim of intimidation or violence on the basis of his race as a kid. Tis what it is.

My Grandma had a stall on Wolverhampton market. She had to sell and move off the plot when her prices were undercut by South Asians in the early seventies who could off better deals as they hd no staff costs, employing "relatives" on subsistence rates. She was not alone. Her views on South Asians were set by her experiences of what to her were unfair business practises which took away her livelihood.

Was she a racist, or a victim ?

Well, sadly she was a racist. As she tarred all South Asians with the same brush. Both misguided and unfair. However, the lack of action by "snowflake" officials in punishing certain races for their actions, scarred to do so by the threat of a "racist" smear, is as bad or worse than the heartfelt views of someone scarred as a kid to go on a bus. Ask the girls in Rochdale and Telford if they're racist, or just misguided after suffering terrible abuse and having the effrontery to report it.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Just do some research on the steadfast trust, which he still continues to link to in his signature. Says it all tbh.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Just do some research on the steadfast trust, which he still continues to link to in his signature. Says it all tbh.

Yeh.....misguided is perhaps kind for them

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:12 pm 

Ahhh ... I begin to understand.

Trouble is, it is too easy for ANYONE to be subjected to unpleasantness from a group of individuals from ANY ethnic group, and then tar them ALL with the same brush.

I think that is what racism is - the ascribing of a generality based on evidence gleaned from a tiny minority.

I wonder how many black guys had their opinion of ALL white guys formed by the behaviour of a few bosses a couple of hundred years ago on a tea or cotton plantation? We have to accept that the English/British did not always treat the rest of the world with the liberal views we expect of everyone in today's society.

We all just simply have to work and work at it. Prejudice is prejudice. Recognise it in yourself first, then try to deal with it in your own way - not re-inforce it with hurtful behaviours.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Trouble is, it is too easy for ANYONE to be subjected to unpleasantness from a group of individuals from ANY ethnic group, and then tar them ALL with the same brush.

I think that is what racism is - the ascribing of a generality based on evidence gleaned from a tiny minority.

I wonder how many black guys had their opinion of ALL white guys formed by the behaviour of a few bosses a couple of hundred years ago on a tea or cotton plantation? We have to accept that the English/British did not always treat the rest of the world with the liberal views we expect of everyone in today's society.

We all just simply have to work and work at it. Prejudice is prejudice. Recognise it in yourself first, then try to deal with it in your own way - not re-inforce it with hurtful behaviours.

Very true. I just wish "snowflake" Briton would understand that saying things like "Black youths commit the most knife crime in London" is not racist, it's just a simple statement of fact. Why the reaction to that fact is completely different to say.... " What males commit the most banking frauds" is beyond me, and partially the reason why, for example the grooming gangs were allowed to traumatise and abuse so many for so long. Crime is crime. It has no colour/race. When crime is not investigated or is ignored because of fears of unmerited PC labelling, we are in trouble.

I had a girlfriend in the early seventies who lived in Castlecroft. I had to change buses in the town centre to get to see her. In those days it was a trial being a single white male waiting for a bus in the town on a Friday night. Not a racist statement, a simple fact. Perhaps that is why I had a modicum of sympathy with the post that started this. Perhaps you had to be there ?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:26 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Very true. I just wish "snowflake" Briton would understand that saying things like "Black youths commit the most knife crime in London" is not racist, it's just a simple statement of fact. Why the reaction to that fact is completely different to say.... " What males commit the most banking frauds" is beyond me, and partially the reason why, for example the grooming gangs were allowed to traumatise and abuse so many for so long. Crime is crime. It has no colour/race. When crime is not investigated or is ignored because of fears of unmerited PC labelling, we are in trouble.

I had a girlfriend in the early seventies who lived in Castlecroft. I had to change buses in the town centre to get to see her. In those days it was a trial being a single white male waiting for a bus in the town on a Friday night. Not a racist statement, a simple fact. Perhaps that is why I had a modicum of sympathy with the post that started this. Perhaps you had to be there ?

Very true, your rationale reminded me of my time at Police training college in 1991. We had a series of 'lessons' on predujice both perceived and present. I had real difficulty understanding how a human being with a helmet on has to forget all of their lifes conditioning.
I was so confused that I asked the trainer this, " If I walk down a street and every time I do so I see groups of punk rockers ( told you it was 90's), those punk rockers then attack me every time, surely it is human nature and conditioning to prepare to be attacked or be aware that you will be attacked if you see another group of punk rockers in another street"
I was politely informed that I must get with the programme as a Police officer can have no prejudice towards anyone at all not even criminals??, stereotyping was a sackable offence.
When I came out of cloud cuckoo land I spent the next generation target hardening offenders by their behaviours and their known propensity to commit certain types of crimes :roll:

Anyroads up, the only way racism in football on the terraces will be curtailed is for YOU to confront it. It wont come from FIFA, EUFA, The FA or any distant bastard in a green blazer, it comes from YOUR tacit refusal to accept it. It is not somebody else's problem.
Heres a slogan FIFA can have for free, Confront or Condone, once the people accept from their peers that there inbred ignorance will not be tolerated then it will stop. Opposition fans complaining about it will only stoke the flame.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:48 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I think the bit about the Zimbabwean farmers was the clue.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

Racially abused in the final, by a Spanish player.
He just ignored him and won the game, top man

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat