Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Share On:

Author Message
 Post subject: Just Got Back! Leeds
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:28 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9554
Location: The Cotswolds
ok - well, not Just... But I have been without broadband for 4 weeks....

Wednesday was a fabulous night. What superlatives can I say the have not been said?

Apart from a couple of dodgy 5-10 minutes spells, the football we played in first half and much of second was simply breathtaking. We could have been 5 up at half time and it would not have flattered us. Leo had a couple of flashing crosses he just failed to turn in, and the lovely dink by Ivan that crawled agonisingly wide.

But the GREAT thing about THIS group of players was that having given a way back to Leeds in the first few minutes of the 2nd half they simply carried own playing their football and did NOT - as in days and years of old - start to panic, lose belief, drain confidence... and concede ground and go on to draw/lose!!

Yes - there a few times when the lovely flick of pass did not find target, and when 3 happen, the crowd start to get edgy - as Wolves crowds always do! - but we will learn to have more faith!!

And even Ruddy started to look willing to command his box and came for several crosses.

But how to give players marks? Impossible. It was just a great, great night to be a Wolves fan.

Now for the same tomorrow....

Oh - and wasn't it great to read all the incredibly complimentary stuff on the Leeds fans websites? So nice to hear genuine appreciation for a team playing the beautiful game beautifully!!

_________________
Prediction League Winner 2018-19
Prediction League Winner 2015-16


E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back!
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:37 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
Which Leeds' forums, I could do with a link or two. BTW, four weeks without Broadband, where do you live, Silverstone or outer Mongolia. Poor excuse though as IF you was a real fan, you would have driven to where there was Internet to upload you JGB report. :P :wink: :roll: :lol:

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back!
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:56 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
I must be reading the wrong Leeds United forums:-

Quote:
look, Leeds were the better team after 2-0 ... we more than matched them, some personal errors hurt us ... Lonergan very poor, Jansson miss-kick, Ronaldo red card ... these things hurt us and you can't blame Tommy because once again his team showed they are very capable ... there will be strengthening in January for sure because it's needed ... 4-1 is a totally undeserved scoreline.


Quote:
What so i can see they’ve had a few shots when they’re 4-1 up against 10 men? The stats were from the bbc site, possession even, shots roughly even and shots on target roughly even at that time.

We were back in the game and the better side in the second half according to sky at least, until we committed suicide again.


Quote:
Wolves played some great stuff at times and we were lucky 1st half, however up until the sending off we were the better side and that is impressive on our part. Unfortunately, once Vieira went we were then beaten easily by a well organised and talented side. Hard to know what to make of the game because of the sending off and multiple individual errors. Wolves were very impressed however, had we had 11 men till the end we may have got something, as it was we didnt and deservedly lost in the end.


And then, there is this:-

Quote:
Men against boys

Totally outclassed !

Long journey home as the M54 was shut for bleeding roadworks !


As I suggested elsewhere, everyone sees a different game and interprets it how they wish to do so. None of those quoted posts except the last one bear any resemblance to the parts of the game I saw and the reports I read.

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:48 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
Just thinking about the Leeds goal, if your going to concede that's the type to let in.

Very difficult to defend, excellent delivery, very good execution. Top skills.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:17 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9554
Location: The Cotswolds
But with one defender and one attacker 15 yards beyond the rest, could Douglas have either got right side of the attacker, or more simply, let the lad run offside? Or was the pass too well-timed? It was a great bas and a great strike, but not convinced we couldn't have defended it better.

Then again, I always complain when manager after manager comes on after games and always says "we conceded two poor goals" but always seems to think THEIR goals are the result of brilliant coaching and work on the training ground....

_________________
Prediction League Winner 2018-19
Prediction League Winner 2015-16


E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:52 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7903
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Just got back on a Friday, two days after the game..??? Pull the other one, SW.....I saw you ratarsed outside the Hogshead after midnight and the Old Bill escorting you away.... :lol: I saw you as I was stood outside the pub eating a kebab... 8)

A wobbly 15 mins in the second half, when I thought that 2-2 was on the cards but the sending off turned it into our game and calmed our nerves. Some of our football in that sublime first half was outstanding and we could have gone in four up, don't think they had a decent effort on target all half but they started the second far more determined and pushed us hard. Once we had more space after the red card, we capitalised clinically and deserved the win and the scoreline. How long will this last..?? I pinch myself in watching us play such wonderful football and as a Wolves fan, you expect the roof to cave in soon..that's what supporting the Wolves for nigh on 60 years does to you....

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:10 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21354
Location: Four Oaks
gladbachwolf wrote:
Just got back on a Friday, two days after the game..??? Pull the other one, SW.....I saw you ratarsed outside the Hogshead after midnight and the Old Bill escorting you away.... :lol: I saw you as I was stood outside the pub eating a kebab... 8)

A wobbly 15 mins in the second half, when I thought that 2-2 was on the cards but the sending off turned it into our game and calmed our nerves. Some of our football in that sublime first half was outstanding and we could have gone in four up, don't think they had a decent effort on target all half but they started the second far more determined and pushed us hard. Once we had more space after the red card, we capitalised clinically and deserved the win and the scoreline. How long will this last..?? I pinch myself in watching us play such wonderful football and as a Wolves fan, you expect the roof to cave in soon..that's what supporting the Wolves for nigh on 60 years does to you....


Hey Gladbach, watch out. I said much the same thing and Moscow said that I had to give myself a serious talking to in the mirror. :lol:

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:17 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21354
Location: Four Oaks
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Yes - there a few times when the lovely flick of pass did not find target, and when 3 happen, the crowd start to get edgy - as Wolves crowds always do! - but we will learn to have more faith!!


We can't help a groan when it goes wrong Silverstone, it shows we care. I'm sure most other teams supporters are the same. On the whole I think there has been great support at Molineux this season and it seems that the players are feeling that.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:28 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7903
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Left back wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:
Just got back on a Friday, two days after the game..??? Pull the other one, SW.....I saw you ratarsed outside the Hogshead after midnight and the Old Bill escorting you away.... :lol: I saw you as I was stood outside the pub eating a kebab... 8)

A wobbly 15 mins in the second half, when I thought that 2-2 was on the cards but the sending off turned it into our game and calmed our nerves. Some of our football in that sublime first half was outstanding and we could have gone in four up, don't think they had a decent effort on target all half but they started the second far more determined and pushed us hard. Once we had more space after the red card, we capitalised clinically and deserved the win and the scoreline. How long will this last..?? I pinch myself in watching us play such wonderful football and as a Wolves fan, you expect the roof to cave in soon..that's what supporting the Wolves for nigh on 60 years does to you....


Hey Gladbach, watch out. I said much the same thing and Moscow said that I had to give myself a serious talking to in the mirror. :lol:


At the age of 66, I no longer look at the mirror...apart from shaving, of course..;-)

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:45 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21354
Location: Four Oaks
gladbachwolf wrote:
At the age of 66, I no longer look at the mirror...apart from shaving, of course..;-)


I know the feeling well.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:58 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7903
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
In fact I was upstairs a few minutes ago, having that shave and a DPD driver with a parcel or two for next door ( out again, never at home when the drivers arrive for signatures).. knocked at my door asking for me to take the parcels in for Number 7..he was greeted by an irritated old fart, stripped to the waist with shaving foam all over his face...he looked rather taken aback.....( not left back).... :lol:

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:11 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
The Mirror (not Daily Mirror) don't lie. :roll:

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.