Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:56 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9525
Location: The Cotswolds
Well - another fine day. This is getting boring! It must be what watching Celtic is like.... going long KNOWING you will win....

And a fine cold day. What's with the flame throwers? I thought they were only for televised gamers? Have we bought a set for ourselves??

Lovely to see such a good crowd (28 000 of OUR supporters - a few hundred from up the M6) just before the expense of Christmas. Well done to the marketing department on some sensible offers. And well done to those who take advantage! It makes for a much better atmosphere in the ground. As a STH, I am quite happy that BIG reductions continue to be given.

Anyhow:

Ruddy - 7 - did all that was asked. A coupon flaps, but came and collected several corners/crosses. And a great ball as an assist for the 5th.
Bennett - 6 - want to see their goal again. Think it was his sloppiness. Otherwise solid, but distribution more in the Danny mould. Would be surprised if Miranda does not come back soon.
Coady - 8 - read everything superbly & tidied up calmly. Authoritative.
Boly - 8.5 - great early goal from Douglas delivery. Totally commanding. Strode forward several times. Absolutely magisterial!
Doherty - 7 - another fine performance. His skills have improved 100% under Nuno
Neves - 8 - commanded midfield with customary grace and hard work.
Saiss - 8 - huge contribution - continued to work socks off even when game well won.
Douglas - 8 - still a bit worried defensively (several times others had to cover him when beaten), but such a great delivery...
Cavaleiro - 9 - just gets better and better. Clearly ENJOYING his football, and tries the outrageous just to see if he can... Great performance. In danger of becoming a real hero!
jota - 8 - another fin performance. Feisty exchanges with Wheater et al. Convinced he would be subbed before being sent off, but kept him on throughout. (Think he could have done with a rest too... But I suppose 9 days to recover!)

Subs - predictable and worthy. (N'Daye, Costa & Vinaigre)

Nuno sent to stands along with Parkinson after a bust up over (yet another) dreadful foul on Jota. When will refs learn?? Bookings for pulls and nudges, and nothing for chopping people down, and kicks on shins, calves etc. Was this the same ref as Cardiff?? Seemed so. Dreadful performance. If he had booked the people he should have, Nuno would not have been sent off. And how come the guy who chopped Saiss from behind for the penalty was not booked? Wasn't 1-1 with the keeper a reasonable goal-scoring opportunity???

Some great entertaining play - as always - and so many balls that SO NEARLY came off and led to many more chances. It really is great fun watching players genuinely enjoy playing this try of football. The dressing room and training ground must be very happy places. Long may it last!!

_________________
Prediction League Winner 2018-19
Prediction League Winner 2015-16


E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back - 2
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:02 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7854
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Most coupons come with flaps..:-)

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back - 2
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:56 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 14672
Location: My mind's eye
Ahem Bonatini Silver? :wink:

_________________
Say no to hoof!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back - 2
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:23 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21330
Location: Four Oaks
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Ahem Bonatini Silver? :wink:


Well Bonatini just did what Bonatini does. Ran his socks off, held it up well, made some great runs taking defenders away and got in the right place to score a goal.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back - 2
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:39 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 14672
Location: My mind's eye
Left back wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Ahem Bonatini Silver? :wink:


Well Bonatini just did what Bonatini does. Ran his socks off, held it up well, made some great runs taking defenders away and got in the right place to score a goal.


Nice, almost as good as Leon Clarke ay he :shock: Christ knows what has happened with him, looks a different player this season!

So so happy to beat this shower of shit and beat them well, Brummagem look shite as well despite the draw at Blades, hopefully we smash em live on sky so all the world can see we are the real deal

_________________
Say no to hoof!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back - 2
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:18 am 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:40 pm
Posts: 2912
I think there is a spirit, commitment and togetherness instilled in this team that has been lacking for decades and there was one incident that summed it up perfectly.

Towards the end of the game Boly, slightly needlessly, conceded a corner and his demeanour was that of a player who'd just lost us the game with an own goal, so much so that Coady actually consoled him as he took his position to defend the corner.

To have players of such ability so committed to the cause is a joy to behold.

_________________
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back - 2
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:34 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21330
Location: Four Oaks
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Left back wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Ahem Bonatini Silver? :wink:


Well Bonatini just did what Bonatini does. Ran his socks off, held it up well, made some great runs taking defenders away and got in the right place to score a goal.


Nice, almost as good as Leon Clarke ay he :shock: Christ knows what has happened with him, looks a different player this season!

So so happy to beat this shower of shit and beat them well, Brummagem look shite as well despite the draw at Blades, hopefully we smash em live on sky so all the world can see we are the real deal


He does look different. I reckon he's a stone lighter than when he was last with us. Perhaps someone has managed him properly, either that or Moscow got him to give himself a good talking to in the mirror.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back - 2
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:38 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25178
Location: Cannock.
woodwolf wrote:
I think there is a spirit, commitment and togetherness instilled in this team that has been lacking for decades and there was one incident that summed it up perfectly.

Towards the end of the game Boly, slightly needlessly, conceded a corner and his demeanour was that of a player who'd just lost us the game with an own goal, so much so that Coady actually consoled him as he took his position to defend the corner.

To have players of such ability so committed to the cause is a joy to behold.


Good point.

Players and staff coming to the club with the ability to have and create the right mentality.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back - 2
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:53 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16887
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
woodwolf wrote:
I think there is a spirit, commitment and togetherness instilled in this team that has been lacking for decades and there was one incident that summed it up perfectly.

Towards the end of the game Boly, slightly needlessly, conceded a corner and his demeanour was that of a player who'd just lost us the game with an own goal, so much so that Coady actually consoled him as he took his position to defend the corner.

To have players of such ability so committed to the cause is a joy to behold.


Good point.

Players and staff coming to the club with the ability to have and create the right mentality.


It's called leadership mate. I honestly believe we could lose some of our "Stars" and still be right up there fighting. ..........As long as we keep this manager.

What a bloody joy to have a man with his feet on the ground, believes in the "Team" gets the best out of ALL his players ( Just look at Coady) and when interviewed is humble and makes it all about Wolverhampton Wanderers. The best in my lifetime

_________________
The two most potent post-war orthodoxies--socialist politics and modernist art--have at least one feature in common: they are bothforms of snobbery, the anti-bourgeois snobbery of people convinced of their right to dictate to the common man in the name of the common man.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:39 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:58 pm
Posts: 7819
Location: West Berks Wolf den
Well after all the fuss in the summer about strikers it just goes to show, build a great team and goals will come from all over the pitch as has been proved time and again this season. This squad is about the team ethic with players passing to one another in front of goal to create nailed on certainties. It looks like Leo is going to be the 20 goal a season striker and Jota and Cavaleiro may well be close behind. We ooze so much quality that when we are scoring 4 or 5 I am feeling genuinely disappointed that we haven't scored more. Yesterdays performance was a demonstration in the gulf of class between a top side and a bang average lower Championship team that is on a winning streak but has been terribly mismatched to face us in the same league. To call themselves Wanderers is a brazen attempt to flatter themselves and advertise in the shop window with something they clearly do not possess in the shop.

_________________
Image
When I awoke, the dire wolf, six hundred pounds of sin, Was grinning at my window, all I said was come on in.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
Mowgli wrote:
Well after all the fuss in the summer about strikers it just goes to show, build a great team and goals will come from all over the pitch as has been proved time and again this season. This squad is about the team ethic with players passing to one another in front of goal to create nailed on certainties. It looks like Leo is going to be the 20 goal a season striker and Jota and Cavaleiro may well be close behind. We ooze so much quality that when we are scoring 4 or 5 I am feeling genuinely disappointed that we haven't scored more. Yesterdays performance was a demonstration in the gulf of class between a top side and a bang average lower Championship team that is on a winning streak but has been terribly mismatched to face us in the same league. To call themselves Wanderers is a brazen attempt to flatter themselves and advertise in the shop window with something they clearly do not possess in the shop.


They're about as good as we were when Karl Henry was our Captain. :roll: :wink:

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back - 2
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:53 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9525
Location: The Cotswolds
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Ahem Bonatini Silver? :wink:


HUGE apologies to one and all - and to Mr Bonatini in particular.

How could I miss him? I was waxing lyrical about yet another impeccable performance from him all the way home! He epitomises all that is good about this team. He seems humble. He works his socks off to make the most of his talents. He appears in the right place at the right time. He works to improve his weaknesses. And he is all about the TEAM not any personal ambition to win the golden boot.

Hats off to Leo - and another '8+' performance!

_________________
Prediction League Winner 2018-19
Prediction League Winner 2015-16


E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.

cron