Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Now I know that most of us dream about a good FA Cup run and I do recall, Mr. Fister moaning about the lack of it in the past.....

However, my question is this, how far would you want to see us go in this competition at the sake of finishing 20 points clear (for example) at the top of the Chump League?

I would like us to beat Swansea, but hope that if we do, we are drawn away at some top Premier League club where we show our strengths, but lose by the odd goal. I want all of our attention and determination in winning this league by the biggest margin on record and forget the Cup for now......

Discuss (if you feel the urge to do so). ?

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

I want us to go for it. It's a competition worth winning and we have a competitive side lets give it a good bash like the league cup. But this time when we start to get big sides I want a home draw.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:09 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

Focus on the Chump.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:57 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I'd love to see us win something, the Champ title was great, Lge 1 was nice but they ay proper trophies, winning the FA Cup isn't a realistic target but the cup is all about dreams, I think I'd cry if we won the cup.

Winning breeds success, keeping the momentum going is important and I wouldn't want a loss to Swansea reserves to put a dent in the good feel around the place right now, look how the result at Man City gave everyone a lift, cup runs tend to breed confidence in the fans and the team.

A bit contradictory but a few of our players look like they could do with a little rest so we will probably field our reserves and I'm OK with that but a nice cup run to compliment the great league form would be lovely

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:10 pm 
First XI
First XI

The short cup run last year was a breath of fresh air considering the rest of the season. It was the most fun I had watching the club in a while.

While the league is our priority, I would take a run to the quarters even if it cost us a few points in the league. We show no signs of slowing down so I don’t think it would hurt our league chances other than maybe setting a record for points in the division.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:18 am 

I want the points record to lord it over the sh*t down the road.

They have had enough of the bragging rights.

Screw the Cup imo. :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:39 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
I want the points record to lord it over the sh*t down the road.

They have had enough of the bragging rights.

Screw the Cup imo. :lol:

Champions with the points record would go very nicely with our Div 1 record.
Play the team that played MC and see what happens.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:31 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

With all the talk of winter, burn out and tiredness I note Nuno picks the same team and they keep winning.

I expect he will try out some peripherals but the same nucleus will play in the cup.

I expect to win the championship with 121 points and also win the cup and sell Danny Batth for 10 million. Ay much to ask.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

Micky Mouse Cup. Let`s concentrate on getting back to where we belong.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
I'd love to see us win something, the Champ title was great, Lge 1 was nice but they ay proper trophies, winning the FA Cup isn't a realistic target but the cup is all about dreams, I think I'd cry if we won the cup.

Winning breeds success, keeping the momentum going is important and I wouldn't want a loss to Swansea reserves to put a dent in the good feel around the place right now, look how the result at Man City gave everyone a lift, cup runs tend to breed confidence in the fans and the team.

A bit contradictory but a few of our players look like they could do with a little rest so we will probably field our reserves and I'm OK with that but a nice cup run to compliment the great league form would be lovely

i couldn't agree more, the whole concentrate on the league thing is just sour grapes IMO.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:09 pm 

How is the League Championship Trophy not a proper trophy? :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

whelp wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

i couldn't agree more, the whole concentrate on the league thing is just sour grapes IMO.

Blame Sky and the EPL for making promotion to the EPL the holy grail of modern-day football and diminishing the importance of the FA Cup.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
whelp wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Blame Sky and the EPL for making promotion to the EPL the holy grail of modern-day football and diminishing the importance of the FA Cup.

Putting the 3rd round so soon after such a busy Christmas period is what kills it imo.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:24 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Everton, Liverpool and Man U all put out strong teams tonight

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Everton, Liverpool and Man U all put out strong teams tonight

They need a back door into Europe - perhaps. :!: :?:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:20 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
How is the League Championship Trophy not a proper trophy? :lol:

I haven't seen us win the league championship, I've seen us win the second division championship :wink:

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

It seems that the magic of the FA Cup ain't working for the Fans; just look at some of the attendances today. Villa, Brum, Coventry and even us compared to a league game.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
It seems that the magic of the FA Cup ain't working for the Fans; just look at some of the attendances today. Villa, Brum, Coventry and even us compared to a league game.

Nearly 23,000 is an excellent attendance for the third round.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:06 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Agreed. Swans only brought a few hundred. We would have been happy with 23k for a League crowd only a few months ago!

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat