Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:42 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
Just thought that ONE thread could be useful so we all know where to find what is being rumoured and what has any potential basis of fact behind it.

Just read this on the BBC and first time I am seeing it even it is covered in other threads which seem to have more fact on Curry Houses than players coming in. :roll: :wink:

Lewis Grabban

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:26 am 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11894
Location: Wolverhampton
On this day in 2008...

https://mobile.twitter.com/wolves/statu ... ToFacebook

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:47 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19014
Location: WV4 and WL4
Linked with...

Brazilian left-back Alex Telles at Porto

Portuguese midfielder Andre Gomes at Barcelona

Portuguese striker Andre Silva at AC Milan

Oddly enough, we're not being inked with any players at Fleetwood Town, Arbroath or Bohemians.

Now start googling Moscow, and seeing as you've started this rumours thread, I expect daily updates from YOU, in a Tim Spiers stylee :wink:

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:16 am 
Online
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:32 pm
Posts: 9119
Location: Raaahhhhhhley
wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
On this day in 2008...

https://mobile.twitter.com/wolves/statu ... ToFacebook

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


glad they got that Charlton goal in. quality

_________________
Money cannot buy this round......
defended like beavers - Kamara 2009
there used to be a thing called 'natural selection' but its been stopped by 'health and safety'
www.vwcaddy.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:24 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34750
Location: S E London, near Kent
whelp wrote:
wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
On this day in 2008...

https://mobile.twitter.com/wolves/statu ... ToFacebook

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


glad they got that Charlton goal in. quality

8) :wink:

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:58 pm
Posts: 7807
Location: West Berks Wolf den
Made an enquiry for James Maddison??? - Now that would put a cat among the canaries at Norwich

_________________
Image
When I awoke, the dire wolf, six hundred pounds of sin, Was grinning at my window, all I said was come on in.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:09 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11409
Mowgli wrote:
Made an enquiry for James Maddison??? - Now that would put a cat among the canaries at Norwich


Wasn't he the lad who spent the whole game at theirs falling on to the floor to win cheap freekicks?

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:40 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 4598
shropswolf wrote:
Mowgli wrote:
Made an enquiry for James Maddison??? - Now that would put a cat among the canaries at Norwich


Wasn't he the lad who spent the whole game at theirs falling on to the floor to win cheap freekicks?


Yes. BUT he's probably the 2nd best midfielder in the league behind Neves. Problem is they've just agreed to sell Pritchard to Huddersfield so I can't see them wanting to sell their other midfielder too?

The main Norwich forum is in meltdown over selling Pritchard for not much more than they paid for him. I can only imagine what would happen if they sold Maddison too :shock:

Not to mention, I doubt we'd spend as much as it would take to get him tbh. Especially if Prem clubs are sniffing.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:59 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 4598
Villa's owner just Tweeted about us...

https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia/status/9 ... 9287138304

Kinda weird to see a rival owner say that publicly (especially worded like this).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:05 pm 
Online
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:32 pm
Posts: 9119
Location: Raaahhhhhhley
SpaceMonkey wrote:
Villa's owner just Tweeted about us...

https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia/status/9 ... 9287138304

Kinda weird to see a rival owner say that publicly (especially worded like this).


the wording could be a bit of Naive English, given that its not his native language.

nothing snide said though, seemed like an admission of 'fair play, well done guys'

as you say Mr Monkey, very odd.

_________________
Money cannot buy this round......
defended like beavers - Kamara 2009
there used to be a thing called 'natural selection' but its been stopped by 'health and safety'
www.vwcaddy.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:32 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
SpaceMonkey wrote:
Villa's owner just Tweeted about us...

https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia/status/9 ... 9287138304

Kinda weird to see a rival owner say that publicly (especially worded like this).


I'm not convinced that that is a genuine Twitter account, but it made me Loff so, I'll take it for what it is. :wink:

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:39 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
Embers wrote:
Linked with...

Brazilian left-back Alex Telles at Porto

Portuguese midfielder Andre Gomes at Barcelona

Portuguese striker Andre Silva at AC Milan

Oddly enough, we're not being inked with any players at Fleetwood Town, Arbroath or Bohemians.

Now start googling Moscow, and seeing as you've started this rumours thread, I expect daily updates from YOU, in a Tim Spiers stylee :wink:


I genuinely haven't got the time nowadays as my Wife is working 8-10 hours per day preparing for her new Russian School Teaching term and I am outside 6-8 hours per day with the Woolie Gits. The weather is shite, pissing down all day and I didn't have the right gear on and was trying to build a shelter before the Woolie Gits decided to go roaming about. I could feel myself starting to shiver and was subbed by the Missus for an hour so I could warm up and get into dry clothes and waterproofs to continue my stag.

From now until March, I am going to be mainly on my own for 4 days per week so need to get my act into gear unless of course, I get some Workaway to come and help. :roll:

So, I can only pass on what I see on the BBC Football page in the mornings or evenings. :wink:

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:39 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11409
Moscow Wolf wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:
Villa's owner just Tweeted about us...

https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia/status/9 ... 9287138304

Kinda weird to see a rival owner say that publicly (especially worded like this).


I'm not convinced that that is a genuine Twitter account, but it made me Loff so, I'll take it for what it is. :wink:


The blue tick beside the name indicates that the account has been verified.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:56 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 4598
Moscow Wolf wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:
Villa's owner just Tweeted about us...

https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia/status/9 ... 9287138304

Kinda weird to see a rival owner say that publicly (especially worded like this).


I'm not convinced that that is a genuine Twitter account, but it made me Loff so, I'll take it for what it is. :wink:


Oh it is him. He loves to tweet. I know fans like to see club owners communicate more, but he seems to be a bit too chatty given his position.

Why would a person open himself up to the constant, direct criticism (lets face it, football fans are emotionally stunted at the best of times) that Twitter brings is beyond me too.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:37 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19014
Location: WV4 and WL4
Moscow Wolf wrote:
I genuinely haven't got the time nowadays as my Wife is working 8-10 hours per day preparing for her new Russian School Teaching term and I am outside 6-8 hours per day with the Woolie Gits. The weather is shite, pissing down all day and I didn't have the right gear on and was trying to build a shelter before the Woolie Gits decided to go roaming about. I could feel myself starting to shiver and was subbed by the Missus for an hour so I could warm up and get into dry clothes and waterproofs to continue my stag.

From now until March, I am going to be mainly on my own for 4 days per week so need to get my act into gear unless of course, I get some Workaway to come and help. :roll:

So, I can only pass on what I see on the BBC Football page in the mornings or evenings. :wink:


Fook me chap, what happened to all that survival training? Schoolboy stuff not having the right gear on :lol:

If the missus bins me off in a shock move, I'll come over and do some graft, providing that you have a plentiful supply of Merlot in return.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:53 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
Embers wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
I genuinely haven't got the time nowadays as my Wife is working 8-10 hours per day preparing for her new Russian School Teaching term and I am outside 6-8 hours per day with the Woolie Gits. The weather is shite, pissing down all day and I didn't have the right gear on and was trying to build a shelter before the Woolie Gits decided to go roaming about. I could feel myself starting to shiver and was subbed by the Missus for an hour so I could warm up and get into dry clothes and waterproofs to continue my stag.

From now until March, I am going to be mainly on my own for 4 days per week so need to get my act into gear unless of course, I get some Workaway to come and help. :roll:

So, I can only pass on what I see on the BBC Football page in the mornings or evenings. :wink:


Fook me chap, what happened to all that survival training? Schoolboy stuff not having the right gear on :lol:

If the missus bins me off in a shock move, I'll come over and do some graft, providing that you have a plentiful supply of Merlot in return.


Yeap, even old school can get it wrong sometimes, but I did have a back-up plan and was only metres away from a warm INDOOR fire. With 98% humidity today, it would have taken Bear Grylls and a team of Special Forces with flame throwers to have got an outdoor fire going, I could have done it, but the time and energy spent, just don't add up.

It's coming along, today, I understood I am now the Sheep Whisperer and put my RAM into a trance without touching his private bits. :roll:

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:57 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23488
Location: Cannock.
Latest from Portugal.

Braga want Miranda but Nuno said no deal at the moment.

This situation could change because Jorge Mendes part owns at least one very good Braga player.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:50 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 3642
knocker knowles wrote:
Latest from Portugal.

Braga want Miranda but Nuno said no deal at the moment.

This situation could change because Jorge Mendes part owns at least one very good Braga player.


So Mendes tells Nuno whats what then ?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:26 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm
Posts: 8604
Jorge Mendes was at Barnsley today, and so was Guo Guangchang.
Something may be happening.
Just saying. 8)

_________________
http://www.rugusavay.com/wp-content/upl ... otes-2.jpg


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:29 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19014
Location: WV4 and WL4
warn wrote:
Jorge Mendes was at Barnsley today, and so was Guo Guangchang.
Something may be happening.
Just saying. 8)


What thinkest thou warn? Pray tell.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:45 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9020
Location: The Cotswolds
Interesting. Would they have been impressed? With following, certainly. Result?? Performance?

I suppose it showed them that even a team 'running away with the league' can be improved, and without it, well-coached teams can nullify us....

As you say - it seems like a 'gathering of the bosses' with Nuno, Jeff, Jorge & Guo all in the same place at the same time..... And Barnsley is hardly the 'fixture of choice' for a venue, unless they want to talk about transfer window stuff....

_________________
E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:08 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm
Posts: 8604
Embers wrote:
warn wrote:
Jorge Mendes was at Barnsley today, and so was Guo Guangchang.
Something may be happening.
Just saying. 8)


What thinkest thou warn? Pray tell.


Can't see why they would both be at the match unless there is some potential movement in the transfer market. Who or how many is anybody's guess although I would think we are looking to bring in two or three.
Maybe permanent deals for one or two of players on loan making room for a loan to come in.

Price and Evans have gone, Deslandes, Ronan, and Wilson are on loan and there are rumours that Marshall, Miranda and Zyro have attracted attention, and that Bright. Hause and even Norris could be loaned out.

Can't see the last three to be honest, but it would leave our squad short, and I can't see the management risking that at this time in the season.

How about a right-back, midfielder, an attacking midfielder who could play a forward role, and a forward or maybe two if we don't get the AM?

_________________
http://www.rugusavay.com/wp-content/upl ... otes-2.jpg


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:27 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19014
Location: WV4 and WL4
warn wrote:
Embers wrote:
warn wrote:
Jorge Mendes was at Barnsley today, and so was Guo Guangchang.
Something may be happening.
Just saying. 8)


What thinkest thou warn? Pray tell.


Can't see why they would both be at the match unless there is some potential movement in the transfer market. Who or how many is anybody's guess although I would think we are looking to bring in two or three.
Maybe permanent deals for one or two of players on loan making room for a loan to come in.

Price and Evans have gone, Deslandes, Ronan, and Wilson are on loan and there are rumours that Marshall, Miranda and Zyro have attracted attention, and that Bright. Hause and even Norris could be loaned out.

Can't see the last three to be honest, but it would leave our squad short, and I can't see the management risking that at this time in the season.

How about a right-back, midfielder, an attacking midfielder who could play a forward role, and a forward or maybe two if we don't get the AM?


Gotcha. I guess that they've seen our position, and realise that this is too good an opportunity to miss. My God it feels good to have owners who are being proactive and intent on making things happen.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:40 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 20689
Location: Four Oaks
Embers wrote:
My God it feels good to have owners who are being proactive and intent on making things happen.


Perhaps Mr Morgan or Mr Moxey left them a blueprint of how to do it in a desk drawer. :wink:

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:46 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19014
Location: WV4 and WL4
Left back wrote:
Embers wrote:
My God it feels good to have owners who are being proactive and intent on making things happen.


Perhaps Mr Morgan or Mr Moxey left them a blueprint of how to do it in a desk drawer. :wink:


I imagine they found a "All the money is gone, good luck!" letter, or maybe an etched 'JEZ WOZ ERE' inscription.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:38 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23488
Location: Cannock.
Jorge Mendes called this players transfer off yesterday, he was due to return to a Mexican club on loan from Benfica.

Striker. 1.2 million loan fee rejected.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raúl_Jiménez


Raúl Alonso Jiménez Rodríguez (born 5 May 1991) is a Mexican professional footballer who plays as a forward for Portuguese club Benfica and the Mexico national team.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:51 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34750
Location: S E London, near Kent
knocker knowles wrote:
Jorge Mendes called this players transfer off yesterday, he was due to return to a Mexican club on loan from Benfica.

Striker. 1.2 million loan fee rejected.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raúl_Jiménez


Raúl Alonso Jiménez Rodríguez (born 5 May 1991) is a Mexican professional footballer who plays as a forward for Portuguese club Benfica and the Mexico national team.

If that's a picture of him then the oppo fans will have a field day. I can't see him fitting in either unless the sun shines out of his arse.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:03 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 4427
Location: Staffordshire
SELWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Jorge Mendes called this players transfer off yesterday, he was due to return to a Mexican club on loan from Benfica.

Striker. 1.2 million loan fee rejected.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raúl_Jiménez


Raúl Alonso Jiménez Rodríguez (born 5 May 1991) is a Mexican professional footballer who plays as a forward for Portuguese club Benfica and the Mexico national team.

If that's a picture of him then the oppo fans will have a field day. I can't see him fitting in either unless the sun shines out of his arse.


:mrgreen:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:23 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9020
Location: The Cotswolds
SELWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Jorge Mendes called this players transfer off yesterday, he was due to return to a Mexican club on loan from Benfica.

Striker. 1.2 million loan fee rejected.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raúl_Jiménez


Raúl Alonso Jiménez Rodríguez (born 5 May 1991) is a Mexican professional footballer who plays as a forward for Portuguese club Benfica and the Mexico national team.

If that's a picture of him then the oppo fans will have a field day. I can't see him fitting in either unless the sun shines out of his arse.


Priceless!

_________________
E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
This Mexican was previously linked to Liverpool, Everton and WHU...for around £20m
Was Goncalves left out of the Benfica squad?

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.