Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:36 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I've not had the benefit of seeing Bonatini in the flesh but he comes across as 'not particularly pacey', Afobe on the other hand looks rapid which will be an asset to us.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:21 pm 
First XI
First XI

wolfman169 wrote:
I've not had the benefit of seeing Bonatini in the flesh but he comes across as 'not particularly pacey', Afobe on the other hand looks rapid which will be an asset to us.

Afobe can also head a ball, a skill that is something our other forward players do not possess to any great degree. This will give us more potency in the air.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

wolfman169 wrote:

Agree about bonatini

I'd be surprised if he succeeded at the next level

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42924016

https://twitter.com/sportbbcwm/status/9 ... 7004685317

I dare any one to read and listen to that and not get behind him.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42924016

https://twitter.com/sportbbcwm/status/9 ... 7004685317

I dare any one to read and listen to that and not get behind him.

I reckon that it's an indication that water has flowed under the bridge and he wants to return to do his best. That's fine by me.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:12 am 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Good for him. Said many good things. He apparently hd Premier options but once Wolves expressed interest said he wanted to come back.

Also thanked Eddie Howe. Apparently Howe did not want him to go, but recognised that Afobe really wanted to return & rebuild career, and Howe phoned him and said "OK - I don't want you to go, but recognise it is in your best interests and that is what you want to do, so don't want to stand in your way".

If that is true - well done Eddie for putting player's interests first, and recognising an unhappy player is not going to be terribly useful....

I was always a bit unsure, but think now that he has a great opportunity to bang a few in. He won't be a shoe-in, but will get regular appearances alongside Jota, Cav, Bonatini, Costa, etc....

The juices flow!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:42 am 
Manager
Manager

At the end of the day the lad's been a bit of an onion.

Many layers have been peeled off and we've now reached the "tears" stage.

Time for him to show his true colours, and shut the doubters up with performances on the park.

All the talk should now be about his future. The good news is it's in his hands, all the sticks and stones mean bugger all, the lad is only bloody 24 !!!! He is talented and will shine for our team as long as his head's in the right place. Bin all the negative shit and give him a chance.

Welcome to an exciting addition to our team.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:46 am 
Manager
Manager

Really interested in how Nuno uses the lad and if he has the intelligence to adapt.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:27 am 

chriskamara wrote:
wolfman169 wrote:

Agree about bonatini

While important, pace is not essential. Teddy sherringham did pretty well at a pretty high level despite being slower than Leo. Dont write him off - he is an intelligent footballer who links play extremely well. Has adapted to this league; why not Prem?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

Its magic you know, Benik Afobe's back home

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:38 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Its magic you know, Benik Afobe's back home

For a short time during the match it was "Jota, Afobe, Leo"

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
chriskamara wrote:
wolfman169 wrote:

Agree about bonatini

While important, pace is not essential. Teddy sherringham did pretty well at a pretty high level despite being slower than Leo. Dont write him off - he is an intelligent footballer who links play extremely well. Has adapted to this league; why not Prem?

I knew someone would reply with Sheringham

I might be a bit unfair on bonatini but I've got stars in my eyes after watching us this season

I'm dreaming of a top class forward or two next season, 20 goals plus. That's what I see as succeeding at the next level with us. Unrealistic maybe but who knows? With our money and connections maybe we can dare to dream

(I doubt bonatini will be here but time will tell)

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

It seems to me that many fans expect Benik Afobe to just return to what he was doing before.
It aint going to happen.

This will be his first full week of learning the system, and an opportunity for both Benik and Nuno to work out if he can fit.

Can he fit into a fluent front three where teamwork through intelligence is key.

He may not start many games, maybe a handful and be primarily an insurance policy.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
It seems to me that many fans expect Benik Afobe to just return to what he was doing before.
It aint going to happen.

This will be his first full week of learning the system, and an opportunity for both Benik and Nuno to work out if he can fit.

Can he fit into a fluent front three where teamwork through intelligence is key.

He may not start many games, maybe a handful and be primarily an insurance policy.

Meaning what exactly? He came on, ran around, got on the end of balls and nearly scored - what do you expect him to do that he doesn't do already?

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:51 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
It aint going to happen.

Meaning what exactly? He came on, ran around, got on the end of balls and nearly scored - what do you expect him to do that he doesn't do already?

Insurance policy - three factors Injury, loss of form and the unknown.

I want him to show he can fit into the system, being multi dimensional and smart rather than one dimensional and just playing off the shoulder of the last defender.

He has four months to get with the program.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:37 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
It aint going to happen.

Insurance policy - three factors Injury, loss of form and the unknown.

I want him to show he can fit into the system, being multi dimensional and smart rather than one dimensional and just playing off the shoulder of the last defender.

He has four months to get with the program.

Sometimes you need somebody who is just "different". A somewhat more traditional forward ( one) will pull defences one way or another creating yet more space for our fabulous few. All good.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:42 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I thought he came on and gave us something different, we played with 2 forwards and he was a presence in the box, we could have our plan B now with Afobe here if the rotation of Cav/Costa and Jota isn't working

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:41 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
I thought he came on and gave us something different, we played with 2 forwards and he was a presence in the box, we could have our plan B now with Afobe here if the rotation of Cav/Costa and Jota isn't working

I think his starting positions will be deeper and to the right of centre within that forward three rotation.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:38 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

I think his starting positions will be deeper and to the right of centre within that forward three rotation.

I don't think he will be a starter, Nuno seems to have settled on Cav/Jota/Helder, and Bonatini will be ahead of Afobe in the pecking order

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

I don't think he will be a starter, Nuno seems to have settled on Cav/Jota/Helder, and Bonatini will be ahead of Afobe in the pecking order

If so he's a great player to have to come on and rip defences to shreds with his speed and skill.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:28 am 
Manager
Manager

He tried so hard yesterday, everyone wants him to score.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:24 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

Yet again showing all the potential in the world. Fantastic support for him both on and off the pitch.

Over to you mate. Calm down and SCORE

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:54 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

Yet again showing all the potential in the world. Fantastic support for him both on and off the pitch.

Probably trying too hard, but once he gets one, more will follow. Any road, how was the match-day experience for Team Gingo?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

Probably trying too hard, but once he gets one, more will follow. Any road, how was the match-day experience for Team Gingo?

My father loved it.. All the folk around him were fantastic. Can't beat Wolverhampton kindness

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:38 am 
Manager
Manager

F"]He tried so hard yesterday, everyone wants him to score.[/quote]

Over to you mate. Calm down and SCORE[/quote]

Probably trying too hard, but once he gets one, more will follow. Any road, how was the match-day experience for Team Gingo?[/quote]

My father loved it.. All the folk around him were fantastic. Can't beat Wolverhampton kindness[/quote]

Good to hear, I thought of him when Wolves scored those early goals, and you dropping the coffee cup.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I thought of him when Wolves scored those early goals, and you dropping the coffee cup.

..and his hip flask :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
I thought of him when Wolves scored those early goals, and you dropping the coffee cup.

..and his hip flask :lol:

Hip replacement

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:43 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

Trying hard won't ever get you anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fFnSRKUBFU

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:41 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

I don't think Wolves will be interested in buying Afobe for what Bournmouth would want.
I've only seen the games we have played on TV,but I just can't see the Afobe I remember
fitting in with what Nuno would want.
It was remarked to me recently that if we were where we were last season Afobe would not
be with us now,I think that could well be the case.
I think his future will lay elsewhere,wherever it is,I wish him well.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

Trying hard won't ever get you anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fFnSRKUBFU

PMSL :mrgreen:

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat