Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:36 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:16 pm
Posts: 18711
Location: exeter
I've not had the benefit of seeing Bonatini in the flesh but he comes across as 'not particularly pacey', Afobe on the other hand looks rapid which will be an asset to us.

_________________
FOREVER GOLD


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:21 pm 
Offline
First XI
First XI
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:52 am
Posts: 1789
Location: Wolverhampton
wolfman169 wrote:
I've not had the benefit of seeing Bonatini in the flesh but he comes across as 'not particularly pacey', Afobe on the other hand looks rapid which will be an asset to us.


Afobe can also head a ball, a skill that is something our other forward players do not possess to any great degree. This will give us more potency in the air.

_________________
My son - Wolves through and through. The best part of my life is going to the match with him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:53 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:37 am
Posts: 5524
wolfman169 wrote:
I've not had the benefit of seeing Bonatini in the flesh but he comes across as 'not particularly pacey', Afobe on the other hand looks rapid which will be an asset to us.


Agree about bonatini

I'd be surprised if he succeeded at the next level

_________________
Out of darkness cometh a chink of light


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:44 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 4574
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42924016

https://twitter.com/sportbbcwm/status/9 ... 7004685317

I dare any one to read and listen to that and not get behind him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:00 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34528
Location: S E London, near Kent
SpaceMonkey wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42924016

https://twitter.com/sportbbcwm/status/9 ... 7004685317

I dare any one to read and listen to that and not get behind him.


I reckon that it's an indication that water has flowed under the bridge and he wants to return to do his best. That's fine by me.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:12 am 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 8738
Location: The Cotswolds
Good for him. Said many good things. He apparently hd Premier options but once Wolves expressed interest said he wanted to come back.

Also thanked Eddie Howe. Apparently Howe did not want him to go, but recognised that Afobe really wanted to return & rebuild career, and Howe phoned him and said "OK - I don't want you to go, but recognise it is in your best interests and that is what you want to do, so don't want to stand in your way".

If that is true - well done Eddie for putting player's interests first, and recognising an unhappy player is not going to be terribly useful....

I was always a bit unsure, but think now that he has a great opportunity to bang a few in. He won't be a shoe-in, but will get regular appearances alongside Jota, Cav, Bonatini, Costa, etc....

The juices flow!

_________________
E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:42 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15337
Location: Moved
At the end of the day the lad's been a bit of an onion.

Many layers have been peeled off and we've now reached the "tears" stage.

Time for him to show his true colours, and shut the doubters up with performances on the park.

All the talk should now be about his future. The good news is it's in his hands, all the sticks and stones mean bugger all, the lad is only bloody 24 !!!! He is talented and will shine for our team as long as his head's in the right place. Bin all the negative shit and give him a chance.

Welcome to an exciting addition to our team.

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 22668
Location: Cannock.
Really interested in how Nuno uses the lad and if he has the intelligence to adapt.

_________________
he first twenty years of life contain the whole of experience. The rest is observation. Graham Greene

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:27 am 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 8738
Location: The Cotswolds
chriskamara wrote:
wolfman169 wrote:
I've not had the benefit of seeing Bonatini in the flesh but he comes across as 'not particularly pacey', Afobe on the other hand looks rapid which will be an asset to us.


Agree about bonatini

I'd be surprised if he succeeded at the next level


While important, pace is not essential. Teddy sherringham did pretty well at a pretty high level despite being slower than Leo. Dont write him off - he is an intelligent footballer who links play extremely well. Has adapted to this league; why not Prem?

_________________
E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:44 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
Its magic you know, Benik Afobe's back home

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:38 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 20461
Location: Four Oaks
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Its magic you know, Benik Afobe's back home


For a short time during the match it was "Jota, Afobe, Leo"

_________________
The next level awaits - Euros now


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:45 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:37 am
Posts: 5524
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
chriskamara wrote:
wolfman169 wrote:
I've not had the benefit of seeing Bonatini in the flesh but he comes across as 'not particularly pacey', Afobe on the other hand looks rapid which will be an asset to us.


Agree about bonatini

I'd be surprised if he succeeded at the next level


While important, pace is not essential. Teddy sherringham did pretty well at a pretty high level despite being slower than Leo. Dont write him off - he is an intelligent footballer who links play extremely well. Has adapted to this league; why not Prem?


I knew someone would reply with Sheringham

I might be a bit unfair on bonatini but I've got stars in my eyes after watching us this season

I'm dreaming of a top class forward or two next season, 20 goals plus. That's what I see as succeeding at the next level with us. Unrealistic maybe but who knows? With our money and connections maybe we can dare to dream

(I doubt bonatini will be here but time will tell)

_________________
Out of darkness cometh a chink of light


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:07 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 22668
Location: Cannock.
It seems to me that many fans expect Benik Afobe to just return to what he was doing before.
It aint going to happen.

This will be his first full week of learning the system, and an opportunity for both Benik and Nuno to work out if he can fit.

Can he fit into a fluent front three where teamwork through intelligence is key.

He may not start many games, maybe a handful and be primarily an insurance policy.

_________________
he first twenty years of life contain the whole of experience. The rest is observation. Graham Greene

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:11 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
knocker knowles wrote:
It seems to me that many fans expect Benik Afobe to just return to what he was doing before.
It aint going to happen.

This will be his first full week of learning the system, and an opportunity for both Benik and Nuno to work out if he can fit.

Can he fit into a fluent front three where teamwork through intelligence is key.

He may not start many games, maybe a handful and be primarily an insurance policy.


Meaning what exactly? He came on, ran around, got on the end of balls and nearly scored - what do you expect him to do that he doesn't do already?

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:51 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 22668
Location: Cannock.
Moscow Wolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
It seems to me that many fans expect Benik Afobe to just return to what he was doing before.
It aint going to happen.

This will be his first full week of learning the system, and an opportunity for both Benik and Nuno to work out if he can fit.

Can he fit into a fluent front three where teamwork through intelligence is key.

He may not start many games, maybe a handful and be primarily an insurance policy.


Meaning what exactly? He came on, ran around, got on the end of balls and nearly scored - what do you expect him to do that he doesn't do already?


Insurance policy - three factors Injury, loss of form and the unknown.

I want him to show he can fit into the system, being multi dimensional and smart rather than one dimensional and just playing off the shoulder of the last defender.

He has four months to get with the program.

_________________
he first twenty years of life contain the whole of experience. The rest is observation. Graham Greene

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:37 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15337
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
It seems to me that many fans expect Benik Afobe to just return to what he was doing before.
It aint going to happen.

This will be his first full week of learning the system, and an opportunity for both Benik and Nuno to work out if he can fit.

Can he fit into a fluent front three where teamwork through intelligence is key.

He may not start many games, maybe a handful and be primarily an insurance policy.


Meaning what exactly? He came on, ran around, got on the end of balls and nearly scored - what do you expect him to do that he doesn't do already?


Insurance policy - three factors Injury, loss of form and the unknown.

I want him to show he can fit into the system, being multi dimensional and smart rather than one dimensional and just playing off the shoulder of the last defender.

He has four months to get with the program.


Sometimes you need somebody who is just "different". A somewhat more traditional forward ( one) will pull defences one way or another creating yet more space for our fabulous few. All good.

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 14503
Location: My mind's eye
I thought he came on and gave us something different, we played with 2 forwards and he was a presence in the box, we could have our plan B now with Afobe here if the rotation of Cav/Costa and Jota isn't working

_________________
Say no to hoof!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:41 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 22668
Location: Cannock.
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
I thought he came on and gave us something different, we played with 2 forwards and he was a presence in the box, we could have our plan B now with Afobe here if the rotation of Cav/Costa and Jota isn't working


I think his starting positions will be deeper and to the right of centre within that forward three rotation.

_________________
he first twenty years of life contain the whole of experience. The rest is observation. Graham Greene

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:38 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 14503
Location: My mind's eye
knocker knowles wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
I thought he came on and gave us something different, we played with 2 forwards and he was a presence in the box, we could have our plan B now with Afobe here if the rotation of Cav/Costa and Jota isn't working


I think his starting positions will be deeper and to the right of centre within that forward three rotation.


I don't think he will be a starter, Nuno seems to have settled on Cav/Jota/Helder, and Bonatini will be ahead of Afobe in the pecking order

_________________
Say no to hoof!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:03 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34528
Location: S E London, near Kent
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
I thought he came on and gave us something different, we played with 2 forwards and he was a presence in the box, we could have our plan B now with Afobe here if the rotation of Cav/Costa and Jota isn't working


I think his starting positions will be deeper and to the right of centre within that forward three rotation.


I don't think he will be a starter, Nuno seems to have settled on Cav/Jota/Helder, and Bonatini will be ahead of Afobe in the pecking order

If so he's a great player to have to come on and rip defences to shreds with his speed and skill.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:28 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
He tried so hard yesterday, everyone wants him to score.

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:24 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15337
Location: Moved
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
He tried so hard yesterday, everyone wants him to score.


Yet again showing all the potential in the world. Fantastic support for him both on and off the pitch.

Over to you mate. Calm down and SCORE

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:54 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18851
Location: WV4 and WL4
suiging wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
He tried so hard yesterday, everyone wants him to score.


Yet again showing all the potential in the world. Fantastic support for him both on and off the pitch.

Over to you mate. Calm down and SCORE


Probably trying too hard, but once he gets one, more will follow. Any road, how was the match-day experience for Team Gingo?

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15337
Location: Moved
Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
He tried so hard yesterday, everyone wants him to score.


Yet again showing all the potential in the world. Fantastic support for him both on and off the pitch.

Over to you mate. Calm down and SCORE


Probably trying too hard, but once he gets one, more will follow. Any road, how was the match-day experience for Team Gingo?


My father loved it.. All the folk around him were fantastic. Can't beat Wolverhampton kindness

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:38 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 22668
Location: Cannock.
F"]He tried so hard yesterday, everyone wants him to score.[/quote]

Yet again showing all the potential in the world. Fantastic support for him both on and off the pitch.

Over to you mate. Calm down and SCORE[/quote]

Probably trying too hard, but once he gets one, more will follow. Any road, how was the match-day experience for Team Gingo?[/quote]

My father loved it.. All the folk around him were fantastic. Can't beat Wolverhampton kindness[/quote]

Good to hear, I thought of him when Wolves scored those early goals, and you dropping the coffee cup.

_________________
he first twenty years of life contain the whole of experience. The rest is observation. Graham Greene

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:19 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18851
Location: WV4 and WL4
knocker knowles wrote:
I thought of him when Wolves scored those early goals, and you dropping the coffee cup.


..and his hip flask :lol:

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:27 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15337
Location: Moved
Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
I thought of him when Wolves scored those early goals, and you dropping the coffee cup.


..and his hip flask :lol:



Hip replacement

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:43 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 3903
Location: London
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
He tried so hard yesterday, everyone wants him to score.


Trying hard won't ever get you anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fFnSRKUBFU

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Posts: 1516
Location: WOLVERHAMPTON
I don't think Wolves will be interested in buying Afobe for what Bournmouth would want.
I've only seen the games we have played on TV,but I just can't see the Afobe I remember
fitting in with what Nuno would want.
It was remarked to me recently that if we were where we were last season Afobe would not
be with us now,I think that could well be the case.
I think his future will lay elsewhere,wherever it is,I wish him well.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:18 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34528
Location: S E London, near Kent
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
He tried so hard yesterday, everyone wants him to score.


Trying hard won't ever get you anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fFnSRKUBFU

PMSL :mrgreen:

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.

cron