Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: Just Got Back
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:08 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Well ... some 16 hours ago.... But as no-one has done one, here goes for the very few who were neither there, nor able to see on Sky....

Fabulous performance. Never again question Nuno's decision for a holiday! Everyone looked back to best (just about). Looked keen and up for it from the start. Pacy when needed. Precise. Controlled. A joy to watch. This is NOT Championship football. Watched MotD and we have NOTHING to fear of promotion this time, even if we did not strengthen in the summer (which of course we will!).

Ruddy - 6 - nothing much to do, but a Horlicks in 1st half with feet could have gifted goal, and made a couple of fumbles. One throw out also potentially calamitous.... Clean sheet, but....
Bennet - 7 - solid - as usual. No fussiness.
Coady - 7 - a couple of wrong decisions (e.g. to let ball bounce when should have attacked) but a couple of great interceptions (nipping in front of attacker). Determined to show Neves ain't the only one to cream 40 yard passes - and indeed his first led to first goal.
Boly - 8 - man-mountain had usual commanding presence. One header near end where he just stood and dominated Leon Clarke was almost comic - Clarke not being shy of 'bullying' most CHs! Should have scored on his birthday, but powered header over bar.
Doherty - 7 - rampaged well. Great out ball for defence. Linked well with Costa & (later) his 'best pal'
Neves - 9 - sublime performance. Brilliant goal, dozens of beautiful passes AND his usual outstanding workrate - this guy tackles!! No prima donna - just 'primus'.
N'Diaye - 8 - Romain who? Alfred has grasped his opportunity with both hands. Great performance, and some subtle skills and quick footwork as well as the expected fantastic work. Gets into box going forward - and 20 seconds later is tackling on the edge of OUR box. Great stuff!!
Douglas - 7 - pretty good, and certainly solid enough, but still think he needs to take on last defender more and get to by-line & pull back.
Costa - 8 - FANTASTIC to see him almost back to imperious best. Looked confident - something eluding him previously. Last 3 performances have been so much improved. Two utterly indescribable moments of magic; one just left me laughing! "Did he REALLY just do that? And did he mean it?". Yes he did! Absolutely class! (But still knocked over a bit too easily...)
Cavaleiro - 8 - this guy just makes ordinary mortals look silly. Fabulous work allied to ridiculous skill, PLUS the bonus of being SO strong!
Jota - 8.5 - Another fantastic performance. A hat-trick is surely on its way? Strong, skilful. Thank goodness we are told he will be bought.... Physical assault by keeper still did not stop him. He just gets up and asks for more. (Reminds me of George Best at his best - he just got up and laughed at defenders who kept kicking him!)

Bonatini -7 - gave a different feel to front line. Love the way this guy links things. SO unlucky not to score with a sharp turn and shot.
Afobe - should have scored (when offside) and again with a header. Worked his socks off. A point to prove!! One tackle back was fabulous (and worthy of Paul Ince...) Looked fit, fast and sharp. Will score a hatful once Neves and he have sorted runs...
Gibbs-White - 7 - excellent cameo. Looked confident, sharp, A couple of great passes too.

A great afternoon. Loved it. Crowd great too. Good noise throughout. Oh the joy!!!

Only cloud is that too many of these guys are on 'loans'. Won't feel comfortable until Boly, Jota, Bonatini and co are secured.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Just Got Back
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:57 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Best day out in ages .. a parking place outside the door of the Clarendon Hotel for a couple of swift ones, hassle free in and out of the Megastore, fireworks, and an out of this world footballing display including three amazing goals .. I was there, when Benik came home.

So glad I couldn't get tickets v Forest :wink: :wink:

Cheers Silver... pretty much how I saw it.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

Tut tut, SW..." a great afternoon"..............................it was evening, sir, how many beers did you consume pre-match..??.. 8) :lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:01 pm 

Surely not?

Evening only begins with the pre-cenal dry fino sherry served from a leaded cut-glass decanter by the butler....

The venison was perhaps a little overdone due to the long journey home, but was still edible.

See you all at the post-prandial festivities versus those west London chappies - the rangers from Her Majesty's park. Hope their horses do not damage the grass....

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:52 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Surely not?

Evening only begins with the pre-cenal dry fino sherry served from a leaded cut-glass decanter by the butler....

The venison was perhaps a little overdone due to the long journey home, but was still edible.

See you all at the post-prandial festivities versus those west London chappies - the rangers from Her Majesty's park. Hope their horses do not damage the grass....

:lol:

Or - more importantly - our players.

By the way, I always thought that it was aperitifs before dinner with a post-cenal port or brandy later. I must be quite proletarian.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Surely not?

:lol:

Or - more importantly - our players.

By the way, I always thought that it was aperitifs before dinner with a post-cenal port or brandy later. I must be quite proletarian.

You are merely a serf to Silver's superior breeding and intellect, and you may find the following invaluable:

https://www.etiquettescholar.com/dining_etiquette/wine_etiquette.html

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:18 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Embers wrote:
You are merely a serf to Silver's superior breeding and intellect, and you may find the following invaluable:

Well one lives and learns. I couldn't find anything about which lager to have with my faggots and gray pays.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Embers wrote:

Well one lives and learns. I couldn't find anything about which lager to have with my faggots and gray pays.

LAGER!! You Philistine, only homemade MEAD should be drank with Venison. :wink: Saying that, I bought myself a 'Roo' Steak today, but it has gone into the freezer for when my appetite and my teeth are in the mood for it. :wink:

Back to the Footie and JGB report. I couldn't agree more, I could relish this serving of football every week it was superb, but can we expect similar against Man U/City etc. at home next season?

I love the Chant, 'Mind the Gap Aston Villa', btw. :D

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:24 am 
Manager
Manager

Just a thought on Cavaleiro

He is starting to produce the form and work ethic we knew he had before he came to Wolves.

It shows how difficult it is to settle, how easy it is to misuse a talent plus how fragile confidence can be at times.

Well done Nuno for creating the perfect environment for the lad.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:28 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

knocker knowles wrote:

He is starting to produce the form and work ethic we knew he had before he came to Wolves.

It shows how difficult it is to settle, how easy it is to misuse a talent plus how fragile confidence can be at times.

Yes, did you see him win the ball back after his terrible pass, that set up the Bonatini chance. He has been superb this season. Love him to bits!!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:32 am 
Manager
Manager

hugh jarse wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Yes, did you see him win the ball back after his terrible pass, that set up the Bonatini chance. He has been superb this season. Love him to bits!!

As a youth Cavaleiro played occasionally as a centre forward, you can see how he uses his strength and offers himself for the forward pass at times.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat