Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Telford can't afford to keep him. As he's not on a contract they decided that it was him to go. He'd scored 4 goals in 7 games.

I feel gutted for him. :(

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

It just shows in football you are only ever one bad tackle away from your career being ruined.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:14 am 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

That dirty f*cker Robinson has a lot to answer for.

Hope SEB can find another club.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

wolvesforever_1979 wrote:

Maybe the coaching route beckons...

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

Released for purely financial reasons, but fair play to him he was at Foz's funeral today

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:19 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Released for purely financial reasons, but fair play to him he was at Foz's funeral today

I thought Wolves are now linked with Telford? They're down the bottom of the league n'all.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:05 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

I thought Wolves are now linked with Telford? They're down the bottom of the league n'all.

Wolves have basically taken over Telford in all but name for legal reasons.

With the remit to develop players, but its been badly thought out and will need a rethink this summer.

It was plain to see early season what a mess Wolves had created which in all likelihood would entail a real struggle on the pitch.

The reality is they need to place people within that club who know what they are doing. At the moment its misguided arrogance and naivety.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fair comment that, KK......

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Embers wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

With the remit to develop players, but its been badly thought out and will need a rethink this summer.

It was plain to see early season what a mess Wolves had created which in all likelihood would entail a real struggle on the pitch.

The reality is they need to place people within that club who know what they are doing. At the moment its misguided arrogance and naivety.

Who's in there Knocker, anyone we know apart from Edwards?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:24 am 
Manager
Manager

"]Released for purely financial reasons, but fair play to him he was at Foz's funeral today[/quote]

I thought Wolves are now linked with Telford? They're down the bottom of the league n'all.[/quote]

The reality is they need to place people within that club who know what they are doing. At the moment its misguided arrogance and naivety.[/quote]

Who's in there Knocker, anyone we know apart from Edwards?[/quote]

When you move down levels as with Rob Edwards it must be really difficult to work out who at the lower level has the same mindset.
Edwards having mixed at the very highest levels has seen with his own eyes how ultra professional the guys at the top are.
Its ruthless then even more ruthless the higher you go with every minute of every training session demanding high standards.
Now players and staff at Telfords level often have other jobs so cant possibly have the same focus.
They think they have but many cant/don't make the switch effortlessly between Banter and Serious.

So imagine the difficulties a rookie coach has in sorting that problem.
Then you get different people offering various thoughts on player recruitment, all types of player.
And then mixing them.
This year will have been a learning curve, but they have to rethink the quality they send to Telford against whats already there.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:00 am 
Manager
Manager

I agree and accept all of the above, but the idea is genius
Where possible, I'd use and employ as many ex Wolves players in all roles.

And build, and build for generations

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:03 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

If the root of the thinking harks back to the sixties when Wolves fielded an A side in the West Midlands league.
Playing against seasoned players as well as quality kids you create good learning conditions.

At the moment there is a void which prevents football growth between the ages of 17 and 21.

Playing against same age kids is not the answer.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

If the root of the thinking harks back to the sixties when Wolves fielded an A side in the West Midlands league.
Playing against seasoned players as well as quality kids you create good learning conditions.

At the moment there is a void which prevents football growth between the ages of 17 and 21.

For the same reason 'back in the day', Wolves also had teams in the Worcestershire Combination, Wolverhampton Amature League, Walsall Minor League and believe it or not, for a very short time the Birmingham Works League,

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

For the same reason 'back in the day', Wolves also had teams in the Worcestershire Combination, Wolverhampton Amature League, Walsall Minor League and believe it or not, for a very short time the Birmingham Works League

Didn't that later become the Birmingham STRIKES League

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:23 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

:D

Oh - those heady days of union bosses running the country! Still remember Hugh Scanlon, Jack Jones, Tom Jackson, Sid Wheale(?), Arthur Scargill, Red Robbo.... Oh how we enjoyed as they pretty much destroyed British industry in the 60s-70s... (along with hugely inept management). The bosses and the unions leaders deserved each other.

But those who do not remember those days - of strikes, 3 day weeks, interminable disputes and 'demarkation disputes-' - are seduced by the rhetoric of Mr Corbin and his gentle 'kind and fairer' world.

Sorry - the theory is great, but it just don't work!

But I DO agree with KK that getting Wolves teams in other leagues - to play men, not just other boys - is wise (as long as they have a few grizzled old rogues to 'look after' the youngsters!)

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:03 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Oh - those heady days of union bosses running the country! Still remember Hugh Scanlon, Jack Jones, Tom Jackson, Sid Wheale(?), Arthur Scargill, Red Robbo.... Oh how we enjoyed as they pretty much destroyed British industry in the 60s-70s... (along with hugely inept management). The bosses and the unions leaders deserved each other.

But those who do not remember those days - of strikes, 3 day weeks, interminable disputes and 'demarkation disputes-' - are seduced by the rhetoric of Mr Corbin and his gentle 'kind and fairer' world.

But I DO agree with KK that getting Wolves teams in other leagues - to play men, not just other boys - is wise (as long as they have a few grizzled old rogues to 'look after' the youngsters!)

Sid Weighell - Railway Union.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:21 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Do we really want politics in Wolves Chat?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:29 am 

Agree - apologies to all ... And glad KK has changed his signature from the one he used for ages....

Keep politics out of sport .... Well out of Wolves Chat anyway! :wink:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:41 am 
First XI
First XI

oh no.................just when there was a bit of 'momentum' in this topic

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

Heard Kightly's name getting mentioned as scoring for Southend on the weekend. Didn't Robinson wreck him with a dirty tackle too? Never quite hit the heights I thought he would.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

Heard Kightly's name getting mentioned as scoring for Southend on the weekend. Didn't Robinson wreck him with a dirty tackle too? Never quite hit the heights I thought he would.

studded Kightly in the middle of his chest, wasn't even carded for it.

Nasty little bastard with classic short man syndrome.

www.vwcaddy.com

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat