Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: WBA thread....
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:38 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

I hope all are following the baggies thread on the General Chat page?

In fact it is such fun, perhaps it should be transferred to Wolves Chat, in case anyone misses it!

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: WBA thread....
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:42 pm 
First XI
First XI

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
I hope all are following the baggies thread on the General Chat page?

In fact it is such fun, perhaps it should be transferred to Wolves Chat, in case anyone misses it!

Taxi for Pardew?? :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

WBA...=....We Burgle Automobiles... :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:13 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Oh how the tide has turned

As a regular visitor, I can say without doubt the greatest internet based entertainment at the moment is the westbrom.com forum

They are in pieces, with the latest threads debating whether or not to sack Pardew, and speculating over what the team may be left with after relegation.

Their owner must be feeling pretty sore looking at how his £200m investment is shaping up against that of his fellow countrymen down the road.

If we do swap places with them in the next few weeks for me it will be the greatest moment of my 40 odd years as a supporter :D

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:21 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

woodwolf wrote:
Oh how the tide has turned

As a regular visitor, I can say without doubt the greatest internet based entertainment at the moment is the westbrom.com forum

They are in pieces, with the latest threads debating whether or not to sack Pardew, and speculating over what the team may be left with after relegation.

Their owner must be feeling pretty sore looking at how his £200m investment is shaping up against that of his fellow countrymen down the road.

If we do swap places with them in the next few weeks for me it will be the greatest moment of my 40 odd years as a supporter :D
*Grabs popcorn*

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:35 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

After all the piss taking they have done at our expense over the last decade or so I have to admit I am enjoying what is happening down the road ever so slightly :D

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

If they don't beat Huddersfield at home, it will be a meltdown and Pardew gone.

Sadly Huddersfield are awful.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:04 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

They even tried to celebrate the anniversary of the 5-1 defeat the other day. 51 is actually how many more points we have than they do :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
After all the piss taking they have done at our expense over the last decade or so I have to admit I am enjoying what is happening down the road ever so slightly :D

It ain't over until the Fat Lady sings. Just imagine if we do a Dave Jones and get pipped to automatic by Vile and Derby and then lose the Play Off semi finals. I don't expect a repeat of that, but at the same time, I am not going to gloat until it becomes a mathematical fact.

However, I do find the ''Dingle Watch'' thread over there quite amusing.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:18 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Lads,a lot of my mates are baggies fans and believe me there's no point taking the piss, most of the older fans want them to go down and have a clearout of the couldn't care less millionaire players who are there for the money not the supporters or the club.The younger fans want them to stay up,no doubt they'll invade the pitch if they escape again.I listen to them in the pub,most of those players were signed to play Pulisball and it doesn't matter who manages them it's still the same, corners or free kicks lamped into the area for big brick shithouse centre halfs to get their heads to.
Gareth Barry ,there for one last season in the prem ?. or could us or the villa sign him in the summer,believe me folks this is the type of experienced player any of the promoted team will take a look at.The relegated teams are so rich now it's unbelieveable compared to us .Albion the 27th richest club in the world because of tv money irrespective of how much owners are worth.
How can teams compete with Man city and rest of the 'sky 6' .City with players on £200,000 a week on the bench and the rest just trying to stay in from day one. Does anybody think our owner is going to fund £ 100,000 a week players for us out of his own pocket next season because this is what it's going to take even to stay in it ? I've enjoyed this season but the prem is so different I don't want to see us go up and get pissed on again.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

I just hoped Walsall would get up this year so the Baggies would have had something to look forward to.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:34 am 
Manager
Manager

Underhillwolf wrote:
Lads,a lot of my mates are baggies fans and believe me there's no point taking the piss, most of the older fans want them to go down and have a clearout of the couldn't care less millionaire players who are there for the money not the supporters or the club.The younger fans want them to stay up,no doubt they'll invade the pitch if they escape again.I listen to them in the pub,most of those players were signed to play Pulisball and it doesn't matter who manages them it's still the same, corners or free kicks lamped into the area for big brick shithouse centre halfs to get their heads to.
Gareth Barry ,there for one last season in the prem ?. or could us or the villa sign him in the summer,believe me folks this is the type of experienced player any of the promoted team will take a look at.The relegated teams are so rich now it's unbelieveable compared to us .Albion the 27th richest club in the world because of tv money irrespective of how much owners are worth.
How can teams compete with Man city and rest of the 'sky 6' .City with players on £200,000 a week on the bench and the rest just trying to stay in from day one. Does anybody think our owner is going to fund £ 100,000 a week players for us out of his own pocket next season because this is what it's going to take even to stay in it ? I've enjoyed this season but the prem is so different I don't want to see us go up and get pissed on again.

Recruitment is key and we have an Ace in the pack in the form of George Mendes.

Financially Portugal is the go to market, its league produces more high end quality than most others at welcome rates.
Here's a stat the Portuguese league was only the TENTH highest payer in Europe last season.
Thats also the major route for young emerging South American talent.
So trust Fosun, trust Jorge and trust their recruitment policy.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:14 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

suiging wrote:
I just hoped Walsall would get up this year so the Baggies would have had something to look forward to.

They'll just have to wait another season :D

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

woodwolf wrote:
suiging wrote:

They'll just have to wait another season :D

Harsh.....but fair

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:18 am 
Manager
Manager

Underhillwolf wrote:

We can only speculate on what will happen next season, and going forward, but it's interesting to see how the Chinese owners at Wolves have been proactive, whereas the Chinese owners at Albion haven't. The fact of the matter is that whist Peace ran the club Albion were a comfortable mid table Premiership club playing some good football. Ashworth left, then Peace sold out as he could sensel the wind of change and it was time to take the money. That said, don't you think it's a bit of coincidence that Wolves, Villa, Albion and Blues were all taken over by the Chinese around the same time...?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:27 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
That said, don't you think it's a bit of coincidence that Wolves, Villa, Albion and Blues were all taken over by the Chinese around the same time...?

They're crafty buggers, them Chinese. I sense a conspiracy is afoot.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:09 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Embers wrote:
That said, don't you think it's a bit of coincidence that Wolves, Villa, Albion and Blues were all taken over by the Chinese around the same time...?

That said, don't you think it's a bit of coincidence that Wolves, Villa, Albion and Blues were all taken over by the Chinese around the same time as HS2 is announced?

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:36 am 
Manager
Manager

toomb wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Embers wrote:

That said, don't you think it's a bit of coincidence that Wolves, Villa, Albion and Blues were all taken over by the Chinese around the same time as HS2 is announced?

A secret plan to extend HS2 to China eh !! ......Cunning.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:43 am 
Manager
Manager

]That said, don't you think it's a bit of coincidence that Wolves, Villa, Albion and Blues were all taken over by the Chinese around the same time...?[/quote]
They're crafty buggers, them Chinese. I sense a conspiracy is afoot.[/quote]

That said, don't you think it's a bit of coincidence that Wolves, Villa, Albion and Blues were all taken over by the Chinese around the same time as HS2 is announced?[/quote]

A secret plan to extend HS2 to China eh !! ......Cunning.[/quote]

Maybe post Brexit the plan is to flood the UK with cheap steel for building HS2.

Remove all workers rights to enable the British peasant the opportunity of building Chinese Railways.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
]That said, don't you think it's a bit of coincidence that Wolves, Villa, Albion and Blues were all taken over by the Chinese around the same time...?

That said, don't you think it's a bit of coincidence that Wolves, Villa, Albion and Blues were all taken over by the Chinese around the same time as HS2 is announced?[/quote]

Maybe post Brexit the plan is to flood the UK with cheap steel for building HS2.

Remove all workers rights to enable the British peasant the opportunity of building Chinese Railways.[/quote]

Coolies. :wink: :roll: :lol:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:42 pm 

knocker knowles wrote:
]That said, don't you think it's a bit of coincidence that Wolves, Villa, Albion and Blues were all taken over by the Chinese around the same time...?

Remove all workers rights to enable the British peasant the opportunity of building Chinese Railways.[/quote]

Fear not! With Jezza in power, we will save the British Steel industry ... and car industry, and motorbike industry, and.... And take rail, post, water, electricity, gas and air under state control.... And watch as the unions tie the whole lot up in red tape and regulation, and demarcation disputes, and 3 day weeks.... And close newspapers and Sky TV and we can all go back to watching MoTD highlighlifghts and the occasional ITV Big Match, just like in the good old days (assuming the electricity workers aren't on strike again.

If we want Wolves to be a national power, and an international power, we are going to need more than Manders Paints to be our sponsor....!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Fear not! With Jezza in power, we will save the British Steel industry ... and car industry, and motorbike industry, and.... And take rail, post, water, electricity, gas and air under state control.... And watch as the unions tie the whole lot up in red tape and regulation, and demarcation disputes, and 3 day weeks.... And close newspapers and Sky TV and we can all go back to watching MoTD highlighlifghts and the occasional ITV Big Match, just like in the good old days (assuming the electricity workers aren't on strike again.

If we want Wolves to be a national power, and an international power, we are going to need more than Manders Paints to be our sponsor....!

Bully & Mutch wore their mark on their shirts did they not? :lol:

Wasn't it our ROZZA who was instigating a takeover of Wolves by TATA Steel or the suchlike? I have no idea of the Chinese plan(s) to takeover the UK, but if they bring such efficiency to the UK Government as they do to Wolves then, NUNO as the next PM. :roll: :wink: :lol:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:29 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Bully & Mutch wore their mark on their shirts did they not? :lol:

Wasn't it our ROZZA who was instigating a takeover of Wolves by TATA Steel or the suchlike? I have no idea of the Chinese plan(s) to takeover the UK, but if they bring such efficiency to the UK Government as they do to Wolves then, NUNO as the next PM. :roll: :wink: :lol:

If you look at TATA steel and the background to them taking over Jack Walker steel who in turn fucked over Garringtons steel.
Who in turn were given favours by Wolves board members in the 1950's, history repeats itself.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

Haven't been back to see what they're writing since we dropped 4 points, but all is not well over in their camp so, IF they have time to write about us then, I think it could only be a distraction from their own self-made disaster.

Option 1.

The Great Escape?

Option 2.

Get Relegated, but go down fighting?

Option 3.

Get relegated and go down with a whimper?

Those were basically Pardew's words so which one would you bet on?

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Oh dear, they lost again. :D

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Oh dear, they lost again. :D

They've had it, the Chump beckons, and I do NOT want to be playing them next season. The post match interviews today from Chris Brunt and Alan Pardew said it all.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

You would have thought they would have learned, but No, they had a half desent team washed down the drain by a succession of shite English, has-been, managers.

You take take note of history, or you are doomed to make the same mistakes.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:50 pm 

Great point. But the media will be full of need to appoint (after Pardew gone) 'an English manager with experience of the Championship, who knows what's needed to succeed in this league...' etc etc. Yes - let's have a re-mould/re-tread of a regular 'failure'.

Who will they get?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Great point. But the media will be full of need to appoint (after Pardew gone) 'an English manager with experience of the Championship, who knows what's needed to succeed in this league...' etc etc. Yes - let's have a re-mould/re-tread of a regular 'failure'.

Who will they get?

Fingers crossed......Saunders !!!!!!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:08 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Who will they get?
Sounds custom made for Mad Mick to me!

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat