Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:13 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
No!

The academy will be essential in bringing on the next generation. With top players around the place asrole models, it can only help to attract the very best 16 year olds.

As a business model, Fosun will expect the academy to generate cash by investing in youth. Yes - the days of dozens of local lads filling the academy may be gone, but investing in youth is still the future.

The fact Chelsea, Man U etc buy in world superstas has NOT meant the end for the likes of Rashford....

Reading Jeff Shi's most recent interview it would seem part of the academy plan is to foster Chinese talent with the hope of one day having a genuine Chinese talent who would be up to playing regularly in our first XI at PL level - which would truly unleash Wolves' potential in the Chinese market.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:01 am 
Manager
Manager

A FIFA task force has proposed that clubs be limited to loaning six to eight players in or out because the current system can result in “stockpiling” and “sometimes prevents young players from fully developing their talent”.

The internal report produced by the group was commissioned by President Gianni Infantino as part of a commitment to reform the transfer system. It recommends that clubs be permitted to make only six to eight loans either in or out and no more than three to or from the same club in the same season.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:09 am 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Seems sensible to me. I wonder if there needs to be some leeway for newly-promoted or relegated clubs? Their squads often need changing, and loans mean players perhaps not suited to new division have a chance pf game time elsewhere?

But in principle, it has got to be right. Not healthy for say Chelsea to mop up dozens of potential stars, and then loan them out to see how they develop - the best they bring back, the rest they jetison....

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:53 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Surprised Chelsea don't sell with buy back clauses more often, like they do in Spain. Suppose they will if they change the rules.

Dilemma for us in the next window. We have a lot of young players, and players playing their first season in the Prem. Standard is already high too, so it would really take a top class signing to improve us.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Surprised Chelsea don't sell with buy back clauses more often, like they do in Spain. Suppose they will if they change the rules.

Dilemma for us in the next window. We have a lot of young players, and players playing their first season in the Prem. Standard is already high too, so it would really take a top class signing to improve us.

Yeah, I'm interested to see how we go about our business - it would take mega dough to improve on certain areas

Squad depth might be the main consideration

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:05 am 
Manager
Manager

chriskamara wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

Yeah, I'm interested to see how we go about our business - it would take mega dough to improve on certain areas

Squad depth might be the main consideration

With FFP the short term difficulty could be wage levels.

I heard Wolves scouted the Man City vs Lyon game last week

Tanguy NDombèlé would seem the obvious target, but I wouldn't be surprised at a bid for Leroy Sane.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:57 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

If FFP is an issue then I would be happy to stick with what we have. I want MGW, Vinagre, Hause, Deondacker to get game time. Need the same chance that Doherty, Bennett and the rest got to show what they can do.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:33 am 
Manager
Manager

With Wolves now looking an established Premier league club the January window offers new opportunities.
Players and agents will be looking on Wolves in a new light and will welcome interest in their signature.

Nuno will be able to be very selective with future signings and will more than likely look to the Spanish and Portuguese market.

Lets face it there seem very few players available in the Premier league who could improve our first eleven.

So who do Wolves sign?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:59 am 
Manager
Manager

I don't see any reason that Wolves will be changing their approach of using the continent almost exclusively for their dealings. The PL is far too overpriced. The value is in the foreign leagues and having a certain agent with plenty of hopeful young players overseas won't hurt our chances either.

The only difference of Wolves' success might be the ability to convince the finest from the Football League that their future would be rosy at Wolves. A James Maddison would never have looked twice at Wolves last summer vs Leicester but in future we could seal such deals. Ditto the Harry Maguire situation a few years back when he preferred Premier League Hull to us.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat