Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
warn wrote:

Heavily linked..

..is Ruben Dias a possible signing?

Now we are looking in the right direction...

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

Only 3 more weeks of purgatory left.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:24 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bored of all the fake ass rumours and tantalising links, want some signings over the line cos that window is coming in hot

Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:51 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Bored of all the fake ass rumours and tantalising links, want some signings over the line cos that window is coming in hot

Silly season at the moment due to frustration.

The only deal that looks possible next week is Wallace, and he would struggle to make the Wolves bench.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

There will be quality players becoming available during the last week of the transfer window.

Once Spurs resolve their issues at centre back with players available due to current transfer clause.
Also if they buy their well known central midfield targets certain players may not wish to be bench warmers.

Its then that the Spurs boss might allow certain players to move on, nice guy that he is.

Would Wolves spend 40 million on Eric Dier.

Fluent in Portuguese, can play several roles, maybe even the Coady role.

Would you spend 40 million on such a player?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:58 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Possibly - but how old is he? Not sure he is that much of an upgrade on Coady talent-wise, and certainly not leadership-wise.

Is not the young lad being touted at 11/10 to join Wolves despite other interest in Europe (Dias) a better bet?

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:16 pm 
First XI
First XI

knocker knowles wrote:
There will be quality players becoming available during the last week of the transfer window.

Once Spurs resolve their issues at centre back with players available due to current transfer clause.
Also if they buy their well known central midfield targets certain players may not wish to be bench warmers.

Its then that the Spurs boss might allow certain players to move on, nice guy that he is.

I think Dier would be an upgrade to the roster, but not significant enough to spend 40 million. Think we could put that money to better use on a better player in positions that are of more of a need (attackers, wingbacks)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

MichiganWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I think Dier would be an upgrade to the roster, but not significant enough to spend 40 million. Think we could put that money to better use on a better player in positions that are of more of a need (attackers, wingbacks)

Much depends on how the coach wishes to evolve particular positions within his playing structure.
I remember Lothar Matthaus playing as a sweeper at Bayern as the deepest point of a centre back triangle. Then as the match progressed changing to the most forward position of the triangle if there was a need to chase the game.
This season we should see if Coady has the confidence to move forward when required, creating an extra man in deep midfield while pushing Neves further forward to influence more attacking play.
Now could Eric Dier do that job if brought into the club and would it bring a significant added dimension.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:44 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Nope not worth that sort of money ...living on his reputation of a few years ago (same as Ali)- he has been poor recently...very poor in parts (same as Ali).

Post Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:03 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Eric Dier is not for me. I think once we've figured him out he'd struggle to make the XI. Just doesn't influence games enough to justify a price tag like that.
Considering we got Neves, Boly, Jota and Moutinho for not much more, we can put £40m to much better use.

To make my post slightly more succint, the lad's a bit crap to be honest!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:06 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

People hoping for quality players becoming available in the last week of the window are forgetting the rest of Europe has another month before their window closes, English sides either stump up the extortionate fees or miss out, cos European clubs can wait

I keep seeing things like the market hasn't started yet, it's nearly fucking over for us! 15 days is it left now? Loads of European sides have done great deals, Dortmund got 2 great players in about a week after the window opened

Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:16 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
People hoping for quality players becoming available in the last week of the window are forgetting the rest of Europe has another month before their window closes, English sides either stump up the extortionate fees or miss out, cos European clubs can wait

I keep seeing things like the market hasn't started yet, it's nearly fucking over for us! 15 days is it left now? Loads of European sides have done great deals, Dortmund got 2 great players in about a week after the window opened

You sound like you think what's happening is an Ashley like withholding of funds ? Fosun want success, love the club for the profile it gives them ( business first ) and have said they are prepared to pay and invest for the RIGHT players. I believe them.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:23 am 
Manager
Manager

In a strange sort of way, we are victims of our own success over the last two years. Who, of real quality, is going to join us just to sit on the bench for a long time? Our starting eleven is set in stone and the only real upgrade I can see would be for Bennett. Players who we target must think: " Am I going to dislodge, Jimmy, Jota, Neves, Moutinho, Doc, Coady, Boly..???" And the answer, initially would be NO. Add also the factor of the two tournaments that have just recently finished and delays and hiccups are inevitable. Yes, we should have got a signing or two in by now but it is quality and potential we need not just quantity and overpaid bench warmers. Add in also that potential signings must blend in with the family ethics and nature of the squad, no disrupting influences.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:16 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
In a strange sort of way, we are victims of our own success over the last two years. Who, of real quality, is going to join us just to sit on the bench for a long time? Our starting eleven is set in stone and the only real upgrade I can see would be for Bennett. Players who we target must think: " Am I going to dislodge, Jimmy, Jota, Neves, Moutinho, Doc, Coady, Boly..???" And the answer, initially would be NO. Add also the factor of the two tournaments that have just recently finished and delays and hiccups are inevitable. Yes, we should have got a signing or two in by now but it is quality and potential we need not just quantity and overpaid bench warmers. Add in also that potential signings must blend in with the family ethics and nature of the squad, no disrupting influences.

I admit that he doesn't exude class but the odd thing is that Bennett has been one of the most consistent of players and his performances in China were superb. I read about needing an upgrade for him quite often but in all truth it would take some very good player to improve on what he offers.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:28 am 
Manager
Manager

Bennett is definitely underrated, would walk in to the Arsenal defence. Still we could do with a better ball playing CB for when we play teams weaker than us. We also need alternatives across the pitch for the inevitable injuries we have been fortuitous to have avoided so far.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:14 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

You sound like you think what's happening is an Ashley like withholding of funds ? Fosun want success, love the club for the profile it gives them ( business first ) and have said they are prepared to pay and invest for the RIGHT players. I believe them.

I think Fosun want value but there doesn't appear to be any in the market, even bang average players are going for inflated amounts and if we are unwilling to pay it we are gonna miss out cos these prices ay coming down

Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

The 40 million bid for the young French midfield player Boubakare Soumare is an interesting one.

Box to box, goes past players for fun, can see the pass, high energy, think Michael Essien.

Different qualities that would add fresh dynamics to Wolves midfield.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm 

Unfortunately, Soumare it is said has rejected us because he wants to stay with Lille and play Champions League football.

The job of Nuno & co is to persuade a very young lad (20?) that if he comes to us, he WILL play Champions League football with WOLVES - provided they can show OTHERS are coming to support the Fosun 'project' too!

SO much depends on our powers of persuasion - and being able to back it up.

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Unfortunately, Soumare it is said has rejected us because he wants to stay with Lille and play Champions League football.

The job of Nuno & co is to persuade a very young lad (20?) that if he comes to us, he WILL play Champions League football with WOLVES - provided they can show OTHERS are coming to support the Fosun 'project' too!

SO much depends on our powers of persuasion - and being able to back it up.

Keep banging the door on high level targets and eventually a few doors open.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:56 am 
Manager
Manager

Sky sources saying this morning that we are interested in Mario Lemina, midfielder at Southampton and that we are close to signing Patrick Cutrone from AC Milan.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:21 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Sky sources saying this morning that we are interested in Mario Lemina, midfielder at Southampton and that we are close to signing Patrick Cutrone from AC Milan.

Not a fan of Lemina, like Cutrone, thought Jesús Vallejo was the weak link in the Spanish under 21 side this summer.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:56 am 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Dani Olmo doing the rounds now. Spain Under 21 attacking midfielder playing at Dinamo Zagreb currently. Not on thats on my radar but has been linked with big 6 clubs this summer. Anyone seen him play?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

Thought Dias may be off now we have the messiah on loan but Spiers is saying we are still trying to get him? Do we need two new centre halves? Or perhaps one of our three incumbent are leaving. I suppose Bennet can play right back but he cannot do wingback. Coady and Boly you would have thought are too important and we have the young academy lad Kilman too. Miranda is not good enough he will be naturally be loaned away or transferred. Seems a bit of an indulgence too me but perhaps I am underestimating the situation.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:23 am 
Manager
Manager

alig4321 wrote:
Dani Olmo doing the rounds now. Spain Under 21 attacking midfielder playing at Dinamo Zagreb currently. Not on thats on my radar but has been linked with big 6 clubs this summer. Anyone seen him play?

Quality player. similar to Jota in build and attitude, bundle of tricks, plays off the left hand side into the centre and can drop off to link the play.

Very high standard and would seal a very good window of upgrades.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:52 am 
Manager
Manager

At the price mentioned Wolves should be all over it.

Benfica are in negotiations to sign 23yo forward Luca Waldschmidt from SC Freiburg for around €12m [A Bola].
The German can play as a centre-forward, second striker or winger.

He was top scorer in the u21 Euros this summer with 7 goals and bagged 9 Bundesliga goals in 2018/19.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Well, that came from nowhere.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... guese-duo/

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:23 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

warn wrote:

If this keeps up I might actually be able to get a season ticket again in the 2038 season in the upper tiers of the Robin Li stand innit. Mind you I bet the half time scran will be bostin and in recyclable tubs with chopsticks supplied.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:36 am 
Manager
Manager

Franck Kessie doing the rounds, and many fans would give that deal the thumbs up.

What youtube doesn't show is the condition, focus, concentration drive and team ethics within a player.

Kessie scores badly on those and when its needed most Kessie has the heart of a pea.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:43 am 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:

The money Lazio receive from this deal enables them to sign the most promising Argentinian 18 year old striker out there.
If he subsequently rocks up at Wolves a couple of years down the line we better understand the process.

https://www.tugascout.com/other-news/20 ... es-at-work

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Top quality

Confirmation des infos de pour Soumaré : C'est bien Wolverhampton et 40 M€. Transfert avec un prêt d'un an dans la foulée. Discussions toujours en cours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat