Share On:

Post subject: Nuno speaks....
 Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:10 am 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

And today he is saying:
1. He wants to play the same way - 3-4-3 - home and away in Prem
2. He wants to impose way we play on others
3. He warns that in World Cup years, the market is very slow as players and agents play a waiting game.

So is he right to stick to guns on style?
And get ready for a long wait full of incessant media/twitterati hints & rumours.

But will he decide on fate of loan players before then?
And will he decide who to make available and off-load?

Gonna be a fascinating few weeks!

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Nuno speaks....
 Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:20 am 
Manager
Manager

3 weeks of the English transfer window has been cut because of the decision to close it before the season starts so the agents are going to have to adapt.

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:34 am 
Manager
Manager

It is refreshing to have a man with a plan, who tells it as it is, and won't bring in a string of players to immediately ship out on loan and then sell on for a loss ( still think certain well regarded managers in recent times should bare investigation into some of their dealings)

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

"The players in the press? No! we know who we want"

So forget all that rubbish you here in the daily's and from Football league world, HITC and Sport witness. He has his plan, he has his targets and you can gaurantee it will be footballers we have not even considered rather than the so called internet 'Wolves are chasing' 'Wolves have made offer' nonsence etc.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:05 am 
Manager
Manager

Don't normally listen to football pundits but Neville and Carragher made my ears twitch.

It was a discussion on the new Arsenal head coach Emery and a major difference of opinion.

It could just as easily have been a discussion about Nuno at Wolves.

The key point.

The coach has a vision of how he wants his team to play, the players either adapt or get shipped out.

Neville said he learnt this lesson at Valencia, stick to your principles.

Carragher was more old school, he thinks coaches should adapt to players.

I cant tell you how many arguments I have had with Carraghers type through the years.

Basically you develop your system, in Wolves case 3-4-3 and from that base you can add or develop different players with certain characteristics to fit your plan.

Plan B is adding or taking away certain individual qualities in a particular game depending on the opponent.
So its plan A consistently but occasionally changing the ingredients.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:49 am 
First XI
First XI

Nice soundbite but compolete bollox.

We have played the 'Nuno' way for around 15 minutes so far this season, the last 15 against Everton when Vinigre came on and we actually had a genuine left sided wing back on the pitch, that is the problem, he wants to play a shape that relies on wing backs and we failed to sign any over the window.

As for a 3-4-3 on Saturday, he made the substitutions, he destroyed the shape. Fair enough his options were limited by poor recruitment but if he hasn't got the players he has to adapt or come the January window we risk being cast adrift.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:04 am 
Manager
Manager

Our recruitment over the summer was by and large a dog's dinner.

Even the Traore signing was a mess with us trying to low ball Boro who inevitably said no chance, the player ends up staying there and undergoing a Pulis pre-season, gets injured, and arrives here belatedly for the full fee Boro demanded in the first place but with no time to acclimatise to our way of playing before the action starts.

You saw on Saturday, despite his good forward runs, without the ball he has no idea what he is meant to do and that won't sit well with Nuno. If he finds Cav frustrating, he will be in meltdown with Traore's off the ball efforts.

The Zinchenko situation was another total botch. The player already voiced his dislike of being in England in the press some time ago. So we offer him the chance to STAY in England but at a smaller club, surrounded by lesser players and think he will jump at the chance? Another waste of time that potentially cost us signing others.

The back line has been totally ignored and Coady was a makeshift solution at a lower level to a midfielder signed who is not good enough to play midfield above bottom end Championship. Now he is the "fulcrum" of our defence in the Premier League?

The fact that our only other striker aside from Jimenez is Bonatini is ridiculous. It feels like more energy went into calculating the profit from the Afobe shenanigans than actually trying to recruit more back-up there.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:41 am 
Manager
Manager

Cymru Wolf wrote:
Nice soundbite but compolete bollox.

We have played the 'Nuno' way for around 15 minutes so far this season, the last 15 against Everton when Vinigre came on and we actually had a genuine left sided wing back on the pitch, that is the problem, he wants to play a shape that relies on wing backs and we failed to sign any over the window.

As for a 3-4-3 on Saturday, he made the substitutions, he destroyed the shape. Fair enough his options were limited by poor recruitment but if he hasn't got the players he has to adapt or come the January window we risk being cast adrift.

Makes the Douglas sale seem even sillier, especially for what is peanuts at this level.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:48 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:

Even the Traore signing was a mess with us trying to low ball Boro who inevitably said no chance, the player ends up staying there and undergoing a Pulis pre-season, gets injured, and arrives here belatedly for the full fee Boro demanded in the first place but with no time to acclimatise to our way of playing before the action starts.

You saw on Saturday, despite his good forward runs, without the ball he has no idea what he is meant to do and that won't sit well with Nuno. If he finds Cav frustrating, he will be in meltdown with Traore's off the ball efforts.

The Zinchenko situation was another total botch. The player already voiced his dislike of being in England in the press some time ago. So we offer him the chance to STAY in England but at a smaller club, surrounded by lesser players and think he will jump at the chance? Another waste of time that potentially cost us signing others.

The back line has been totally ignored and Coady was a makeshift solution at a lower level to a midfielder signed who is not good enough to play midfield above bottom end Championship. Now he is the "fulcrum" of our defence in the Premier League?

The fact that our only other striker aside from Jimenez is Bonatini is ridiculous. It feels like more energy went into calculating the profit from the Afobe shenanigans than actually trying to recruit more back-up there.

Interesting views, mate; a sharp pin to a party balloon.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

I certainly feel deflated!

What's the situation on bringing players in on loan, or are we stuffed until January?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:57 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Actually can't believe our transfers this summer have been described as a 'dogs dinner'. I take the point on our left side, I can only assume that Nuno rates Vinagre enough for him to eventually step in. But is two games in really enough time to judge whether our transfers will work? It's not like the dark days when our only signings were the likes of Grant Holt & Yannick Sagbo. I have no idea where this season will end up, I'd be happy to survive and establish ourselves but reading some of this makes me think we're relegation fodder. I could let it slide if I think the comments are reasonable, but for Christ sake.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

We have played two established teams. Drew with one and should have beaten the other, with even the Walker's Crisp boy calling us unlucky.

And for some the sky is falling.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

I certainly feel deflated!

What's the situation on bringing players in on loan, or are we stuffed until January?

We're stuffed until January unless a string of keepers get injured, as I understand it.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
Actually can't believe our transfers this summer have been described as a 'dogs dinner'. I take the point on our left side, I can only assume that Nuno rates Vinagre enough for him to eventually step in. But is two games in really enough time to judge whether our transfers will work? It's not like the dark days when our only signings were the likes of Grant Holt & Yannick Sagbo. I have no idea where this season will end up, I'd be happy to survive and establish ourselves but reading some of this makes me think we're relegation fodder. I could let it slide if I think the comments are reasonable, but for Christ sake.

We'll probably get stuffed on Saturday and the keyboard warriors are no doubt already sharpening their knives. Whether they actually go to matches is another question.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:47 pm 
First XI
First XI

SELWolf wrote:
Cally wrote:

We'll probably get stuffed on Saturday and the keyboard warriors are no doubt already sharpening their knives. Whether they actually go to matches is another question.

Its not the result on saturday that concerns me as much as can we put a side out in a shape that works for us. Vinigre in? but then what about the right hand side, Doc is struggling and we don't have a real alternative.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cymru Wolf wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Cally wrote:

Its not the result on saturday that concerns me as much as can we put a side out in a shape that works for us. Vinigre in? but then what about the right hand side, Doc is struggling and we don't have a real alternative.

Jonny Castro

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:59 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
Cally wrote:

They'll be jumping for joy if we lose. They were denied the joy of moaning for a whole season by Nuno and our players, it's just selfish :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:24 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Cally wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Cally wrote:

They'll be jumping for joy if we lose. They were denied the joy of moaning for a whole season by Nuno and our players, it's just selfish :lol:

I think that unfair to say that.
There was some things that I and some people that I know didn't like that was done but I do not know
one person that has not embraced what is going on at Wolves.
Would I like to be British owned with british players ? of course,but those days are gone and we are where we are.
The much trumpeted "in Nuno we trust" may not be for everyone,but I can honestly say I do not know
one person that does not like and trust Nuno to bring success to Wolves.
I'm not well enough to go to matches any longer but I still want my club to get to where we all want.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:26 pm 
First XI
First XI

"Jonny Castro"

He looks excellent defensively but from what i've seen of him he looks more like an orthadox full back than a wing back and I think he'd be better used in a flat back four.

He may be the answer but I think you also have to consider just how much of Doc's problems stem from what is happening in front of him, Costa simply isn't at the races and Cav is injured so it might be as much about sorting the right hand side of the front three.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:32 am 
Manager
Manager

Sometimes it takes four or five windows before a head coach has anything like the type of squad he can mould in his ways.

Patience required along the journey.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Sometimes it takes four or five windows before a head coach has anything like the type of squad he can mould in his ways.

If Nuno doesn't deliver, Fosun won't be patient. That is the reality of the situation.

Promotion out of oblivion into the exposure of the Premier League has been achieved and now it is full steam ahead with their intent of trying to make Wolves an established fixture at the top table.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

If Nuno doesn't deliver, Fosun won't be patient. That is the reality of the situation.

Promotion out of oblivion into the exposure of the Premier League has been achieved and now it is full steam ahead with their intent of trying to make Wolves an established fixture at the top table.

Yeah, no 4 or 5 windows for Nuno. They won't pull the trigger before he's had a fair chance against varied oppo though.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:00 pm 

For goodness sake, guys!

What happened to all the 'In Nuno we trust'???

Johnny Castro looked excellent to me on Saturday. Has already adapted to life in England and in Prem after 2 weeks.

Jimenez likewise. Looks real class, despite only working with Jota Neves & co for a matter of days.

Agree that Doc much prefers playing with Cav than Costa, but PLEASE can we not be writing off players 2 games into the season??? Football is all about CONFIDENCE (as well as players, coaches, shape....). If our players lose confidence because WE lose confidence, then we really ARE in the mire.

Me? I anticipate a decent performance Saturday, and I will be there to see a great win at West Ham...

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:57 am 
Manager
Manager

Going by Thelwell's comments they really thought Zinchenko was in the bag when they let Douglas go. Just hope Vinagre and Giles are given the chance to step up.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Going by Thelwell's comments they really thought Zinchenko was in the bag when they let Douglas go. Just hope Vinagre and Giles are given the chance to step up.

He was !!! ....In the minds of both clubs. The lad simply didn't want to come and play first team football every week. His choice. We have to move on with what we have until January.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:54 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

He was !!! ....In the minds of both clubs. The lad simply didn't want to come and play first team football every week. His choice. We have to move on with what we have until January.

We need to be mighty lucky in terms of injuries and suspensions, this league is harsh.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Whether they actually go to matches is another question.

Typical. The most critical and biggest know-it-alls I've encountered are fans who haven't been to a game for years or even at all by choice

Radio phone ins attract a special kinda beaut - always amused me how they'd rip players and managers to pieces and have all the answers after watching Jeff Stelling and co all afternoon

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:29 am 
Manager
Manager

Whats enjoyable for me at this time after totally outclassing Burnley is although many fans will get ahead of themselves.

The coach, staff and players will remain grounded.

Its the sheer professionalism that begins with Nuno and is evident throughout them all.

Reason being Most sides in the Premier league can hit a streak of games without a win,

It could happen to us, rest assured though Nuno will approach each game just trying to get his system working and in good order.

SHEER PROFESSIONALISM. Love that.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat