Manager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zuAlW5TWn0

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: World Cup memories.
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:16 pm 
First XI
First XI

In the end Croatia were fitter, stronger and more determined than us. We hardly had a kick after half time. Sad but how many time have we been made to rue missed chances down the Mol, too many to count I am guessing.

STILL PROUD THOUGH, WELL DONE GARETH AND THE LADS.

Roll on the proper Football :)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:33 am 
Manager
Manager

Surprised more hasn't been made of how Croatia seemed not to be fatigued in that game, remarkable levels of endurance normally associated with PEDs, looked dead on their feet against Russia...

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:48 am 
Manager
Manager

Excellent point. Perhaps they all have asthma ?

I said to my dear old Dad before the game. The faraway stares in some of their eyes before the game reminded me of something I just couldn't put my finger on.

I remember now...

Methadone Clinics

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:08 am 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Surprised more hasn't been made of how Croatia seemed not to be fatigued in that game, remarkable levels of endurance normally associated with PEDs, looked dead on their feet against Russia...

I thought there were two tactically rank performances during the World Cup, one by Argentina and that one by England.
Both nations giving their opponents the freedom of the park to pass and move without restriction.

Giving false impressions of running power and endurance.

If the space is there, players will play to their maximum

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

I thought there were two tactically rank performances during the World Cup, one by Argentina and that one by England.
Both nations giving their opponents the freedom of the park to pass and move without restriction.

Yep, that's what happened in the second half, and it was like watching a car crash in slow motion. Was it inexperience on Southgate's part tactically, or lack of game management (!) on the international stage by the players? Or, were we just not good enough? Had Kane taken that first half chance when he should have buried it, and Croatia got very lucky with the bounce of the ball, do you think they have come back from 2-0 down? I've never seen a game of football with two such contrasting halves.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:44 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

Yep, that's what happened in the second half, and it was like watching a car crash in slow motion. Was it inexperience on Southgate's part tactically, or lack of game management (!) on the international stage by the players? Or, were we just not good enough? Had Kane taken that first half chance when he should have buried it, and Croatia got very lucky with the bounce of the ball, do you think they have come back from 2-0 down? I've never seen a game of football with two such contrasting halves.

Southgates trust in players like Lingard and Ali to correct their position when out of posssession was sadly missplaced trust.

Once Henderson was isolated the opponents were able to control the ball and match, driving Englands wingbacks into deeper defensive positions.
Unlike Wolves Englands lateral movement was shocking, Nuno is twice the coach of Gareth.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

That is what Spain and Barcelona used to claim. Then we had the expose of the Spanish doctor and the rumours of systematic doping in Spanish sport since the Barcelona Olympics were largely proven true.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 43284.html

Again after 120 mins of football against England Croatia looked as fresh as daisies, even more energy than the French. Rakitic has played over 70 games this season, just not credible.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Southgate came up short tactically, he should hire another coach who can help with that side of the job, his subs rarely worked. Some squad choices still look odd, no proper LB, Phil Jones, Delph and Welbeck all poor choices.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Southgate came up short tactically, he should hire another coach who can help with that side of the job, his subs rarely worked. Some squad choices still look odd, no proper LB, Phil Jones, Delph and Welbeck all poor choices.

Agree, mostly, Southgate will get better tactically with both experience and a couple of better players coming into his squads. We have no midfield general and the left back spot for me was Rose instead of Young, who keeps cutting inside and crossing, telegraphing the opposition so openly. Sessegnon of Fulham would possibly have been better too, we'll never know. Agree also about needing a better No.2 alongside him and I wonder if a fit and firing Jack Wiltshire at West Ham might force his way back into the squad..?? Certainly, Jones, Delph and Welbeck should not have been there in my view.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

Good shout, id hope he had enough about him to admit the errors (at least to himself) and get someone in to learn from.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

whelp wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

Good shout, id hope he had enough about him to admit the errors (at least to himself) and get someone in to learn from.

Southgate created a team. First step to creating a winning team, but only the first step.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

The Police in Paris are still looking for the prankster who shouted congratulations in German during the post-final celebrations. Tragically to revellers were killed in the rush to surrender.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat