Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Share On:

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: World Cup memories.
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19150
Location: WV4 and WL4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zuAlW5TWn0

:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: World Cup memories.
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:16 pm 
Offline
First XI
First XI
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:02 pm
Posts: 2391
In the end Croatia were fitter, stronger and more determined than us. We hardly had a kick after half time. Sad but how many time have we been made to rue missed chances down the Mol, too many to count I am guessing.

STILL PROUD THOUGH, WELL DONE GARETH AND THE LADS.

Roll on the proper Football :)

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup memories.
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:33 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 4371
Location: London
Surprised more hasn't been made of how Croatia seemed not to be fatigued in that game, remarkable levels of endurance normally associated with PEDs, looked dead on their feet against Russia...

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup memories.
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:48 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16636
Location: Moved
Excellent point. Perhaps they all have asthma ?

I said to my dear old Dad before the game. The faraway stares in some of their eyes before the game reminded me of something I just couldn't put my finger on.

I remember now...

Methadone Clinics

_________________
Nuke Gay Whales


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup memories.
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:08 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24768
Location: Cannock.
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Surprised more hasn't been made of how Croatia seemed not to be fatigued in that game, remarkable levels of endurance normally associated with PEDs, looked dead on their feet against Russia...


I thought there were two tactically rank performances during the World Cup, one by Argentina and that one by England.
Both nations giving their opponents the freedom of the park to pass and move without restriction.

Giving false impressions of running power and endurance.

If the space is there, players will play to their maximum

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup memories.
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19150
Location: WV4 and WL4
knocker knowles wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Surprised more hasn't been made of how Croatia seemed not to be fatigued in that game, remarkable levels of endurance normally associated with PEDs, looked dead on their feet against Russia...


I thought there were two tactically rank performances during the World Cup, one by Argentina and that one by England.
Both nations giving their opponents the freedom of the park to pass and move without restriction.

Giving false impressions of running power and endurance.

If the space is there, players will play to their maximum


Yep, that's what happened in the second half, and it was like watching a car crash in slow motion. Was it inexperience on Southgate's part tactically, or lack of game management (!) on the international stage by the players? Or, were we just not good enough? Had Kane taken that first half chance when he should have buried it, and Croatia got very lucky with the bounce of the ball, do you think they have come back from 2-0 down? I've never seen a game of football with two such contrasting halves.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup memories.
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:44 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24768
Location: Cannock.
Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Surprised more hasn't been made of how Croatia seemed not to be fatigued in that game, remarkable levels of endurance normally associated with PEDs, looked dead on their feet against Russia...


I thought there were two tactically rank performances during the World Cup, one by Argentina and that one by England.
Both nations giving their opponents the freedom of the park to pass and move without restriction.

Giving false impressions of running power and endurance.

If the space is there, players will play to their maximum


Yep, that's what happened in the second half, and it was like watching a car crash in slow motion. Was it inexperience on Southgate's part tactically, or lack of game management (!) on the international stage by the players? Or, were we just not good enough? Had Kane taken that first half chance when he should have buried it, and Croatia got very lucky with the bounce of the ball, do you think they have come back from 2-0 down? I've never seen a game of football with two such contrasting halves.


Southgates trust in players like Lingard and Ali to correct their position when out of posssession was sadly missplaced trust.

Once Henderson was isolated the opponents were able to control the ball and match, driving Englands wingbacks into deeper defensive positions.
Unlike Wolves Englands lateral movement was shocking, Nuno is twice the coach of Gareth.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup memories.
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:25 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 4371
Location: London
knocker knowles wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Surprised more hasn't been made of how Croatia seemed not to be fatigued in that game, remarkable levels of endurance normally associated with PEDs, looked dead on their feet against Russia...


I thought there were two tactically rank performances during the World Cup, one by Argentina and that one by England.
Both nations giving their opponents the freedom of the park to pass and move without restriction.

Giving false impressions of running power and endurance.

If the space is there, players will play to their maximum


That is what Spain and Barcelona used to claim. Then we had the expose of the Spanish doctor and the rumours of systematic doping in Spanish sport since the Barcelona Olympics were largely proven true.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 43284.html

Again after 120 mins of football against England Croatia looked as fresh as daisies, even more energy than the French. Rakitic has played over 70 games this season, just not credible.

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup memories.
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:27 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 4371
Location: London
Southgate came up short tactically, he should hire another coach who can help with that side of the job, his subs rarely worked. Some squad choices still look odd, no proper LB, Phil Jones, Delph and Welbeck all poor choices.

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup memories.
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:43 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7719
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Southgate came up short tactically, he should hire another coach who can help with that side of the job, his subs rarely worked. Some squad choices still look odd, no proper LB, Phil Jones, Delph and Welbeck all poor choices.



Agree, mostly, Southgate will get better tactically with both experience and a couple of better players coming into his squads. We have no midfield general and the left back spot for me was Rose instead of Young, who keeps cutting inside and crossing, telegraphing the opposition so openly. Sessegnon of Fulham would possibly have been better too, we'll never know. Agree also about needing a better No.2 alongside him and I wonder if a fit and firing Jack Wiltshire at West Ham might force his way back into the squad..?? Certainly, Jones, Delph and Welbeck should not have been there in my view.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup memories.
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:26 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:32 pm
Posts: 9133
Location: Raaahhhhhhley
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Southgate came up short tactically, he should hire another coach who can help with that side of the job, his subs rarely worked. Some squad choices still look odd, no proper LB, Phil Jones, Delph and Welbeck all poor choices.


Good shout, id hope he had enough about him to admit the errors (at least to himself) and get someone in to learn from.

_________________
Money cannot buy this round......
defended like beavers - Kamara 2009
there used to be a thing called 'natural selection' but its been stopped by 'health and safety'
www.vwcaddy.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup memories.
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:52 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16636
Location: Moved
whelp wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Southgate came up short tactically, he should hire another coach who can help with that side of the job, his subs rarely worked. Some squad choices still look odd, no proper LB, Phil Jones, Delph and Welbeck all poor choices.


Good shout, id hope he had enough about him to admit the errors (at least to himself) and get someone in to learn from.


Southgate created a team. First step to creating a winning team, but only the first step.

_________________
Nuke Gay Whales


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup memories.
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:02 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16636
Location: Moved
The Police in Paris are still looking for the prankster who shouted congratulations in German during the post-final celebrations. Tragically to revellers were killed in the rush to surrender.

_________________
Nuke Gay Whales


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.

cron