Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: Barry Douglas
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:37 am 
First XI
First XI

Off to dirty Leeds by the looks of things, Tim Spiers says we have accepted the offer. Another one we have outgrown?...........Thanks Bazza you were superb for us

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Barry Douglas
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:43 am 
Manager
Manager

CRADLEY DAVE wrote:
Off to dirty Leeds by the looks of things, Tim Spiers says we have accepted the offer. Another one we have outgrown?...........Thanks Bazza you were superb for us

We lose a goal scorer, and a superb crosser of the ball. I do hope we'll get a replacement that can do the same. Not look like he can on YouTube, but actually do it...... like Barry.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:56 am 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Douglas’ set pieces masked some of his deficiencies in open play and he is absolutely someone that can be replaced. He was fantastic for us and I would wish him well but this is how it’s going to be now for Wolves. Upgrade players on a regular basis to continue improving.

Nuno must see something in Giles and Vinagre to be able to backup the spot if we are shipping him out though. All signs point to Jonny Castro being the replacement from a starting perspective though.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:30 am 
Manager
Manager

Rumours that Wolves are also considering two English options for the left wing back slot.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:54 am 
Manager
Manager

Joe Bryan of Bristol City..???

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:17 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

I wonder how Luke Shaw is doing this preseason. He could do with a fresh start but I’ve lost touch with his career since injuries took their toll.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:26 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Barry Douglas is one of those that despite only spending one season with us, wherever he goes on to play, he will always be Wolves.

I don't get that feeling about many players. Never had it for Kevin Doyle for instance, even though he did very well for us in his first couple of years.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:39 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I may need to go into mourning if/when this happens :cry: He was a massive part of one of the best seasons I’ve ever known as a Wolves fan. He’ll always have a special place in my heart. He’ll be a superb signing for Leeds.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:33 pm 
YTS

Find this a strange one. Did great for us and really sad to see him go. My sons favourite player from last season so sentiment comes in to it.
Given what he offers I'm surprised he's not going to another premiership team from his perspective.
Feel sorry if we lose him and Cav- both made a great contribution to a great season and shame they missing their moment in the Prem with us having earned it.
Nuno knows best obviously but still...

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:34 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

lankywolf wrote:
Barry Douglas is one of those that despite only spending one season with us, wherever he goes on to play, he will always be Wolves.

I don't get that feeling about many players. Never had it for Kevin Doyle for instance, even though he did very well for us in his first couple of years.

I agree, an actual left footed left back was a bit of a rarity for us before his arrival, well any left back was, so when we signed Baz I was quite pleased and will be sad to see him go, but it had to happen really and the 5/6 million quoted fee is too good to turn down.

I'll miss those whipped in dead balls, so dangerous

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:05 pm 
First XI
First XI

Bazza made a massive contribution with his brilliant wand of a left foot. Good luck at your new club Barry. You will do well there and the fans will love you.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:51 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2017/18
Prediction League Winner 2017/18

Best left back since "Squeak" Derek Parkin.
Loved watching Douglas play, always thought he would score or assist when he took set pieces.
Leeds have signed a great Championship player, they will love him.
Good Luck and thanks for the memories!

www.myspace.com/wolverhamptonwanderersfc
"THE WOLVES"
ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

I hate leed's and love Bazza. Damn it's hard.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Don`t like this one bit.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:16 pm 
YTS

The reported £3m fee rubs salt in the wounds. I really hope Nuno has another wingback lined up.

5 goals and 14 assists last year; he often got us out of sticky situations with his dead ball ability when we weren’t playing all that well. Just watched the highlights of Bristol City away - a fine example of his worth.

Really can’t understand why we aren’t keeping him, even if only a backup to Jonny.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:30 am 
YTS

He does only have 1 year left on his contract, so maybe they didnt feel confident in offering him and extension and didnt want to lose him for nothing at the end of the season.

Sad to see him go but you only need to go back as far as the Afobe deal to realise that Wolves are not taking any passengers onboard for their current journey, and i have total faith that they are making the right decisions.

Lets hope we can look back at the end of the season and still say that..

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:31 am 
Manager
Manager

I think the coach is looking for more dynamism in the final third with the wing backs expected to go past players then produce quality.

Thanks Barry, you were excellent.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:41 am 
Manager
Manager

Nuno must have another wing back in mind, surely? Why lose a guy who was massively instrumental in saving so many games for us last season? Maybe Nuno thinks he will get torn apart defensively by quality Premier opposition..??? OK, only one year left on his deal but hey ho, let him have a go at the Prem and see how he gets on. He'll not get that chance now, unless Leeds get promoted....

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:57 am 
Manager
Manager

Standing by players because they fancy your daughter or put a shift in, is so.....well history.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:33 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

He was brilliant with dead ball.

But I can see the sense. His defensive abilities were 'not proven', and there were many games where I just wanted him to attack the full back - but he rarely did.

HUGE thanks for all the joy he brought last year, but better he do it again for someone else next year than sit on a subs bench....

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
He was brilliant with dead ball.

But I can see the sense. His defensive abilities were 'not proven', and there were many games where I just wanted him to attack the full back - but he rarely did.

HUGE thanks for all the joy he brought last year, but better he do it again for someone else next year than sit on a subs bench....

Picked up to do a job. Job done. Many thanks to Barry, For the club to make a profit on top of using his skill set so well, is so simply not Wolves. Boy have we changed in such a short space of time

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Still would have been decent as back up and, oh God, dirty Leeds?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:17 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

How good are we gonna be if we can get rid of a player like Bazza? only time will tell. For some it will be three games at most before they retire to air their angst on Sohshul Meedya. :lol:

On the contrary. it may only be three games before they were completely correct and court your admiration.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:00 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Good bit of business all round, best of luck, great effort last season.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:04 am 
Manager
Manager

The reason he left, so I've heard, is that there was a bust-up between him and Nuno on the summer tour. I don't know what it was about but the chap next to me yesterday told me and when I mentioned it on the train back home a couple of guys had said that they'd heard the rumour as well. It doesn't make it true, I recognise, but Jonny Castro is a great replacement...although it would be good to have someone who can take a decent corner.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
The reason he left, so I've heard, is that there was a bust-up between him and Nuno on the summer tour. I don't know what it was about but the chap next to me yesterday told me and when I mentioned it on the train back home a couple of guys had said that they'd heard the rumour as well. It doesn't make it true, I recognise, but Jonny Castro is a great replacement...although it would be good to have someone who can take a decent corner.

Rumour was the bust-up was down to Bazza wetting his newborns yed, during pre-season, and Nuno has a zero alcohol policy. Kinda sad if true, but if that's the level of Nuno's professionalism, then so be it.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

Rumour was the bust-up was down to Bazza wetting his newborns yed, during pre-season, and Nuno has a zero alcohol policy. Kinda sad if true, but if that's the level of Nuno's professionalism, then so be it.

Ta Dave. Interesting stuff.

You've probably seen the pics of Afobe's floozie allegedly when on club duty. Would you? :shock: :mrgreen: Wolves being disrespectful to him whilst his wife was expecting my arse!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Embers wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

Ta Dave. Interesting stuff.

You've probably seen the pics of Afobe's floozie allegedly when on club duty. Would you? :shock:
:mrgreen: Wolves being disrespectful to him whilst his wife was expecting my arse!

Afobe's antics are an embarrassment, but I guess it shows that despite having all the money in the world, pro footballers cannot live a normal life. It's a shame in a way, as I imagine he would have put a couple off those 30 chances away yesterday.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:22 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:

Afobe's antics are an embarrassment, but I guess it shows that despite having all the money in the world, pro footballers cannot live a normal life. It's a shame in a way, as I imagine he would have put a couple off those 30 chances away yesterday.

All very interesting, Dave, but would you, though? Would you have put the chance away if she'd offered? :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Embers wrote:

All very interesting, Dave, but would you, though? Would you have put the chance away if she'd offered? :mrgreen:

Rhetorical question?

I get the impression Embers would shag a hole in the fence given half a chance

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat