Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: Carl Ikeme
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:11 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Has retired from football. Sad news, but not a total surprise. Hope he has a happy and healthy retirement.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Carl Ikeme
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:41 am 
First XI
First XI

Cally wrote:
Has retired from football. Sad news, but not a total surprise. Hope he has a happy and healthy retirement.

Not surprising. I wish him the best that life can give someone who has been through what he has. Good luck mate and thanks for being a big part in our club.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:01 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Almost inevitable I suppose... But what's happened to him in the past year or so has probably put things sharply in perspective. It's only a game at the end of the day, and he has a young family who've been through the mill with him in the last year. He is correct to focus his immediate future on spending some QT with them.

I'm sure he'll remain as an ambassador for the club and one day may return in another capacity. But that's for another day, enjoy your retirement Carl, see ya round.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:57 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Good luck in your retirement big man!

You were underestimated by many Wolves fans, but have given us some great memories to treasure. Hopefully the club will find a role for you in the coming months, and help you get to the next phase in your life and career. 32 is too young to retire!!

Enjoy time with your family, and enjoy being part of a club on the up, and remember - you were a key part of the renaissance!!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:23 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2017/18
Prediction League Winner 2017/18

I would have been more surprised had he come back to play professional football.
Hope the future is as good as it can be for you Big Man.
Always gave his best and I for one appreciated it!
FWAW

www.myspace.com/wolverhamptonwanderersfc
"THE WOLVES"
ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

Sad but inevitable, thanks for the memories. Surely the Club will have a role for him in the future?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:13 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

a wonderful goalkeeper and a wonderful man. there comes a time in your life (if you are lucky and you get through it) when your perspectives and priorities experience a tsunami. i can empathise and totally understand where he is @ now. he has been lucky to get through this most darkening of traumas. most do not.
football will be irrelevant right now as will be the expectations and dreams that this very false existence supplants on us all.
i suffered a stroke 6 years ago, flatlined twice, was cabbaged for nine weeks, got medically retired and have nothing from my past. i will leave you with a quote (it is where you reside when you have witnessed the distress that your life has on others)....
`the richest man is not he who has most, but he who needs least`

a man who does not raise a family will never have wisdom , he will not be worthy of debate or argument and he will perish within a life of mediocrity. no matter how great or foul his deeds he will be forgotten within but one lifetime.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:13 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SALOPWOLF wrote:
a wonderful goalkeeper and a wonderful man. there comes a time in your life (if you are lucky and you get through it) when your perspectives and priorities experience a tsunami. i can empathise and totally understand where he is @ now. he has been lucky to get through this most darkening of traumas. most do not.
football will be irrelevant right now as will be the expectations and dreams that this very false existence supplants on us all.
i suffered a stroke 6 years ago, flatlined twice, was cabbaged for nine weeks, got medically retired and have nothing from my past. i will leave you with a quote (it is where you reside when you have witnessed the distress that your life has on others)....
`the richest man is not he who has most, but he who needs least`

I remember you from those years SALOP, you were a pain in the bollocks .

Get into um an fuck em off SALOP :wink: :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:17 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

:-) an ex copper, the system, an order follower. we need pains in this world, just not the system kind lol.

a man who does not raise a family will never have wisdom , he will not be worthy of debate or argument and he will perish within a life of mediocrity. no matter how great or foul his deeds he will be forgotten within but one lifetime.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat