Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: On Our Way Back........
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:48 am 
First XI
First XI

.....A 152 page book detailing the story of our unforgettable 2017/18 promotion season is available from October 1st. Authored by E&S Wolves reporter Tim Spiers we can order via freephone 0800 146540. Lines are open 9.00 till 6.30 in the week except Wednesday 10.00 till 6.30, Saturday 9.30 till 1.30.
Cost is 9.99 plus 2.99 p&p. Also available at selected local stockists ( sorry but I don't know which stockists as yet).

email starservice@expressandstar.co.uk for more details.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:32 am 
Manager
Manager

Thanks for the info, DGB. Cheers.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

Is he a good enough writer, I seem to remember him supporting Lambert and the British way while doubting Fosun and Mendes.

So do we also question his knowledge and insight.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:24 pm 
First XI
First XI

knocker knowles wrote:
Is he a good enough writer, I seem to remember him supporting Lambert and the British way while doubting Fosun and Mendes.

So do we also question his knowledge and insight.

What a pompous response. Give him a ring and ask him yourself. Let us know how you get on. Christ above. :roll:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

Lol

I think it's a valid point though, especially as he's looking to make a few quid out of wolves fans

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:16 pm 
First XI
First XI

chriskamara wrote:
Lol

I think it's a valid point though, especially as he's looking to make a few quid out of wolves fans

It's an E&S publication. The paper will make the bunce I bet.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:13 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Does the first chapter cover his slagging off of Fosun for sacking Lambert, appointing Nuno, Mendes being the devil and foreign players not knowing the championship?

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:20 am 
First XI
First XI

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Does the first chapter cover his slagging off of Fosun for sacking Lambert, appointing Nuno, Mendes being the devil and foreign players not knowing the championship?

And so what? People on here did the same I bet (me for one) but it don't stop us from supporting the club celebrating our success does it? I don't know what the first chapter says. Buy it and find out.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:53 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
.....A 152 page book detailing the story of our unforgettable 2017/18 promotion season is available from October 1st. Authored by E&S Wolves reporter Tim Spiers we can order via freephone 0800 146540. Lines are open 9.00 till 6.30 in the week except Wednesday 10.00 till 6.30, Saturday 9.30 till 1.30.
Cost is 9.99 plus 2.99 p&p. Also available at selected local stockists ( sorry but I don't know which stockists as yet).

Will it make me irresistible to women though DGB and make me a better putter?

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:11 am 
First XI
First XI

Rozza wrote:

Will it make me irresistible to women though DGB and make me a better putter?

According to the women I know in Raby Street you are already irresistable. An impressive truncheon they tell me.

As for your putting I've heard it rattles around the hole a bit before sinking in. :D

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

And so what? People on here did the same I bet (me for one) but it don't stop us from supporting the club celebrating our success does it? I don't know what the first chapter says. Buy it and find out.

Don't you think it's relevant?

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:34 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Surely you will buy it and read it if you want. Nobody is forcing anyone to. it is written by a journalist so should be reasonably readable and I understand that Mr Spiers has bought in to the Nuno regime now. Is having a different opinion at the beginning some sort of crime? I remember KK telling us how Lambert was going to create a FOOTBALL TEAM with people who can pass, I bet he hasn't questioned his own knowledge and insight since.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:05 pm 
First XI
First XI

chriskamara wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Don't you think it's relevant?

Not in the slightest.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Surely you will buy it and read it if you want. Nobody is forcing anyone to. it is written by a journalist so should be reasonably readable and I understand that Mr Spiers has bought in to the Nuno regime now. Is having a different opinion at the beginning some sort of crime? I remember KK telling us how Lambert was going to create a FOOTBALL TEAM with people who can pass, I bet he hasn't questioned his own knowledge and insight since.

Yep. On your general theme, I had misgivings about Mendes at first and was unsure about what might happen under the Fosun regime. Time passes, events take their course and opinions change. That seems to me to be a healthy outlook.

I'll add another thought: both myself and someone I know thought Cavaleiro wasn't worth half the money we bought him for around the time of last New Year. At the end of the season we'd changed our minds. He played a trump card yesterday as well.

Those who are sceptical at first and remain sceptical despite all the evidence to the contrary because they don't want to admit they were wrong are as blind as those who jump into everything feet first without question of any ramifications.

And don't get me started on Brexit! :shock:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:

I won't be buying KK's book either

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:05 am 
Manager
Manager

My mistake was a few years before asking for a continental coach to come in and totally transform the club with a positional playing style.

Which would also mean a complete overall of the playing squad from runners into technical thinkers.

My mistake was asking for Ståle Solbakken when the then chairman and chief executive couldn't see or wish to afford the bigger picture.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:53 am 
Manager
Manager

Are you forgetting when you backed Saunders and said he would make the same signings you'd go for?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:39 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
My mistake was a few years before asking for a continental coach to come in and totally transform the club with a positional playing style.

Which would also mean a complete overall of the playing squad from runners into technical thinkers.

My mistake was asking for Ståle Solbakken when the then chairman and chief executive couldn't see or wish to afford the bigger picture.

Confirms my point.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:58 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

SELWolf wrote:
Left back wrote:

Yep. On your general theme, I had misgivings about Mendes at first and was unsure about what might happen under the Fosun regime. Time passes, events take their course and opinions change. That seems to me to be a healthy outlook.

I'll add another thought: both myself and someone I know thought Cavaleiro wasn't worth half the money we bought him for around the time of last New Year. At the end of the season we'd changed our minds. He played a trump card yesterday as well.
posting.php?mode=quote&f=23&p=1092497#
Those who are sceptical at first and remain sceptical despite all the evidence to the contrary because they don't want to admit they were wrong are as blind as those who jump into everything feet first without question of any ramifications.

And don't get me started on Brexit! :shock:

I've highlighted one part but agree with all of the post.
I wanted Paul Lambert to have a chance with a pre-season and more of the players he wanted.
You could have added the Caveleiro that Nuno had,not the waste of a shirt PL had.
Who could argue with what has taken place under Nuno,I just love it along with everyone else.
Was I wrong to support PL at that time,no I don't think so.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:10 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

I bought the official book celebrating our promotion so I don't need another one, especially not one written by a guy who spent the first couple of months sticking the boot in on social media and now looks to profit on the back of our success

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:59 pm 
First XI
First XI

knocker knowles wrote:

We've all made mistakes in our choice of coach and manager. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I would have been ecstatic if we had employed Nigel Pearson. Oops.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:00 pm 
First XI
First XI

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

I bought the official book celebrating our promotion so I don't need another one, especially not one written by a guy who spent the first couple of months sticking the boot in on social media and now looks to profit on the back of our success

I've got the official book as well. Picked up the E&S publication today. Looks a very impressive and well-put-together publication. A collectors item in days to come. I repeat - this is an E&S publication. Spiers is paid by the E&S a wage to write stuff. If you think he is going to cop a bundle for authoring this I think you are wrong. Keep smiling. It's the only way.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:53 am 
Manager
Manager

I'd have thought he'd receive some kind of remuneration - writing a book seems above and beyond for a journalist/blogger

Then again according to E and S, much of the content is copied and pasted from last season's reports and interviews so perhaps this is part of his day to day as opposed to his magnum opus

Who wrote the official book? Might make for a decent Xmas present for a nephew

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:07 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

better than any book imo......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpo5VF0PkAk

a man who does not raise a family will never have wisdom , he will not be worthy of debate or argument and he will perish within a life of mediocrity. no matter how great or foul his deeds he will be forgotten within but one lifetime.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Bought the DVD of our promotion under Mick, never watched it, perhaps I will now.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:20 am 
First XI
First XI

chriskamara wrote:
I'd have thought he'd receive some kind of remuneration - writing a book seems above and beyond for a journalist/blogger

Then again according to E and S, much of the content is copied and pasted from last season's reports and interviews so perhaps this is part of his day to day as opposed to his magnum opus

Who wrote the official book? Might make for a decent Xmas present for a nephew

We Are Wolves - We Are Champions. Authored by Paul Berry.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat