Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:58 am 
Manager
Manager

Yes, sad as it is, I will be there tonight, another ground for me to tick off on my quest to visit all 92 as well as again watching some promising young players try and make their way in the game. Going up from Swindon to Mansfield on the train and staying overnight at a local hotel. If I can get wi-fi in the stadium ( Scunthorpe was virtually non existent), I will update scores. If not then I will post the result etc once back at the hotel after the game.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:44 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Cheers! Look forward to receiving!

And good luck with a hotel in Mansfield....!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Yes, sad as it is, I will be there tonight, another ground for me to tick off on my quest to visit all 92 as well as again watching some promising young players try and make their way in the game. Going up from Swindon to Mansfield on the train and staying overnight at a local hotel. If I can get wi-fi in the stadium ( Scunthorpe was virtually non existent), I will update scores. If not then I will post the result etc once back at the hotel after the game.

Good lad.

The last time I was there, Mick Stowell trod on a nail in the warm-up and was substituted before the start. We lost 1-3 and were dire.

Better luck tonight. :)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Cheers! Look forward to receiving!

And good luck with a hotel in Mansfield....!

Staying at the Mansfield Lodge, decent place, 15 mins walk from station and to the ground. Nice sunny day so far.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Good lad.

The last time I was there, Mick Stowell trod on a nail in the warm-up and was substituted before the start. We lost 1-3 and were dire.

We'll nail it, warn..... :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
warn wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Good lad.

We'll nail it, warn..... :lol:

Hope so :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:55 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Oh dear, 1 down after 4 minutes and they've hit the bar as well

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:00 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

warn wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Good lad.

The last time I was there was fookin magic, we were 2-0 down at half time and the half time entertainment stood on the pitch taking the piss out of us on his mike. He announced that the winner of the match raffle had won the princely sum of four cans of lager :lol: , no pie and a pint then. We went on to win 2-3 with a Robbie Dennison smasher and we all shit we sen with glee.
My enduring memory of that game though was sitting above the home fans and watching with interest a group of deaf mute home fans conversing with each other, I was fascinated by their interractions.

Out of nowhere a couple of lads came from our seats to lean over their fans and howled at them to attract their attention.

Once they had their audience they began to rip the piss out of them in ever increasingly animated sign language, it was sheer fuckin one off brilliance, I sat back and enjoyed every minute as the home fans returned the animated abuse, it reminded me of the scene in Close Encounters of the Third kind when the mother Alien ship takes over the human musical note conversation .

:lol: loff

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
warn wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Good lad.

The last time I was there was fookin magic, we were 2-0 down at half time and the half time entertainment stood on the pitch taking the piss out of us on his mike. He announced that the winner of the match raffle had won the princely sum of four cans of lager :lol: , no pie and a pint then. We went on to win 2-3 with a Robbie Dennison smasher and we all shit we sen with glee.
My enduring memory of that game though was sitting above the home fans and watching with interest a group of deaf mute home fans conversing with each other, I was fascinated by their interractions.

Out of nowhere a couple of lads came from our seats to lean over their fans and howled at them to attract their attention.

Once they had their audience they began to rip the piss out of them in ever increasingly animated sign language, it was sheer fuckin one off brilliance, I sat back and enjoyed every minute as the home fans returned the animated abuse, it reminded me of the scene in Close Encounters of the Third kind when the mother Alien ship takes over the human musical note conversation .

:lol: loff

Not funny. :roll:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

It was.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
It was.

What? Taking the piss out of folk with disabilities? :roll: Jesus wept! FFS, Rozza, get a grip with yourself.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:52 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:
It was.

What? Taking the piss out of folk with disabilities? :roll: Jesus wept! FFS, Rozza, get a grip with yourself.

You obviously have not read the content and have totally missed who was taking the 'piss' out of who. :roll:

Both parties were using their enforced unique language to take the piss out of each other, I as a bystander had no idea what messages they were conveying but it was a one-off and very funny, but hey ho different strokes innit.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:
It was.

You obviously have not read the content and have totally missed who was taking the 'piss' out of who. :roll:

Both parties were using their enforced unique language to take the piss out of each other, I as a bystander had no idea what messages they were conveying but it was a one-off and very funny, but hey ho different strokes innit.

Each to their own and spin and counter spin.

It ain't funny.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Only a ginger can call another ginger a ginger :roll: , anyway what's the score.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Only a ginger can call another ginger a ginger :roll: , anyway what's the score.

Circumspection is a wonderful thing except for those who don't have it.

We're losing 2-1. Goncalves scored for us.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Oh well, we lost 2-1 and I understand that it was a dire experience from our point of view.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Right, to get back on topic..... :lol: we lost 2-1, well beaten overall but good learning curve for all the young lads against a far more physically and mentally stronger opponent. The first few minutes saw us under immense pressure and we could have been three down inside ten minutes. The defence was all at sea during that spell but settled down gradually. Jordan Graham started for them but got subbed in the second half and he was largely anonymous. Dominic Iorfa started for us, he did not impress sadly....maybe as the teamsheet showed him as D.Iorea made him live up to that in his display... :lol: :lol:

Crowd was 1112, with 131 away fans but that was 132 with me in the main stand....

Norris 6 - one cracking save from a free kick but at fault with the second goal.
Giles. 5. Good attacking but not defending.
Ashley-Seal - 5. Very poor and not up to this level physically.
Goncalves - 6. Some jinky runs but lost possession too much. Great goal from his free kick into the top corner. Booked.
Alves - 4. Poor all game, subbed late on.
Rasmussen - 5. Tried hard but lost possession too much.
Diallo 8. The one real bright star of our show. This lad will make the first team in time. Ya ya Toure Mark two.
Ennis 5 - again tries hard but not effective. One good shot first half.
John - 5. Shaky start but settled better as game wore on. Booked.
Kilman - 6 Started shakily as did the whole defence but improved well. Booked.
Iorfa 4 - He should stand out at this level but didnt. Fallen away massive in two years. Sad.

Sub: Samuels for Alves. Not on long enough to judge a score.

We still played a nice Nuno style passing and possession game but lack in physicality at this level but when all is said and done, it's all good experience for them, win, lose or draw. They kept at it despite being second best all game, so fair play to them.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Right, to get back on topic..... :lol: we lost 2-1, well beaten overall but good learning curve for all the young lads against a far more physically and mentally stronger opponent. The first few minutes saw us under immense pressure and we could have been three down inside ten minutes. The defence was all at sea during that spell but settled down gradually. Jordan Graham started for them but got subbed in the second half and he was largely anonymous. Dominic Iorfa started for us, he did not impress sadly....maybe as the teamsheet showed him as D.Iorea made him live up to that in his display... :lol: :lol:

Crowd was 1112, with 131 away fans but that was 132 with me in the main stand....

Norris 6 - one cracking save from a free kick but at fault with the second goal.
Giles. 5. Good attacking but not defending.
Ashley-Seal - 5. Very poor and not up to this level physically.
Goncalves - 6. Some jinky runs but lost possession too much. Great goal from his free kick into the top corner. Booked.
Alves - 4. Poor all game, subbed late on.
Rasmussen - 5. Tried hard but lost possession too much.
Diallo 8. The one real bright star of our show. This lad will make the first team in time. Ya ya Toure Mark two.
Ennis 5 - again tries hard but not effective. One good shot first half.
John - 5. Shaky start but settled better as game wore on. Booked.
Kilman - 6 Started shakily as did the whole defence but improved well. Booked.
Iorfa 4 - He should stand out at this level but didnt. Fallen away massive in two years. Sad.

Sub: Samuels for Alves. Not on long enough to judge a score.

We still played a nice Nuno style passing and possession game but lack in physicality at this level but when all is said and done, it's all good experience for them, win, lose or draw. They kept at it despite being second best all game, so fair play to them.

Thanks for that, Mr G. It compares with what I've read elsewhere. Have a good evening and at least you've ticked another ground off. :wink:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cheers, to cap a bad evening, the hotel bar closed early and I got back to tea or coffee instead of a brandy. Ah well.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:06 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Cheers, to cap a bad evening, the hotel bar closed early and I got back to tea or coffee instead of a brandy. Ah well.

Shit happens. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:08 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:

Think yourself lucky you got out of there alive. They still sacrifice virgins and eat people in Mansfield. The film Deliverance was originally going to be filmed there, but it was too dangerous for the crew

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Think yourself lucky you got out of there alive. They still sacrifice virgins and eat people in Mansfield. The film Deliverance was originally going to be filmed there, but it was too dangerous for the crew

:-) The locals saw my black coat with the wolfs head badge on and steered clear of me.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:24 am 
Manager
Manager

The Jordan Graham playing for Mansfield has nothing to do with the Jordan Graham signed to Wolves, who is on loan at Ipswich.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:30 am 
Manager
Manager

These games beg the question how many overage players are required to make these games competitive.

I see Walsall beat Mboro with a bunch of kids helped by experience in key positions.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:38 am 
Manager
Manager

The timing doesn't help as they are always during international weeks when the best young players are away with their nations anyway.

That Mansfield changed seven players from their last league outing and still comfortably beat us is a pretty worrying fact for our players to dwell on when considering their likelihood of breaking through at Wolves.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat