Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: IT'S BEEN COMING
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:23 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2017/18

Well done Watford!, had a bad feeling about the game, as an old wolf, I remember them battering us several times at Molineux.
No complaints today, they wanted it more than us, we never got started!!

www.myspace.com/wolverhamptonwanderersfc
"THE WOLVES"
ImageImageImage

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: IT'S BEEN COMING
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:37 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I'm not usually one to offer up excuses, but I do think the international break has disrupted us. We've had half our squad away whilst Watford had relatively few call ups and I think it told today. I was slightly surprised to see Jiminez start up front after he played a full 90 mins in Mexico on Wednesday night and I thought he had his worst game for us... Coincidence?

I think it may be time make the odd tweak. Not an overhaul, as its only one defeat, but the sentiment of the OP is correct in that the performance level has dropped in the last few games even if the results have still been there.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:48 pm 

lankywolf wrote:
I'm not usually one to offer up excuses, but I do think the international break has disrupted us. We've had half our squad away whilst Watford had relatively few call ups and I think it told today. I was slightly surprised to see Jiminez start up front after he played a full 90 mins in Mexico on Wednesday night and I thought he had his worst game for us... Coincidence?

I think it may be time make the odd tweak. Not an overhaul, as its only one defeat, but the sentiment of the OP is correct in that the performance level has dropped in the last few games even if the results have still been there.

We looked tired and way off the pace today, players should be able to play 2 games a week, BUT, I do think our squad was definitely below par, maybe internationals, jet lag etc took its toll.
Still think Wolves will finish above Watford in the table at the end of the season.

"THE WOLVES"
ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am 
Manager
Manager

The substitution of Vinagre for Jonny recognised the need to keep the ball wide rather than in traffic.

Expect a left footed signing in January

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:47 am 
Manager
Manager

Time for Plan B

When you pick the same team week in week out, and tell your opponents you will play the same way no matter what, teams at this level will adapt, and come up with a way to beat your A game.

Nuno has to change up a touch, and tweak here and there.

He will. In Nuno we trust.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:10 am 
Manager
Manager

WE found it difficult when Southampton put 5 in the middle in the second half and we found it difficult when Watford put 5 in the middle from the start.

Hopefully Nuno will learn from this. We can't play the same way against 5 in the middle.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:15 pm 

[quote="SELWolf"]WE found it difficult when Southampton put 5 in the middle in the second half and we found it difficult when Watford put 5 in the middle from the start.

Hopefully Nuno will learn from this. We can't play the same way against 5 in the middle.

Nuno simply has to change his tactics accordingly to compete with teams who know how to beat us.
Brighton next week will be interesting, does he stay with the same starting team? same tactics?
Think I would make 3 changes, the team needs it.

"THE WOLVES"
ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:59 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
WE found it difficult when Southampton put 5 in the middle in the second half and we found it difficult when Watford put 5 in the middle from the start.

Neves and Moutinho will always find pockets of space to use the ball with one or two touch football as required.
How we naturally evolve depends on how and when defenders and inside forwards join in.

The last thing we want is to many players flattening out on the same line.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:27 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
The substitution of Vinagre for Jonny recognised the need to keep the ball wide rather than in traffic.

Jonny is good but it has been an underlying issue. Wonder how much not having that width on that side has affected Jota?

I seem to remember Doherty used to play on the left so could swap them over or give Vinagre a go.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:33 am 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Jonny is good but it has been an underlying issue. Wonder how much not having that width on that side has affected Jota?

I seem to remember Doherty used to play on the left so could swap them over or give Vinagre a go.

That's my concern as well, Jota requires a wing back who will play outside him, stretching the opposition and creating one on one situations.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:28 am 
Manager
Manager

Ivan Cavaleiro and Ruben Vinagre offer us something that Diogo Jota, Helder Costa and Adama Traore dont offer us.

Quality quick passing when required in the opponents half.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:35 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Agree KK.

In recent weeks, what has concerned me has been the decline in the PACE of our attacks and passing. We have looked dangerous ONLY when breaking at speed. Our build up play looks good in terms of 'possession' stats (but Leicester showed 2 years ago what a nonsense they are!!), but our ponderous attacking means opposition defences can get well organised to repel us.

We need to get back to the quick exchanges of passes that expose defenders on the turn. KK is quite right that Vinagre & Cav looked to move the ball much more quickly. Yes - you get more mistakes in doing so, but the pay-off is many more real chances being created.

Just need to put them in the onion bag....

Let's have a real good go on Saturday. It MAY mean we have to let teams come at us more and commit themselves forward so we can break quickly.

We also don't have a 'destroyer' in midfield (come back Paul Ince, nearly all is forgiven!), which means when sides do get the upper hand in midfield, we look a bit exposed. Perhaps Nuno needs a second style of play - with say Saiss sitting behind Neves & Moutinho, and just 2 marauders up front.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat