Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:06 am 
Manager
Manager

Spurs at home with a 19.45 kick off.

Looking forward to a top notch club coming to our patch and the question is can we enforce our system on them.

If we can it becomes a fifty fifty game.

Forecast for this one One each.

Did you know Harry Kane's middle name is Edward, not many people know that.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Wolves vs Spurs
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

Odd KO time, should be more Saturday night games. We normally do well against Spurs.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:11 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

Well that's one HEK of a piece of trivia.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:49 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

I wish it to be understood that any prediction I make is subject to us taking'at least,
some of the chances that come our way.
It is a miserable return thus far,and should this trend continue,I may be compelled to
adjust my confidence.
My confidence in Nuno is,as yet undiminished,but I do expect an upward trend to ensue
beginning V Spurs.

Wolves 2 Spurs 1.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Well that's one HEK of a piece of trivia.

I see what you're doing there......barf

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:45 am 
Manager
Manager

All Wolves' games under Nuno seem to depend upon who scores the opening goal. Shame they rested Kane last night, I was hoping this week of games would truly knacker him.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

An intriguing game for two teams who are suddenly being put under the microscope after a couple of successive defeats (us) or in Spurs case, a loss to Man City after a draw in Eindhoven. It will be massive who scores first, we need to do that early on and bring them at us and we can then counter attack them on the break. Would settle now for a draw.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:45 am 
Manager
Manager

Predicted team.

------------------------------------Patricio

----------Dendoncker------------Coady-------------Boly.

Doherty-------------------Moutinho---Neves--------------------Jonny.

--------------Costa-----------------Raul-------------Cavaleiro

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

What, no Bennett? He's been very good to now.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:51 pm 
YTS

I agree would be hard on Bennett but be good to see Dedoncker get a game. He must have been very frustrated so far
Agree with Cav against Spurs
Fingers crossed

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:21 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

1-0 bad enough - 2-0 feels like "Goodnight Vienna" - we have some serious marking issues in defence.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

Spurs had just had that cutting edge, impressed with Costa, even if he couldn't stick his chance away. Pleased we gave it a good go despite going three down, good character.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Spurs had just had that cutting edge, impressed with Costa, even if he couldn't stick his chance away. Pleased we gave it a good go despite going three down, good character.

Well said, bang on.

Its the speed that gets you

You have to keep going in against it to get used to it. No easy option.

Great game.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:51 am 
Manager
Manager

Just like the Watford game, we were playing quite well then BANG-BANG, we gave two goals away due to thoughtless defending. First Lemela was allowed to waltz in to the box and have a free shot on goal (bit like the Richarleson goal for Everton), then a fooking diddy man was given a free header from 6 yards out, which is absolutely criminal.

On the positive side, we never gave up, and scored not one, but TWO penalties which were both well taken. The introduction of Gibbs-White gave us some impetus as he drove at Spurs and put them on the back foot. It felt like we were going to equalize but ran out of time.

I cannot fault the effort, but the application in the final third has to be addressed, and was summed up by Costa's awful miss. Also, not sure how effective Traore can be given our structure. Lot's of questions for Nuno to answer. Next up, Arsenal away :-|

Edit: as my right honourable friend Mr Jarse highlighted to me, of more of a concern is the fair City of Wolverhampton's inability to serve beer in an acceptable timeframe, before the game. Our APH is being severly hampered, and I fear that the lack of alchoholic sustenance may lead to one of us perishing.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:49 am 
Manager
Manager

I hope Nuno watched the Everton highlights and can find a Portuguese Richarlison.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:57 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
I hope Nuno watched the Everton highlights and can find a Portuguese Richarlison.

He Richarlison was probably an option for Wolves before his move to Watford.

For sure this kind of game highlights you have to spend big on final third game changers.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:52 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
Just like the Watford game, we were playing quite well then BANG-BANG, we gave two goals away due to thoughtless defending. First Lemela was allowed to waltz in to the box and have a free shot on goal (bit like the Richarleson goal for Everton), then a fooking diddy man was given a free header from 6 yards out, which is absolutely criminal.

Conceding a goal just like the one we did at Brighton was criminal.

The ball went from one side of the goal to the other with the entire defence following the ball and then it quickly came back again and suddenly was in the net.

I'm astonished that they made the same mistake two weeks running.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Defence is starting to creak badly, every time the opposition get near our box we look like conceding. It was the same v Brighton, but they didn't go forward half as much, yet we struggled whenever they crossed the ball in.

Boly is doing a great job all over the field but the others aren't as looking as solid, Jonny has looked mediocre ever since the Spain-England game and Doherty has always been a more a forward threat than defensive rock.

As I said at the top of the thread, everything with Nuno's side seems to rest upon scoring the first goal or not. Some spirited attacking from us yesterday but realistically we blew the game inside those 2 minutes, 0-2 down at this level is a mountain to climb.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

Thought Boly lost his man for the first goal. Cody was good but is still clearly learning the defensive side, certainly at this level. Bennett is the most solid defensively but just so poor on the ball.

First time MGW really looked the part, irony is before this, despite playing much more, Ronan has created more goals and assists. Moutinho and Neves are both very similar and sometimes we lack that drive. Him and Neves could be some partnership in the future.

Cav was pretty anonymous. WBs are doing a lot of running, would like see Vinagre given a go against the weaker teams. Bonatini just looks so out of his depth, Jimenez was lively again. Need someone who can compete with Raul, Solanke doesn't seem to be getting any game time at 'pool.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

That extra bit of experience, pace and movement did for us in those three minutes in the middle of the first half. Allied to that some very poor tracking of players by our defence and the game was basically over after half an hour. It is all about learning as we go at this level and you can only learn things from mistakes not from wins and style of play. I am sure Nuno will highlight our errors during the coming week and the players take it on board and act upon it in future. At one point I thought that Spurs were nearer a 4-0 than we were a 3-3 but the game changed after the first penalty and we got at them with vigour and determination, great to see when you are three down. Gibbs-White's short cameo was very exciting, it was very heartening to see Nuno put him on to play with no pressure in the game and he did superbly. Costa's miss was decisive but on seeing the slow motion replays, he was stretching for it and was not fully balanced to make the goal. That offside goal in the first half just gets worse every viewing I see of it and it makes me want to vomit. A shocking linesman's error, big time at this level. Spurs were far better than us in the decisive moments up top, they also started without Vertonghen, Alli and Eriksen, so they did not put out their strongest starting eleven. Cut out the switch off moments in defence, get a striker in by January ( Defoe on loan for 6 months..??) and we will be alright.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

True, it looked more likely to be four or five nil. Spurs were on another level offensively. No shame as we are newly promoted, I remember when, more often than not, we used to get an absolute drubbing last time we were promoted.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:25 pm 
YTS

Does anyone know why Jimenez took the second penalty- seemed curious after Neves scored the first. ( I'm probably missing something obvious)
MGW looked really good in the highlights- MOTD guys very impressed. He's always looked bright when I've seen him but more a midfield player than a striker or a winger where he's sometimes been used.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies