Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:14 am 
Manager
Manager

Of all the sides near or at the top end of the league the one I thought Wolves should enjoy facing the most is Arsenal.
They share many of the same values of our Wolves side and can be got at because they leave space in behind and down the sides.
Expect another nail biter, or maybe a head scratcher.

One thing with the Premier league you have to really enjoy it.

Forecast for this one an end to end creative fest... 3-3.

The day we find our shooting boots.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Arsenal vs Wolves
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

I would be truly astounded if this team can score 3 goals. There's no been absolutely no sign that we have gained any composure in front of goal. Traore for one has looked worse with every appearance.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
I would be truly astounded if this team can score 3 goals. There's no been absolutely no sign that we have gained any composure in front of goal. Traore for one has looked worse with every appearance.

Have to admit that I think he hasn't shined since West Ham.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:

I would say three penalties..:-)

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

I would also add that the last thing Wolves want to get into against a team like Arsenal is an end to end game as, just as last night shows, when you have an open game the more ruthless team will simply outscore the other and Wolves are probably the division's least ruthless team.

Our best results have come from us keeping the game as tight as possible with our team shape. If we let the opposition get right up against our defence we will concede more often than not.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:49 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
I would also add that the last thing Wolves want to get into against a team like Arsenal is an end to end game as, just as last night shows, when you have an open game the more ruthless team will simply outscore the other and Wolves are probably the division's least ruthless team.

Our best results have come from us keeping the game as tight as possible with our team shape. If we let the opposition get right up against our defence we will concede more often than not.

I dont think Wolves are built that way, Nuno wishes to thin the oil not get bogged down in grease.

Could be a test of the fans over time because of our wish to open up the field even against the best operators.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:47 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

wow Arsenal playing very nicely for us - thank you for the goal - woot.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

Can we get a woo hoo from Desi ?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:26 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Nice to see the usual high number of contributors - anyone would think peeps are down at the match.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:29 pm 
YTS

Just wandered into town ( Midlands but not Wolverhampton)to watch the game in a pub. For some reason - they are showing the Manchester derby!!!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:30 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

The game isnt on TV, only moved to Sunday due to Arsenal being in the Europa League.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

Should have scored more than 1 - more profligacy from us! There's definitely more breakaway chances for us here.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

Good half that, just don't get overexcited and look after the ball the rest will follow.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

Really should have won that with the chances we had, but much improved.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:28 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

If Arsenal had lost 3-1 they couldn't have complained - back to wall defending at times, but the chances we made were brilliant.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Had to win that match with those chances. A draw is a disappointment but at least we stopped the losing run before the break.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

Good performance, deserved a result.

Criminal defending on the Arsenal corner which led to the equaliser you cant switch off and not get punished.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:18 am 
Manager
Manager

If you highlight the good things a youngster does within a game you have to also highlight the poor unforgivable things.

Great threaded through ball from MGW last week, nice shot from the edge of the box this week.

But you just don't turn your back on an opponents corner and allow them to take it short.

That very basic cost Wolves a clean sheet and a victory.

Key reason the lad is used from the bench and not a first choice selection.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:28 am 
Manager
Manager

A draw was about right when you consider that both Bellerin and Aubameyang should have scored basic chances and then balance that with our chances missed, Costa ( first half), Jota and Traore plus MGW's woodwork shot at the death. It was Wolves who looked a top four team in this game, not Arsenal. That just shows how well we have adapted to this level. Everyone at the club can feel proud of that performance.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:

Would have if I hadn't been wasting my time in Tenerife looking for a bar that was showing a match that wasn't on the box in the fust place. Great result though, happy days are here again. Think I'll go away and write a song with that title.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
suiging wrote:

Would have if I hadn't been wasting my time in Tenerife looking for a bar that was showing a match that wasn't on the box in the fust place. Great result though, happy days are here again. Think I'll go away and write a song with that title.

:mrgreen:

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:37 am 
Manager
Manager

alig4321 wrote:
The game isnt on TV, only moved to Sunday due to Arsenal being in the Europa League.

The NBC feed was available with Don Goodman on co commentary, later used by Sky for their extended highlights output.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:25 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

knocker knowles wrote:
If you highlight the good things a youngster does within a game you have to also highlight the poor unforgivable things.

Great threaded through ball from MGW last week, nice shot from the edge of the box this week.

But you just don't turn your back on an opponents corner and allow them to take it short.

That very basic cost Wolves a clean sheet and a victory.

Key reason the lad is used from the bench and not a first choice selection.

Absolutely spot on. I didn't highlight in my positive 'Just Got Back', but did make the point that the defending at short corners was woeful from the moment Arsenal started using them. MGW was very naive and should learn from the way Bennett, Coady and Boly, Doc and Jonny (and indeed Neves) see their role in protecting our goal area. EVERYONE must do it when opposition have the ball (just see the work Jimenez does, and indeed Cav!)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:42 am 
Manager
Manager

You also require your experienced players to be loud and vocal in such situations.

Maybe Rui PatrĂ­cio and Joao Moutinho in that situation lack that confidence when using English.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:43 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
You also require your experienced players to be loud and vocal in such situations.

Maybe Rui PatrĂ­cio and Joao Moutinho in that situation lack that confidence when using English.

I believe that Rui did shout at them, alerting them to the quick corner from what I recall on MotD.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:24 pm 

Shouldn't have needed a shout from anyone! They are PAID to concentrate for the entire game, and this must have been the 4th or 5th short corner Arsenal had taken, so hardly a surprise!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

TStarr wrote:
If Arsenal had lost 3-1 they couldn't have complained - back to wall defending at times, but the chances we made were brilliant.

Their fans would have gone into melt-down, though. :mrgreen:

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat