Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

We're staying at the Mol and it will be expanded to 50,000. Great news. :mrgreen:

https://www.blackcountrychamber.co.uk/e ... -molineux/

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

Very relieved to hear that we are staying where we are (though I haven't truly doubted that we would remain).

A Wolves away from Molineux would be almost a different club for me, although I acknowledge it would make a superstadium project far easier.

If people are hacked off about having to move seat for one game for UEFA competitions, the rebuild of the existing stadium will be a big challenge to keep the fans on-board as there will be a lot of disruption involved.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:54 am 
Manager
Manager

Very good news as a move away into a soulless big bowl would not work for the fans. The club belongs in the city, it is the heartbeat. Disruption during construction would be expected for most of us, the UEFA seats kerfaffle is something I noticed during my odd visits watching Borussia Moenchengladbach in Europe these last three or four years and it does rile a number of affected supporters. But, we are in Europe, who could have foreseen that when we were in League One??? The stuff of dreams indeed. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

I thought Fosun, had had a rethink on the 50000 capacity?
With 40/45000 being more likely.
And, with the South Bank being first, I thought the first attendance target was 37000.

Is 50 000 too ambitious?
If we had 50000 seats now how many would turn up? 35000?

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:42 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
And, with the South Bank being first, I thought the first attendance target was 37000.

Is 50 000 too ambitious?

How many times have I been in a three quarter full stadium and heard over the tannoy that the attendance was 28,000?
Its all bollocks. I have been in the Molineux with a crowd of over 52,000 and a crowd of less than 2,000.

Wolves are not a significant city and as such the owners need to keep the crowd lean and mean. It makes perfect sense to keep supply fewer than demand as the attendance nowadays has fuck all to do with the clubs overall profitability.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:55 am 
Manager
Manager

I think that 40'000 would be ample for us as things stand but if we develop into a top four team in the longer term and become ' a top brand in world football', then we'd probably attract the far Eastern football tourists and need bigger capacity. Getting 35'000 every fortnight when the ground holds 50'000 makes it look empty in sections, so for me 40'000 does the job.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:28 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

Is 50 000 too ambitious?

How many times have I been in a three quarter full stadium and heard over the tannoy that the attendance was 28,000?
Its all bollocks. I have been in the Molineux with a crowd of over 52,000 and a crowd of less than 2,000.

Wolves are not a significant city and as such the owners need to keep the crowd lean and mean. It makes perfect sense to keep supply fewer than demand as the attendance nowadays has fuck all to do with the clubs overall profitability.

I have been unable to get 2 seats next to each other for the past 3 years, so an increase in capacity would be most welcome.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

Jeff pretty much said so recently, encouragingly he referenced the redevelopment of Anfield as the right approach to take.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... -priority/

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

Is 50 000 too ambitious?

Leading economist Rozza, highlights the changing face of footballing macronomics.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:40 am 
Manager
Manager

Interesting choice for Jeff.

Higher investment in the playing squad or investment into the ground rebuild.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:50 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Ultimately a higher ground capacity will help facilitate higher investment in the playing squad.

However, the question is always whether the club is stable enough short-term to forsake higher player investment in order to facilitate the stadium expense.

Aside from the big boys, there aren't many examples of it working out. I always thought it was a shame that Morgan pulled the plug on it because of relegation. The best time to do this is actually outside of the PL, when you don't need to be spending fortunes on players to still remain competitive.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Ultimately a higher ground capacity will help facilitate higher investment in the playing squad.

However, the question is always whether the club is stable enough short-term to forsake higher player investment in order to facilitate the stadium expense.

Aside from the big boys, there aren't many examples of it working out. I always thought it was a shame that Morgan pulled the plug on it because of relegation. The best time to do this is actually outside of the PL, when you don't need to be spending fortunes on players to still remain competitive.

I'm not sure that really rings true these days- I would imagine that proprtionaly the money from Sky etc. that we get from being in the premier league outweighs the extra money we would get from season tickets/tickets...esp. If we didn't manage to sell them.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I'm not sure that really rings true these days- I would imagine that proprtionaly the money from Sky etc. that we get from being in the premier league outweighs the extra money we would get from season tickets/tickets...esp. If we didn't manage to sell them.

While huge, the TV money only takes you so far.

The real ability to pay the bumper wages across a squad and pay out large transfer fees comes from the stadium that opens up the corporate income and makes sponsorship deals much more enticing. Of course, you also need to have the fanbase to fill it and fill it paying good money.

With its geographic position along side other clubs (Villa's promotion was a definite negative) and its economic problems, Wolves will never be as well placed as many other clubs, but an enlarged capacity with additional corporate opportunities is really the only method to push the club any further than last season's 7th place showing.

You're very unlikely to find many clubs with a barely 30k capacity having sustained success in the main leagues.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat