Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: Fosun / Thomas Cook
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:41 am 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Fosun took a huge hit on Thomas Cook
It’s credit rating has been significantly hit and it is looking to sell assets according to the press.
It may well be that funding for new players may be affected- I don’t know that but given they were looking for investment that may well be the case. I hope we don’t get sold...

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Forum/ Thomas Cook
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:34 am 
Manager
Manager

raggedwolf wrote:
Fosun took a huge hit on Thomas Cook
It’s credit rating has been significantly hit and it is looking to sell assets according to the press.
It may well be that funding for new players may be affected- I don’t know that but given they were looking for investment that may well be the case. I hope we don’t get sold...

Fosun describe their investment as "Geared". The MD disappeared recently when their business dealings came under criticism from the Central Authorities from putting pressure on the Chinese Banking system through their aggressive acquisitions . Since then, they have had to ensure their overseas dealings are geared Internationally. It remains to be seen who's money they were using in the bail-out. Don't think it will worry Wolves at all. Fingers crossed.

Post subject: Re: Forum/ Thomas Cook
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:48 am 
Manager
Manager

I don't think it's player recruitment where any pinch will fall. We are limited in player expenditure by FFP in any case so even if Fosun wanted to drop a cool billion on new players, we couldn't.

If there are any liquidity problems it would be more likely to slow down/halt the ground development imo.

As long as Wolves remain in the PL without crazy spending, we will remain an excellent investment for Fosun. The fact that they bought the entire club 3 years ago for 45 mill and now believe it to be worth 350 mill reflects that.

I'm sure there must have been synergies and complex analysis that led to its Thomas Cook being bought which are beyond my understanding, but from the outside it appeared a pretty stupid buy to be honest. Their whole model is 15 years out of date. Hopefully this isn't a sign of muddled thinking within Fosun that will see more poor investments taken on.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post subject: Re: Fosun / Thomas Cook
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:08 am 
Manager
Manager

Fosun state their loss is 36 million.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat