Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: Nuno on Arsenal's radar
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

It seems they are interested in him replacing Emery.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:56 am 
Manager
Manager

All precipitated by that twat Merson opening his mouth about him being a better bet than Emery. Why would he go to an inferior club ( money excepted?)….they are in meltdown and not a happy bunch of campers, whereas here at Wolves, he operates quietly and with full control of most aspects of his job. Let's just hope it is all paper talk and punter waffle / desires, deep down he must know that Project Wolves is sailing along very smoothly for him.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:56 am 
Manager
Manager

You have to accept that clubs are going to be looking at Nuno
And Arsenal are bigger than Wolves.
Raul Sanllehi has a long-standing relationship with Nuno's agent Mendes.

Are Fosun really looking to take Wolves to the top..?
If they match Nuno's ambition, he stays

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Football is business.

Nuno has brought more than just a team to the glorious town, he has brought and developed an image. An image that is now being looked at throughout the world with commercial envy, and image that is saleable to the supporters of any English team, his value's mirroring those of true supporters.

As well as offering him a challenge, Arsenal will throw shed loads of money at him, with promises to allow him to buy players Wolves can only ( for now) dream of, and the promise of "Big Time Charlie "status

If it's true he will be tempted on many levels. I honestly think he loves the Wolves and the supporters. He understands what it means to the community, he is not a prawn sandwich chaser. All these considerations will come into play, let's keep supporting him throughout thick and thin and hope for the best.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

Nuno's not going anywhere.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:08 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I know in my gut that he won't be going anywhere. What Nuno has here is incomparable to any other club. He knows where his bed is made.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

If he is offered the Arsenal job I hope he takes the opportunity to sit down with the key decision maker from Fosun to fully understand whats possible at Wolves.

If Wolves can match his ambition, fine, stay. If not move on Nuno..

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
If he is offered the Arsenal job I hope he takes the opportunity to sit down with the key decision maker from Fosun to fully understand whats possible at Wolves.

If Wolves can match his ambition, fine, stay. If not move on Nuno..

The problem is that Wolves have obstacles that the key decision maker from Fosun cannot magic away.

FFP is limiting Fosun's ability to spend on new transfers and Wolves' lesser status in the world game is limiting our ability to attract transfer targets to sign.

Fosun may well be serious about genuinely having huge ambitions for us, but we are not in as strong a position as Arsenal at present to go all out in realising our ambitions.

I don't think Arsenal's ownership have any ambitions beyond keep the money tap flowing with extortionate season ticket sales and incoming UEFA monies but they have the infrastructure to more easily achieve that than we do.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:25 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50570872

I have to agree with KK.

If not Arsenal, then other 'top clubs' (how many ARE there?) will come calling.

Everything will depend on:
- does Fosun have the stomach as well as the money for a serious push for top 4 status?
- does Nuno believe Fosun will back him for the next 3-4 years?
- does Nuno want to build a club around him, and be 'a legend' for decades to come, or just be a footnote in the history of several clubs?
- does Nuno crave the highlife and lights of London?
- does Nuno want PLAYERS who crave the highlife in London?

I really hope he stays. If he were to go, he would take his entire backroom staff, not to mention several players fundamentally key to our future. If he went, would Fosun find another Nuno? Or would they regard it as 'time to pull the plug', and leave us bereft??

No-one said it would be an easy ride!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:05 am 
YTS

I don’t think Arsenal will be the team we inevitably lose Nuno to. I’m hoping we get 3 or 4 more years before he heads off to Madrid or another properly big team. By then he’ll have raised Wolves’ profile enough for us to get a good replacement. Fingers crossed as my brother is a Gooner...

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:53 am 
Manager
Manager

The big four no longer exists, Arsenal aren't the club they used to be, the league is more fluid. An approach from Spurs was the one I was concerned about.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:19 am 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
The big four no longer exists, Arsenal aren't the club they used to be, the league is more fluid. An approach from Spurs was the one I was concerned about.

I think if you go 3-4-3 at Arsenal then add 3 players, Coady, Boly and Neves you become contenders.

Most teams are usually three players away from changing their fortunes around.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

I think if you go 3-4-3 at Arsenal then add 3 players, Coady, Boly and Neves you become contenders.

They only become contenders if the they Nuno.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:09 pm 

Nuno - as always - refuses to comment on speculation.

But many fans would wish he rejected out of hand. But I am sure Nuno is savvy enough to use any 'indecision' as bargaining chip in his dealings with Fosun, and his requests for more money, not just for himself, but for 'guarantees' re building squad and developing ground.

If he gets the impression that Fosun interest in his 'big project' doesn't match his own, he will go - and we will struggle not to have memories of the glories of 2017-2020 to look back on as we drift back to semi-obscurity with a host of inadequate managers and miserly funding....

What does worry me is that ALL bookmakers now have him as odds-on to be net Arsenal manager, and no-one else near (Ljunberg 6/1, Pocchetino 7/1....)

We must keep fingers crossed for stunning Arsenal victories tonight and at the weekend!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
We must keep fingers crossed for stunning Arsenal victories tonight and at the weekend!

Their manager is toast sooner or later anyway, so I'm not sure that brings any great benefits for us.

In my opinion, it would actually be better the situation comes to a head sooner rather than later as it will prove harder for any club to prise Nuno away from us during the season rather than in the close season.

Let Arsenal sack Emery, have to cough up his compensation, then let's see where the lay of the land lies. Hopefully they go for and obtain Arteta. He won't be much cop but he will fill the hot seat there for at least a further season. We can then move on without this cloud over us.

The ideal immediate outcome is that Nuno agrees a new deal with us - his present deal is too short in any case. It's great to read that Moutinho has another contract until 2022 but Nuno is far more important and needs a longer deal than 2021.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:07 pm 

Good point.

Jeff & co should sign him up for MUCH longer, and give him an increase to make him a top 8 earner. Show faith in him, and he'll (hopefully!) repay that faith!

Come on Board - you know it makes sense! GET ON WITH IT!! Protect your finest asset!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:16 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Good point.

Jeff & co should sign him up for MUCH longer, and give him an increase to make him a top 8 earner. Show faith in him, and he'll (hopefully!) repay that faith!

Come on Board - you know it makes sense! GET ON WITH IT!! Protect your finest asset!

As well as our finest asset, he is probably a certain Football Agent's finest asset. And therein lies the problem.

Fosun's influence/control there will be the battleground. If not now, certainly in the near future.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:21 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

Arsenal have deeper problems than that in my opinion.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:51 am 
Manager
Manager

Emery sacked, Ljungberg holding the fort while they look for a new manager.

Time for Jeff to sort out Nuno's contract.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:54 am 

shropswolf wrote:
Emery sacked, Ljungberg holding the fort while they look for a new manager.

Time for Jeff to sort out Nuno's contract.

Spot on!!!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:18 pm 

Phew...!!

Nuno drifting in betting for Arsenal job, as Ljunberg, Arteta, Allegri, Ancellotti and Pocchetino come into the picture! But who knows???

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Phew...!!

Nuno drifting in betting for Arsenal job, as Ljunberg, Arteta, Allegri, Ancellotti and Pocchetino come into the picture! But who knows???

The betting markets are too unstable to read anything into. Two different managers have been 1/1 already within the space of a couple of hours.

It's just people chancing their arm and the bookies altering the prices accordingly.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

If I was a betting man my money would be on Allegri.

Interesting decision for Arsenal.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

I just not convinced that Allegri wants to turn up mid-season with the summer transfer money spent to a team which is out of the CL and has no hope of challenging for the league title.

The Man Utd job could be available at the end of the season (or sooner).

I'd like them to get Arteta but I don't think he's got the guts to fly the City nest. However much Pep will be praising Arteta's managerial credentials publicly, he and the regime will be pressuring Arteta big time behind the scenes to stay on as assistant.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:34 pm 

Allegri is now the odds on favourite with several bookies. Good!!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Hopefully Allegri gets the job. He may be counting on getting Man City at the end of the season. I had thought Wenger might return as interim until the end of the year, but not to be I guess. Maybe they approached him and he turned it down. Poch is still high on the list of possibles regardless of which club he last managed.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

I wonder who we would go after if Nuno did go. I am sure Nuno would want us to have someone good to follow on. Someone who had a similar philosophy. I would crack the shits if we brought someone in who played 4-4-2, parked the bus and hoofed.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

You can imagine Jorge Mendes having the temptation of owning the London football scene with himself Mourinho and Nuno controlling the big two.

Maybe they could buy a nice piece of Mayfair to create a little Portugal.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
You can imagine Jorge Mendes having the temptation of owning the London football scene with himself Mourinho and Nuno controlling the big two.

Maybe they could buy a nice piece of Mayfair to create a little Portugal.

That is a concern. Having Arsenal as part of the Mendes network would put him on another level in terms of financial resources and as a destination to place players. Would that also be in Fosun's interest too.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:54 am 
Manager
Manager

If Ljungberg wants the job he has to make a statement through his team selection.

The easiest one is making sure his ten outfield players close down the opponents space quickly and effectively.

Drop those that don't or wont, no matter their name and salary.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat