Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: Wolves - the sell off
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fosun International is trying to sell part of its stake in Wolverhampton Wanderers. This could result in the football club’s shares being listed on the London Stock Exchange through an initial public offer (IPO).

https://www.hl.co.uk/free-guides/wolver ... SXTE5&utm_

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

I have seen ads on my Facebook feed this last two weeks from Lansdown Hargreaves about applying to buy shares in the upcoming Wolves scenario, it makes sense now, thought it was spam when I first saw them.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

Self finance for the new ground

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:12 am 
Manager
Manager

Would be interested to hear the rationale for an IPO, private sales are usual for football clubs, then again it is odd that a listed company like Fosun would invest in a football club in the first place. I would consider investing in Man U if they hire Poch, they are still a money making machine, but I will pass on this IPO.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:42 am 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Would be interested to hear the rationale for an IPO, private sales are usual for football clubs, then again it is odd that a listed company like Fosun would invest in a football club in the first place. I would consider investing in Man U if they hire Poch, they are still a money making machine, but I will pass on this IPO.

Fosun and indeed the PRC are all about building bridges in the community to get what they want in the end. They have long term commercial plans for the West Midlands, goodwill with the councils worth their time and money in investing in a football club. Add to that the value they have added to their initial investment, and it's a win win. Politically, in the future if relations between the UK and China become strained, allowing the public a non-executive piece of the club makes perfect sense. It won't be a 100% held Chinese company after the float.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

Makes sense, I remember Sir Jack wanted to give some ownership to the fans. As long as we don't get relegated and the shares go to zero. I was reading Abu Dhabi made a lot of investments in Manchester after buying Citeh.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Makes sense, I remember Sir Jack wanted to give some ownership to the fans. As long as we don't get relegated and the shares go to zero. I was reading Abu Dhabi made a lot of investments in Manchester after buying Citeh.

No coincidence the number of Chinese interests in Midland's clubs. Transport hubs, good University links, lots of brown sites to redevelop. Check out who owns the UK ports, it will surprise you. The centre of the country an obvious area for future investment and growth. Fosun and the others are not in it for the love of the game.

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat