Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:55 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

What can I say that has not been said? Wonderful performance by virtually everybody. Showed that we can COMPETE with the best in the world by standing toe to toe with them. In 2nd half we took game to them and after equalising with a beauty, there looked to be only one side likely to win.... And then.... So so so annoying. Proud of Nuno. Proud of the lads.

Patricio - 8 - 2 excellent saves, but rarely troubled to be honest.
Dendonker - 7 - pretty solid performance. Possibly helped by departure of Mane.
Coady - 7 - another horrendous error on the edge of the box, but otherwise good cajoling performance.
Saiss - 8 - pick of the defence. Several great challenges, and his passing was mainly very precise.
Doc - 7 - a bit disappointing going forwards, and missed a GREAT chance with header in 1st half.
Neves - 8.5 - best game for ages. Combative and passing so much more precise. One great effort just wide. Shooting boots coming back?
Moutinho - 8 - beautifully controlled performance AND bona couple of headers!
Jonny - 8 - cracking performance defensively, but just lacks a bot of imagination in last 30 yards....
Traore - 9 - just unbelievable. Beat everyone for fun. Some great balls in too, and several excellent well judged passes threaded forwards. If we keep this guy beyond May it will be a miracle. But why when through in 2nd half and outpacing everyone towards box did he shoot from 35 yards? Could and should have run another 10 then break the net...!
Jimenez - 7 - great in so many ways BUT had 3 half chances and each time did not get good contact with shot, so easily saved. Needed to be SMASHED in!
Neto - 8 - a revelation these last 3 games. Pace and power. Just needs Jota's lower body strength and he will be the REAL DEAL.

Subs: Jota - 6 - great to see him back but OH WHAT A MESS with the chance to equalise in last 2 minutes! Surely would have scored if match-fit? Such a shame - for him AND US!!
MGW - 6 - not really involved at all

I just hope we can maintain this level v Man Utd next Saturday, and in the games beyond. If we can, we can certainly get 5th spot. Surely worth going for?

Proud of the lads. A really committed performance (after the horror of that 1st conceded goal yet again!). And Liverpool had kept a clean sheet for the last SEVEN games - and we could and should have scored 3....!! We ARE a good side!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

Thanks for the report, I missed the game completely.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:19 pm 

Only one reply; but at least a few 'reads'. Perhaps I need to go back to the experimental one - the one I wrote with ridiculously outrageous opinions.... At least that got responses!

Oh well... Off to Man Utd on Saturday, but don;t expect an early report, with it being a late kick off. Won't be home till late, and there's that bottle of bubbly to drink to celebrate!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Only one reply; but at least a few 'reads'. Perhaps I need to go back to the experimental one - the one I wrote with ridiculously outrageous opinions.... At least that got responses!

Oh well... Off to Man Utd on Saturday, but don;t expect an early report, with it being a late kick off. Won't be home till late, and there's that bottle of bubbly to drink to celebrate!

No doubt the others who read find it a very welcome write up as always.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:15 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Einstein was 4 years old when he spoke his first words. His mother gave him a bowl of soup and he said " The soup is too hot", his startled mother burst into tears and asked him why he had taken 4 years to speak or say something, he replied " Up till now everything had been ok"

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:46 pm 

Rozza wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Einstein was 4 years old when he spoke his first words. His mother gave him a bowl of soup and he said " The soup is too hot", his startled mother burst into tears and asked him why he had taken 4 years to speak or say something, he replied " Up till now everything had been ok"

:D :smt023

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

John Stuart Mill was supposed to have been five when he first uttered his first words and when his father enquired why he hadn’t previously spoken he is alleged to have said that up to then he hadn’t anything worthwhile to say.

I’m sure that both stories are untrue but they’re amusing.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat